Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    and how are you so certain of that with how WW2 was? We literally REJECTED the Japanese as humans to give the okay to nukes.
    The things Japan did in WW2 were VASTLY worse than the nukes we used.

Yeah, I just want your honest opinion. Do you honestly believe the scourge of WW2 and former arch-enemy of America are genuinely buddies or, in actuality, are they being held in line through the CIA and military might of USA now occupying their lands on top of having the distinction of being previously nuked mostly like lab rats (really, it was to see what a nuke would do since we dehumanized them then). How much of their friendliess is an act, if not all of it? I just personally can't see how WW2 was just let go like it is seemingly seen now.
    I... what?
    Really?

Most japanese lead far better lives than the average american...would be the first case in history where the slave is better off than the master lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    hijacking this thread

it's now about how mentally disturbed the OP is.

i say 9.5/10.
    I'll give it a solid 5/7
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    god damnit Laurcus y-you.. you're supposed to be better than this. SoA is trash
    From my perspective, SAO is not just good, it is an incredible, almost transcendental work of fiction. I see in it a lot of the ideas that helped DBZ stand the test of time for me, and I will defend that position to the grave.

If you tell me what you dislike about SAO I will tell you why the things you mentioned are either a, not a problem for me, b, a strength instead of a weakness, or c, not true. If you are familiar with the various things I've written about DBZ, I am equally thorough when it comes to SAO. My particular brand of autistic neuroticism seems to be particularly well suited to dissecting ideas about TV shows. And yes that was a self deprecating humble brag.

So, sit, talk, dialogue, that sort of thing.

Deleted
    So murican land is a slave of China? Cuz they are in huge debt towards China.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoT Spoiler: SKYNET WINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    I have a fight coming up next week that demands my attention. But sometimes post September 10. Lets get together on discord or skype an will hash this out proper.

Never forget! I watched the first 5 episodes for you!
    If you quit in the first 5 episodes I have a pretty good idea of what you don't like. The time skips don't bother me. I like comic books and the structure is kind of similar. You are probably most pissed off at how the second episode was interesting with what it showed of the first boss, and you probably find it annoying that the show focused on things that seem irrelevant by comparison while killing off all those bosses off screen. You probably feel a bit cucked, right?

That's not an irrational way to feel, which is why the author for SAO has been going back and writing books about the earlier floors. With the exception of the first book, which covers floors 1 and 2, the other books in this spin off series, (SAO Progressive) cover 1 floor each. For reference, 1 book is generally adapted into 5-7 episodes. Progressive has just covered floor 5, so there is about enough material to cover a full season if Progressive were to be adapted into anime form, which A1 said they're interested in doing eventually.

All that being said, feeling that way misses the point of what SAO is supposed to be. SAO is not a series about surviving inside a death game. SAO is the author's attempt to answer the following question, "How is the real world different from the virtual?" Note that the absolute first problem that the characters encounter is not one of life and death, it is Klein being unable to answer the door and get the pizza he paid for because he is stuck in a virtual world. The death game is nothing more than the author preempting the idea that the main difference between the real and virtual is mortal consequences. A virtual world can have mortal consequences too if it is designed to be that way, therefore that is irrelevant to the larger question. I find the answering of this question much more compelling than just dudes with swords hack virtual monsters to bits.

I don't want you to do anything that you don't wish to do on my part. If you hate SAO after 5 episodes you will probably not start liking it suddenly and if you're disinterested you're probably not finding all the more subtle things that add depth to the series. I can't tell you how many angry people I've spoken to that are flabbergasted at the nonsensical MMO mechanics because Kirito uses the same cloak all the way through. Their reactions are always interesting when I point out that Kirito gets a new cloak in episode 3 and then again in episode 7. But I digress. For me, the first 5 episodes are nothing terribly special. If the series had ended there I would have said, "Huh, there were worse ways to spend an afternoon, but I don't think I will recommend this show to anyone else." In my opinion, the series hits its stride at episode 9. Imo, episodes 9, 10, 14, 24, 25, 38, 39, and 49 are all exceptionally good, with 14, 24, 25, 39 and 49 standing even above the other really good episodes. There's also about 5 or so episodes between 25 and 39 that I'm not giving enough credit, but exact episode numbers escape me atm. Having read the first 3 books that season 3 will be based on, I am quite sure that some of those episodes will stand far above even the best ones that have come before.

