Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Are people actually annoyed that they had to think for a second in a game rather than just playing whack a mole with waypoints?
    Yes, apparently they are. Though with the example that's been given, no amount of thinking is even required to complete the task. Which speaks volumes of the people bitching about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I never played Destiny in my life like EVER, installed Beta and passed intro mission and that Strike thing no problem. I have no idea how people could be stuck there, you are literally getting handheld with markers and minimap and the whole thing is basically one big single direction pretty tunnel.

How is the PvE aspect of Destiny? Is it worth playing if you are not interested in PvP? Talking Destiny 1 here, just to test the waters.

P.S. You want to see what a real greed-ass shit anti-player monetization scheme is? Go try Fortnite, it's literally the ultimate publisher greed there, I never seen anything like it... DLC? lol, after that one - DLCs are like frikkin' blessings made by benevolent beings.

I swear, Fortnite literally impressed me with how hard they try to squeeze you dry.
    It should be worth it. I played everything D1 had to offer and it looks like D2 will be offering even more. So yes, I feel like the PvE content should be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think there may be a bit of a misunderstanding with my basic displeasure here. I don't begrudge them charging for DLC, it's a valid and effective business model. My issue is with how soon after release the DLC may be released. Past experience have honestly jaded me a little bit. If it were being released 3+ months later, it's not an issue. It's not REALLY an issue if they release it three DAYS later but the perception just changes in that case and makes it look far more blatantly money grabby and feels more like they intentionally held some of that content back just to charge for it right out of the gate. When it comes out later it doesn't feel like that and comes across as more sincerely new content. Does that make sense? It's a perception thing and not a overall disagreement with DLC as a whole.
    From what we know, the first DLC will most likely hit in December. So this is a non-issue. You can stop bitching about it now.

I hadn't seen a date attached to the release of the DLC. What I had seen and heard before made it sound more immediate. My displeasure seems to have been misplaced in this case. My bad.
    Yeah they said it was planned for 3 months after launch so it sounds like they are planning a similar release schedule to what they did in Destiny 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I never played Destiny in my life like EVER, installed Beta and passed intro mission and that Strike thing no problem. I have no idea how people could be stuck there, you are literally getting handheld with markers and minimap and the whole thing is basically one big single direction pretty tunnel.

How is the PvE aspect of Destiny? Is it worth playing if you are not interested in PvP? Talking Destiny 1 here, just to test the waters.

P.S. You want to see what a real greed-ass shit anti-player monetization scheme is? Go try Fortnite, it's literally the ultimate publisher greed there, I never seen anything like it... DLC? lol, after that one - DLCs are like frikkin' blessings made by benevolent beings.

I swear, Fortnite literally impressed me with how hard they try to squeeze you dry.
    In my opinion yes. I am not a fan of PvP in general, even though in this game it is pretty fun. The PvE aspect of Destiny 1 is solid and provides a good 10+ hours of stuff to do, has a decent story and great game play and is well worth the price tag. It's still pretty active so group activities are able to be done pretty quickly and will provide more than the 10+ hours I stated earlier and are quite fun. The raids are called "Strikes" and are usually the ending scenario in a quest chain where you get pitted against the big bad. If you're on PS4 they require a PSPlus membership to participate in. They're not required to complete the story, but they are technically the capstone for that specific storyline usually.

I hadn't seen a date attached to the release of the DLC. What I had seen and heard before made it sound more immediate. My displeasure seems to have been misplaced in this case. My bad.
    And that's the whole thing. I could understand if people were upset by a DLC releasing a few weeks afterwards, then obviously that would be cut content from the game with no reasonable time-frame to get into there. But it's listed as 3 months later, a general time for any update of content to be provided in a MMO-esque game. Also having seen nothing from the full base game, it's hard to make debates about "cut content" purely because it happened in Destiny 1.

Many improvements have been made since release, and Bungie has repeatedly shown to listen to community feedback and implement those changes in the game. It's safe to say they've most likely learned from their mistakes at this stage. It's also why the Destiny 1 release vs Destiny 1 with all updates is like night and day. The game is completely different and majorly improved in nearly all aspects since then. It's also why I find it so funny the amount of haters that just disregard Destiny 1 based on the initial release without mentioning all the improvements that have been made. It's a similar parallel to Diablo 3 on release vs later patches. Sure it sucked at first, but they learned and made it into great game later on.

