Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    Since there are now multiply difficulties of each content, do you really get motivation to run the most difficult content just for the extra ilvl? And who really cares? Back when there was only 1 raid difficulty, the reward was to see the content, to reach the X Boss, to get an item from them that no one else got (as a skin). Running in T6 was meant something, it wasnt just the extra ilvl.

So now, if you dont do mythic raid just to have fun with your friends / guild and you do it for the ilvl then you are doing it wrong. There is no Prestige anymore and ilvl will never replace that.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    The difference is, legit hardcore mythic players don't give a shit about what other people get. This game isn't about gear, it's about killing bosses. Worry more about yourself and you'll be alright

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, we just did a Mythic+0 and a guy got the Chrono Shard titanforged to 930. Great, isn't it?
    You should change your signature to #TeamCryLikeABitch
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    The difference is, legit hardcore mythic players don't give a shit about what other people get. This game isn't about gear, it's about killing bosses. Worry more about yourself and you'll be alright
    This game is all about gear and it has been this since uhm... at least Cataclysm but it became worse with MoP, WoD and now Legion. It's never been worse than now: get your BiS titanforged + get your best legendaries.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I guess I really dodged a bullet by raiding mythic for the fun and the challenge rather than to watch my ilvl go up. Phew. Close one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

How does any of this affect you? instead of bitching about people getting loot easier worry about you.

Deleted

Why is this a concern? I thought you people raided because Mythic was fun or something?

- - - Updated - - -

You should change your signature to #TeamCryLikeABitch
    Az is my dad <3

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Method isn't the only guild in the world, wow progress lists 1800 people over 940, 5800 over 938, 9600 over 937
    when I give you the top end game raiders in the game and they don't have over 935 equipped it means that the bar is set at that!

The difference is, legit hardcore mythic players don't give a shit about what other people get.
    Tbh the main thing 'legit hardcore mythic players' that have remained in this game seem to care about is the $$$ they get for boosting like no tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

It's almost like this doesn't happen with every patch
    ~~Calm Down~~

You should likely start a third thread yourself on this very same subject.. that'll get em.

Most people don't raid or do mythic dungeons.

Mythic raiders get the best looking tier sets. If they are raiding just for ilvl, I think they are doing it for the wrong reasons, as ilvl vanishes within months lately...gear grind is real. Those tmogs look awesome. Also, special mythic only mounts...

Also the thing the OP didn't talk about is the RNG. So I do my weekly for a chest and it has been about 6 months since something dropped that I could actually use. Even if it was a 20ilvl increase, the worst stats possible...or a piece of loot that was the same slot as my BiS lego...so vendor trash.

I think we will be fine with "free loot" considering RNG makes most loot garbage anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    930 is NORMAL antorus, in 3 weeks, the raider people will laugh it off when they get 950-985 warforged/titanforges, and itemlevel 1000 legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Except most serious mythic raider are beyond 935 now (hello titanforging). The cap is 955, and as time goes on more people will get past 940+

The last hotfixes nerfed Mistress again too.
    It's 11 weeks before antoeus releases.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It's 11 weeks before antoeus releases.
    Oops, guess I meant to type 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    For the challenge and achievement of getting the hardest content in the game done? Gear is primarely a tool to get stuff done, and should not be the primary goal itself (at best a secondary goal to get ready for the next set of challenges).
    That sounds good, but not true in practice. Would you spend time in M+ dungeons or World Quests if that kind of legion content did not provide the possibility of high ilvl loot and purely for the challenge? If not then you just contradicted yourself. Because what you said should apply to ALL content in WOW not just raiding. By that logic everybody playing WOW should be doing all the content in the game just for challenge and not just for loot, which we know is not how it works.

Again, I believe Blizzard added these gimmicks because that was the only way to keep people interested in the content of legion. So all those folks arguing that they do content just for the sake of doing content are flat out not making any sense.

To be clear, my preference is fixed loot tables as a "fixed reward" that can be aspired to by doing content without random modifiers and affixes and procs. I never liked the change to loot tables where drops had random secondary stats and then as time went on random chances for higher ilvl. All of which started before legion but now with legion is taken to an even more extreme degree. Enhancements of gear should come from crafting, like enchants or gems and if items do have chances to for enhancements it should be for having extra gem slots possibly. If Blizzard wants to keep folks engaged longer they should make the content harder. Because for many an expansion, I barely even completed the leveling content not to mention any significant raiding, which is my definition of a casual. But every since WOD leveling is easier than ever and raiding trivial. So the difficulty of the content is not there to keep people engaged.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-09-01 at 12:16 PM.

You must be new around here and don't remember sunwell patch. Don't be so shocked, it's OK. World is NOT going under.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    For the challenge and achievement of getting the hardest content in the game done? Gear is primarely a tool to get stuff done, and should not be the primary goal itself (at best a secondary goal to get ready for the next set of challenges).
    Ah the good old "we do it for the challenge not the purps" line.

If mythic raids gave no loot not a single person would set foot in it.

How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    It's a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    That sounds good, but not true in practice. Would you spend time in M+ dungeons or World Quests if that kind of legion content did not provide the possibility of high ilvl loot and purely for the challenge? If not then you just contradicted yourself. Because what you said should apply to ALL content in WOW not just raiding. By that logic everybody playing WOW should be doing all the content in the game just for challenge and not just for loot, which we know is not how it works.
    Well there are ppl that play for gear, dont get me wrong about that and there always will be, i just don't think thats the right mindset, gear should feel like a secondary reward (when progressing, where the progress kills should be the actual reward) and then ofc you farm to be ready for the next set of content coming. But theres also quite a large group for who gear is not the main driver to play the game. Also remember that i don't mean that pppl should not do content just to get gear, as that is definately needed in some cases as its always best to have the best tools available to get the job done. Only that gear should be seen as a tool to get the hardest stuff in game done (that you want to do) and then when you have done that, to prepare yourself for the next set of challenges.

To answer your question, yeah i've done for example depleted keys to get my M+ 15 Achievement done, WQ's not so much though, can't remember when i did a WQ for the gear unless i needed it for something else (rep or emissary or something along those lines), then again WQ's never have been a challenge, just something to prepare you for actual challenging content and resources.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-09-01 at 09:16 PM.

Oh boo hoo, Blizzard's philosophy that mythic raiding isn't the only legitimate form of endgame content anymore is still persisting.

Suck it up buttercup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Ah the good old "we do it for the challenge not the purps" line.

If mythic raids gave no loot not a single person would set foot in it.
    I'd like to see your evidence of this claim.