I must decline your discord/skype invitation. Those that know me know I am notoriously hard to coax into voice chat. Text is my preferred medium.

Deleted
    I think because of how often people mis-use the term slave these days, the word has lost all meaning.

Japan ruined itself in WW2 and is lucky that the US took them under their wing afterwards.
    Not just for economical reasons, but also because many countries in the region deeply hate the Japanese for what they did in the decades before WW2.

i really doubt that a nation can even like a nation like US that crazy bombed all country and even used a nuke.
    but evidently isnt enough clear for someone

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think because of how often people mis-use the term slave these days, the word has lost all meaning.

Japan ruined itself in WW2 and is lucky that the US took them under their wing afterwards.
    Not just for economical reasons, but also because many countries in the region deeply hate the Japanese for what they did in the decades before WW2.
    Amen, so if the US wanted they could've just destroyed Japan altogether but showed mercy. Interesting what has come of it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Well this is actually true. We had I think like 12 more nuclear weapons already deployed to the front line and ready to go. Can't remember the exact amount. The entire reason nukes were used was because Japan had a fight to the death mentality that we didn't share but we also weren't going to lose. We had the choice of carrying on conventional warfare with them for the foreseeable future, killing millions of our collective peoples, or dropping devastation like the world has never seen to drive them to the surrender table. We made the right choice and anyone with a level head should know that.
    and why are we friends with Japan again with that said, if even that much and not having a kid with the leash relationship.

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually put in the effort to explain why something is wrong headed and stupid but this is just not worth the time. I don't need to educate or entertain every idiotic thought that manifests in the mushy pea brain of a twenty year old shut in. Some types of stupidity should just be ridiculed or ignored so I'll just go with giving you a solid 9.7898/10 on the fucked in the head scale.

We get it, OP, you hate Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    They didn't have a choice in the matter. One of the other main reasons of their protraction of surrender was that they were hoping for good terms, which they didn't get after the USSR entered the war. The US had the moral obligation of seeing Japan rebuilt because many felt we had basically conducted state-level terrorism in the act of not only using the nukes but the precursor fire-bombings which were actually more destructive.

Japan was basically completely shit on at their surrender, they had no friends and no hopes. The days of razing your enemies' lands and salting the earth were long over.
    so more or less, we're still not exactly friends and they are intimidated by America. Either that or the Japan then was killed by the US and what exists now is something completely different.

Do the Japanese ever indicate feeling ashamed when looking back on history though?

so more or less, we're still not exactly friends and they are intimidated by America. Either that or the Japan then was killed by the US and what exists now is something completely different.

Do the Japanese ever indicate feeling ashamed when looking back on history though?
    History never happened in Japan. All the bad things were just western racist propaganda. Like Nanking, according to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Not unless Sargeras DESTROYS that Void made Monstrosity.

Namely by cleaving our World.
    if there isn't already (and that would surprise me) there will surely be an anime version of ol' Sarggy sooner or later, so it may have already corrupted him

10+ Year Old Account
    Germany like Japan was once ruled by cruel men, and through a lot of time and effort are free people. They are now just another country. They certainly don't have as much power as they'd like to have but they are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Are tacos really food, are are they just the devil taunting you with dreams about how you could be eating tacos all day if you had a giant stomach and didn't care about being fat?
    ... This post is so deep that it triggers my Thalassophobia... I couldn't relate more! D:

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    if there isn't already (and that would surprise me) there will surely be an anime version of ol' Sarggy sooner or later, so it may have already corrupted him
    If there is, then grab either Goku, and that Madoka girl to handle his ass.

That, or jail the guy. Idk....