To the main point though: Complaining about DLC at this stage is nothing but a sense of unreasonable entitlement and complete lack of understanding of any development cycle, which is rampant in some people here. Not stating you specifically, but I fail to see how people can be upset about DLC being in development while a base game still isn't out yet (with DLC releasing 3 months later), because literally every other single DLC based game does this. Makes no sense. You're getting extra content later on. Those same people would complain if there wasn't any new content 3 months later, and find themselves bitching about that instead and saying they need more content and the devs are lazy. Some people are just impossible and expect the world handed to them on a platter. But that platter is ever changing and non-consistent; completely depending on their personal desire for that day without any extra reason or forethought behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    >Doesn't notice a non-obvious shootable target.
    >"worse than sucking at the game"

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/25/16...-turbine-fixed

Clearly a lot of people had issues with this too.
    What they changed was there being two of the spinning things of death, not the objective itself. Completely irrelevant to the point. But I don't think it's a design issue or game issue if it took you some time to work out. Not everything in games should be immediately highlighted and made completely blatantly obvious. If it takes a little trial and error to work out what to hit, I don't think that's an issue. Especially so when there's a very clear marker on what to shoot.

If it was some complete mystery that took people hours to figure out then I could see the issue. But it's a couple of minutes at most for the completely inexperienced (a matter of seconds for the majority), which is far from an issue IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    What they fixed was the room used to have two sets of spinning beams, going opposite directions and spinning faster. You had to time your movement just right to avoid instant death.

The fact that the marker clearly shows where and what you are supposed to shoot should be all that is needed.

They had to stop working on the game at a certain point to hit release date. The did that awhile ago and have been tweaking and polishing what they have. Doesn't take the entire dev house to do that so they start work on the next set of content. Not sure what the issue with them planning and working on DLC for 3 months after release is.
    I preferred it when there were two spinning things. I never died to it on the Xbox or the PC beta but the Xbox one had me feeling some kind of anxiety about not screwing up at that point. Maybe I'm out of touch with a lot of more casual players because I've been playing FPS games for about two decades nonstop but it wasn't really that hard people just needed to be careful. I see it as a good thing if the game challenges you to stop and think for a second even if in this instance it really wasn't that thought provoking it would simply kill you if people were dumb enough to sprint into the room and jump into the massive spinning metal things.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-08-31 at 09:40 PM.

The quest marker also literally sat on top of the object you were supposed to be shooting. Having knowledge of what a turbine usually looks like helps (no trying to be condescending, it is possible to understand the definition of what one is without knowing what one ACTUALLY looks like) and admittedly the marker can be difficult to see in a light saturated environment like that one, but it was there.

Even with the confusion, if someone just took a few seconds to pay attention and look around and even test a couple things they could figure it out. Is it/ would it be such a bad thing for a gamer to have the THINK about something every once and a while instead of having the game hand hold them through every objective? The really sad part about this specific example is that the game DID handhold you through every objective and some people STILL couldn't figure it out. No one's saying the Beta doesn't have problems, but this wasn't one of them. The change made to this scenario isn't to the objectives/ markers it's to the number of arms on the rotating apparatus.
    I'm not saying it was a rubik's cube or difficult. I'm saying it was poor design.

>"The objective marker was right there!"
    >One objective marker for three turbines, right under the entire structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Then there's a lot of people who suck at video games. That part was extremely obvious to both my wife and I when we played the console Beta.
    I'm not sure why people are relating this issue to sucking at video games. If you wanted to question my eyesight or my vocabulary, then that MIGHT be reasonable. "You didn't notice the objective marker marking that thing under the huge spinning glowing objective! What a fucking scrub. I bet you can't even clear Mario 64."

I'm not saying it was a rubik's cube or difficult. I'm saying it was poor design.

>"The objective marker was right there!"
    >One objective marker for three turbines, right under the entire structure.

I'm not sure why people are relating this issue to sucking at video games. If you wanted to question my eyesight or my vocabulary, then that MIGHT be reasonable. "You didn't notice the objective marker marking that thing under the huge spinning glowing objective! What a fucking scrub. I bet you can't even clear Mario 64."
    Look who your replying to and that alone explains a lot....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Release dates for raid/trials etc have been announced: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46226

End Game

After launch, there will be a few rituals and firsts that you might want to plan for as you ascend to orbit around the Destiny Endgame. Some of these activities will be ready and waiting as soon as you play your way through to them. Others will go live shortly thereafter, giving you and your teammates time to prepare to get geared up and ready to go.

Here are a few of the dates you should mark in your calendar.

Nightfall: Ready when you are
    Raid: 10 AM PT, September 13
    Trials: 10 AM PT, September 15

If you have witnessed the race to become the first to topple the final boss, you know we keep Raid info well under wraps. These are your moments to discover – your mysteries to solve. We’ve given you the when. You will soon discover the who, the what, and the where. Together, as a team, you might even discover the how.

We’ll be watching!
    Lots of other info in the TWAB too.

As several others have pointed out, there was nothing difficult about that portion of the mission. The objectives are even clearly identified for you. And to top it all off, that part of the mission was made EVEN EASIER than it was in the console beta.

