Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    dude, you just became lazy and can't be bothered to look. one good look at the map and i knew which ways to take. i had 0 problems with any paths on argus. i did fall once while jumping over something, laughed it off and came back. it's not the game, it's you. so far i very much like atmosphere, music, story. if you don't, play something else, you're clearly not cut for this anymore. flying would ruin the patch so bad, and if you're not aware of that, i'm really not surprised that you're not aware of a simple argus map.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    1.They always leave out flying so that you can enjoy the scenery
    They leave it out so it takes you longer to move around and complete quests etc.

Deleted
    This might be controversial but honestly, I feel like the WoW community is a bit spoiled when it comes to convenience. I for one appreciate the fact that I can't just autorun / fly over wherever I am heading. I like when the journey is part of it , as opposed to landing on a pack of mobs popping CD's mid-air to then remount and head off again.

It does get annoying sometimes when it feels time consuming and tedious to traverse spiky terrain, but I do feel like the non-flying thing is justified since Argus is quite small and there are teleportation options all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I get what you're saying but that doesn't make it more fun to play. Game play over realistic design any day.

On a side note, we're actually planing to go see the Grand Canyon next year. Looking forward to it. That place is not riddled with demons though... I hope.
    Take plenty of water.

Personally I prefer realism, to the point that the space ships have killed my interest in this game outside of the fact its free to play. It was bad enough in TBC but I did my best to ignore it. They used portals to summon everyone everywhere in WC1-Vanilla WoW, it was pretty much the entire point of WC2 expac and WC3 because they either wanted to move to another planet or summon demons and nekminnit everyone just buzzing in on they magic crystal rocks and now we use our crystal laser cannon of light which probably shouldn't even function because X'era is dead but you know, whatever mate.

I get annoyed when you have to spend forever navigating canyons and mountains as well, but life is about challenge and if you really think your time is too precious to spend running around a fictional universe than perhaps you should just stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Something that seems impossible to grasp by mega fanboys. When you pay for something and you get a shit quality product in return its natural to complain if you have at least half a brain.
    Some people here would defend even a pile of turds just because it has a blizz logo attached to it.
    and you do nothing but complain. about everything from the looks of your post history. You must live a sad and miserable life with no friends, at a job where you are the most hated person, so you cant stand the fact that people can enjoy something you dont

seems like you need to make some changes in your life. personally, i think it would be best if you stopped playing the forum game and focused on improving yourself as a human being
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Take plenty of water.

Personally I prefer realism, to the point that the space ships have killed my interest in this game outside of the fact its free to play. It was bad enough in TBC but I did my best to ignore it. They used portals to summon everyone everywhere in WC1-Vanilla WoW, it was pretty much the entire point of WC2 expac and WC3 because they either wanted to move to another planet or summon demons and nekminnit everyone just buzzing in on they magic crystal rocks and now we use our crystal laser cannon of light which probably shouldn't even function because X'era is dead but you know, whatever mate.

I get annoyed when you have to spend forever navigating canyons and mountains as well, but life is about challenge and if you really think your time is too precious to spend running around a fictional universe than perhaps you should just stop doing it.
    My pale scandinavian skin might actually melt the second I set my foot at the Phoenix airport.

WoW was never about realism though, was it?
    But yes, not play might be the only option. Raiding has always been the reason I played WoW so I'm still hoping I'll be able to do that without touching Argus.
    We'll see though.

a reply to post like that makes me wonder if you speak from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    and you do nothing but complain. about everything from the looks of your post history. You must live a sad and miserable life with no friends, at a job where you are the most hated person, so you cant stand the fact that people can enjoy something you dont

seems like you need to make some changes in your life. personally, i think it would be best if you stopped playing the forum game and focused on improving yourself as a human being

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    You must live a sad and miserable life with no
    Damn you got me. Typical fanboy response, going for personal insults when you have no arguments. The question is why are YOU lurking the forums? Shouldn't you be busy gargling blizzard's ingame crap?

Deleted
    Seeing Argus as a patch makes me realise that this would never have worked as a full expansion. Glad they didn't go for that.

And I really hope the next expansion theme will be less depressing aesthetic-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    My pale scandinavian skin might actually melt the second I set my foot a the Phoenix airport.

WoW was never about realism though, was it?
    But yes, not play might be the only option. Raiding has always been the reason I played WoW so I'm still hoping I'll be able to do that without touching Argus.
    We'll see though.
    I mean, its pretty much meant to be realistic reflection of the warcraft universe when it was initially designed outside of the few things caused magic It has gravity, it has flora and fauna. You die if you take too much damage. Fire burns. If your argument is "these mountains are too rugged, its just not fun" than you're playing the wrong game. I don't like driving trucks, so I don't play EuroTruck Simulator.

Deleted
    If you want to get a bit of a grasp of what it would be like to deal with chasms, gorges and the like you should take a horse to the Grand Canyon, or an equivalent in your own country if its not the US, and than just and get the horse to run up and down it from one side to another. You can even try mounting your gryphon and getting it to carry you around in there to give you a bit of perspective. Exploded surfaces aren't designed for manoeuvrability. Its just not what happens.
    Why would the Legion make their home turf so hard to travel? For the time being, they have been the aggressors.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, its pretty much meant to be realistic reflection of the warcraft universe when it was initially designed outside of the few things caused magic It has gravity, it has flora and fauna. You die if you take too much damage. Fire burns. If your argument is "these mountains are too rugged, its just not fun" than you're playing the wrong game. I don't like driving trucks, so I don't play EuroTruck Simulator.
    I still wonder why the Outland in TBC - also a broken / exploded world - was so much easier to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Seeing Argus as a patch makes me realise that this would never have worked as a full expansion. Glad they didn't go for that.

And I really hope the next expansion theme will be less depressing aesthetic-wise.
    I couldn't hate this patch more than I do, I stopped mid questing and when and sat next to my wife and laughed about badly they botched this up. An entire legion world and the best we get is an emotionally dead quest line, generic heroes to follow and dailies. Took us 1 hour to achieve what the legion hasn't been able to do to us in an eternity of lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Why would the Legion make their home turf so hard to travel? For the time being, they have been the aggressors.

- - - Updated - - -

I still wonder why the Outland in TBC - also a broken / exploded world - was so much easier to travel.
    I don't think an exploded planet has "good views, nice walking trails" in its design purposes. By definition, it has no design, its exploded outwards and you are scrabbling around in the crater.

As for TBC, its a result of technological limitations. I would happily bet everything I own that if they were given the opportunity to redo Draenor (Which they literally did), they would make it much more rugged (Which they literally did). It has some more open areas for sure, but its also probably 10x the size of the zones we have to work with in Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Damn you got me. Typical fanboy response, going for personal insults when you have no arguments. The question is why are YOU lurking the forums? Shouldn't you be busy gargling blizzard's ingame crap?
    dude, he has no problems, he's paying for and enjoying the product. you're paying for a product which you don't enjoy. you have a problem. deal with it. stop blaming the world for your shortcomings. take responsibility. people enjoy argus. if you don't, you don't have to play it. i really don't understand the logic behind your behavior. and i truly laugh when people who can't even figure out that they don't have to play the game, call for arguments. if you need arguments to figure that basic logic out, most people won't bother discussing stuff with you, but they may very well have fun with you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    Argus isnt the issue. the issue is you have been playing wow for so long that you are getting bored with it. take a break from wow or unsub.. The game is fine
    So... if you, like me, enjoyed ALL of the content in legion so far, and now think Argus is pure shit, I am wrong? Are all of us who hate Argus wrong and you are right??

Listen up snowflake, opinion is opinion. Dont tell me what to like and dont like. If you are blind of any form of constructive criticism towards your "precious" game, and just say "unsub", you have nothing to do in a discussion.

"Its hard arguing with smart people, but impossible to argue with stupid people"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

I'd bet it will be some South Seas stuff so tropical vacation setting inc. After 3 years of the same lazy copypasted black/green textures it will be a much needed breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    So... if you, like me, enjoyed ALL of the content in legion so far, and now think Argus is pure shit, I am wrong? Are all of us who hate Argus wrong and you are right??

Listen up snowflake, opinion is opinion. Dont tell me what to like and dont like. If you are blind of any form of constructive criticism towards your "precious" game, and just say "unsub", you have nothing to do in a discussion.

"Its hard arguing with smart people, but impossible to argue with stupid people"
    That's a terrible quote because everyone believes it applies to everyone else and not themselves.

Deleted
    Tbh I dont mind argus as a place but I also a bit sick of al dark green sad places.

I miss Nagrand and barrens / westfall. Open areas with grass and sun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    dude, he has no problems, he's paying for and enjoying the product. you're paying for a product which you don't enjoy. you have a problem. deal with it. stop blaming the world for your shortcomings. take responsibility. people enjoy argus. if you don't, you don't have to play it. i really don't understand the logic behind your behavior. and i truly laugh when people who can't even figure out that they don't have to play the game, call for arguments. if you need arguments to figure that basic logic out, most people won't bother discussing stuff with you, but they may very well have fun with you
    Its ok if you can't understand basic things. On the other hand I understand your behavior. When you are a fanboy logic is something thrown out the window. You stuck yourself in your tiny box of "everything is fine" and get triggered by reading opposite opinions. Its as if someone is trying to attack your child, you must defend it all cost.

@Potentio:

I can relate. But your problem is that you chose to play a class without STEALTH!

Allow me to introduce you to the Feral Druid. We have:
    - Superior movement speed. With the right race (Night Elf), the right trinket (from our Class Hall) and the right legendary (chest), we get really close to 200%. Even without all those, we move with 150% - in stealth! So, we move slower than mounted, but we bypass all the trash, resulting in faster completion times for WQ.

- Superior AoE damage. With the latest changes to our talents, Feral now has front loaded AoE damage like a BOSS! I can easily destroy 8-10 x elites with 3-4 mil hp as Feral.

- And last but not least: Ferals look good! Dashing around in different skins has never looked as good as it does as now. You should try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Irony thy name is ForrestAnthony.

You told the OP to stop crying and take a break and then proceeded to say you didn't like something. Self awareness be damned.
    Rofl are you serious man? I simply stated something that I look forward to being changed. God forbid I have a singular pet peeve with the game that I still enjoy. Bravo Mush, your intelligence transcends us all once again.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010