Maybe FPS aren't for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Look who your replying to and that alone explains a lot....
    Nice indirect jab there. Very, very mature of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it seems like engram hoarding will no longer be a thing like it was in D1. The light level of the engram will now be determined at the time it dropped, not when you decrypt it. So no more hoarding exotic engrams until the next DLC drops in order to try and get a jumpstart on increasing your light level.

As several others have pointed out, there was nothing difficult about that portion of the mission. The objectives are even clearly identified for you. And to top it all off, that part of the mission was made EVEN EASIER than it was in the console beta.

Maybe FPS aren't for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice indirect jab there. Very, very mature of you.
    And yet your reply's including this one proved my point, Thanks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Live action trailer was released today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And yet your reply's including this one proved my point, Thanks.
    And what worthless and asinine point would that be this time? Something where you do a complete 180 after saying or doing something else? Or you bitching about Destiny DLC yet again?

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see they're not releasing the raid until a week after launch. Gives people plenty of time to get geared up enough to try it (instead of just allowing the no lifers and twitch streamers the only real shot at it when it goes live).

Also, the leaked subclass perks for the Nightstalker, Sunbreaker, and Stormcaller all look nice. The Nightstalker subclass may just get me to use my third slot on a Hunter. Probably not, but maybe.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-01 at 05:00 AM.

You're literally the only person I've seen talk about this so far. Did you try reinstalling the Beta?
    Yes. I tried anything, then searched on the internet for similar issue and i found an article dated mid-July (which is afaik the date of the console beta?) that explained in detail the exact issue i had - meaning i wasn't the only one and that the issue was already known more than a month ago.

Basically some users when reached plaza and done the 3 waves hadn't the subsequent event/cutscene to spawn and the game just crashes/resets the progress, doesn't matter what you do. Only workaround was the PPPoE setting on the router which i cannot change (blargh italian ISPs) so i was basically stuck.

Pretty much gamebreaking, though initial impressions are very positive. Anyway hope this gets fixed otherwise i literally cannot play the game.

EDIT: here's one of the links i found, see the date and my issue is point 10
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Pos...?sort=0&page=0

or this one on reddit, again first point and again 1 month ago in the console beta
    https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/co...ch_megathread/
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-09-01 at 06:34 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes. I tried anything, then searched on the internet for similar issue and i found an article dated mid-July (which is afaik the date of the console beta?) that explained in detail the exact issue i had - meaning i wasn't the only one and that the issue was already known more than a month ago.

Basically some users when reached plaza and done the 3 waves hadn't the subsequent event/cutscene to spawn and the game just crashes/resets the progress, doesn't matter what you do. Only workaround was the PPPoE setting on the router which i cannot change (blargh italian ISPs) so i was basically stuck.

Pretty much gamebreaking, though initial impressions are very positive. Anyway hope this gets fixed otherwise i literally cannot play the game.

EDIT: here's one of the links i found, see the date and my issue is point 10
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Pos...?sort=0&page=0

or this one on reddit, again first point and again 1 month ago in the console beta
    https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/co...ch_megathread/
    Interesting.

It must not be very widespread though, because once again, this is the first time I've ever heard of it happening. And I stay pretty up to date on the Destiny subreddit.

Interesting.

It must not be very widespread though, because once again, this is the first time I've ever heard of it happening. And I stay pretty up to date on the Destiny subreddit.
    Well, i was unlucky then - but yeah it's a pretty harsh bug because you're literally unable to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, i was unlucky then - but yeah it's a pretty harsh bug because you're literally unable to play.
    Yeah, that really sucks. Hope they fix it soon so you can play.

Yeah, that really sucks. Hope they fix it soon so you can play.
    Yep. I'm lucky i'm playing on PC so i can wait till 24th(?) October before release and also read console reviews, but i really hope this gets fixed at top priority otherwise you will have people buying the game and completely unable to play it.

EDIT: i was already thinking to get the game + expansion pass so i get the for less money beforehand. IF i play the game, even if i get away after a while, i know already i would come back to try the expansion packs.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-09-01 at 07:57 AM.

Well, the PC beta was fun.
    Was afraid that it would be a poor console clone but it played well and felt great.

Exited for the release.

I don't get why people have problems with DLC. It's not like all games priced at $60 are supposed to have a set amount of content. As usual, pay what you think is fair and if you don't like the price/value, don't buy it...
    At this point it seems the main driving reason reason games still launch at the $60 price point after more than a decade is because of DLC being used to help break up the increased development costs and inflation. Other game devs have also been upfront about holding back launch content for DLC. Destiny is far from unique and unfortunately has generally become acceptable as far as the general market is concerned. Having content that is ready is usually an indicator that the content devs are ahead of schedule and personally preferable to the devs having enough content ready for launch which Destiny was criticized for.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-09-01 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the new players wondering about PvE, Google "vault of glass" and check the videos.