Poll: Flying next xpac, what do you want?

Thread: Flying in 8.0

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If anyone thinks the average player is sitting on >100k your point of view is skewed.

People are lazy AF and spend their gold poorly, just like in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If you're not into making money 500k is a massive amount of gold. If you're into trading and making gold it's not that much though. I still think that 99% of the playerbase has less than 500k.
    Rethinking it, perhaps maybe 100K? 5K is way too low, 500K might be too high for some. As I said, I felt like I really, REALLY didn't take advantage of the gold grab of WoD and Legion, yet still managed to build up nearly 2 million. 100K would seem reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Rethinking it, perhaps maybe 100K? 5K is way too low, 500K might be too high for some. As I said, I felt like I really, REALLY didn't take advantage of the gold grab of WoD and Legion, yet still managed to build up nearly 2 million. 100K would seem reasonable.
    Probably like 20k if it's per character.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you give people flying but make it stupid expensive people WILL riot.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, I'd say anything between 50k-100k is fine. Missions are giving you 2-2.3k of gold and you can do 3-4 or even more per week. So something between 50k-100k would work.

I made 1.5 million or something like that in Legion as well. Farming herbs, ore, selling Obliterum and so on - but I did work for it. I see players with no gathering professions struggle to reach those amounts of gold.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Probably like 20k if it's per character.
    Probably 10 if per character, was feeling more like 100K for account wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    If anyone thinks the average player is sitting on >100k your point of view is skewed.

People are lazy AF and spend their gold poorly, just like in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    None of this matters. We'll get more bullshit from Ion or whoever runs 8.0 about 'the team liked how it worked in Legion' as if the team takes a vote.

Personally, I'd like it if we had a relevant quest line that I could complete no later than the drop of the .1 patch. Pathfinder as is is lazy bullshit (none of the steps have anything to do with flying in the world).
    QFT
    /thread
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    I am OK with pathfinder if the strip it down to exploration and loremaster, and don't gate loremaster behind a reputation wall and release of raids, and release it immediately after launch. Probably OK to have some kind of max level quest requirement on top, but if the pull another suramar loremaster thingy, then a max level loremaster achievement is more than enough to postpone flying after reaching max level.

I am not okay with waiting for a second part for more than half a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It hasn't historically been this way.

TBC - Flying at max level for gold and allows the initial flight (So doesn't count for our data)

Wrath - Unlocked at 78 for gold
    Cata - Unlocked at the start for gold
    MoP - Unlocked at max level for gold
    WoD - Unlocked via Pathfinder in final patch
    Legion - Unlocked in 2nd major patch via Pathfinder Part 2

There is nothing there that says "History paying for gold at level cap". If anything the one with the most historic data and consistent is Pathfinder.

Pathfinder is account wide. Special Perk in WoD was a mount. Special Perk in Legion was boosted mount speed in Part 1.

Achievement is enough so you do the content once. If you can't be bothered to do the content then you don't need to pay 5,000-10,000 gold per character. To balance out the time/effort make it at least 100,000 per toon or suck it up and do the questing.

Because doing the storyline and exploring / getting to know everything is such a hassle. Thing is you don't have to do it.

Why do anti flying people have blatantly lie to try and argue statistics

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Why do anti flying people have blatantly lie to try and argue statistics
    Hahaha, whoever said I'm anti-flying. I guess anyone who remotely says something you don't like is automatically anti-flying and out to get you.

What did I lie about? I didn't use any statistics at all. The only thing I mentioned is when you got flight in expansion and if that's somehow a lie then man Blizzard must be some big jokers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, whoever said I'm anti-flying. I guess anyone who remotely says something you don't like is automatically anti-flying and out to get you.

What did I lie about? I didn't use any statistics at all. The only thing I mentioned is when you got flight in expansion and if that's somehow a lie then man Blizzard must be some big jokers.
    Because you listed 5 time we've gotten flight, then said this about pathfinder ("If anything the one with the most historic data and consistent is Pathfinder.) which has happened... 2x. Think about that. Gold has happened 3x, pathfinder twice and... Go ahead. I'll wait.

Because you listed 5 time we've gotten flight, then said this about pathfinder ("If anything the one with the most historic data and consistent is Pathfinder.) which has happened... 2x. Think about that. Gold has happened 3x, pathfinder twice and... Go ahead. I'll wait.
    Let's see. In the data I said we can't count TBC as it was the initial version of flight and the initial speed of any mount you always pay for gold first.

Gold purchases at max level:

• Mists of Pandaria

Gold purchases at starting level:

• Cataclysm

Gold purchases mid-leveling:
    • Wrath of the Lich King

Pathfinder achievement:
    • Warlords of Draenor
    • Legion

Again, the most consistent (this being the key word), is pathfinder. Sure there were a couple of gold methods, but guess what none of it historically matches the other expansion NOR is it consistent. Which was what we were talking about. It was a matter of "Hur dur I got it for gold 3 times". The term used was historically accurate data which this isn't. I'm 100% sure people would be quick to throw out gold as being accurate data if they made it so you can't fly at all during the current expansion and then at the start of the next expansion you can buy flying for the previous expansion in gold.

You can't take what someone says warp it around to what you believe is being said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see. In the data I said we can't count TBC as it was the initial version of flight and the initial speed of any mount you always pay for gold first.

Gold purchases at max level:

• Mists of Pandaria

Gold purchases at starting level:

• Cataclysm

Gold purchases mid-leveling:
    • Wrath of the Lich King

Pathfinder achievement:
    • Warlords of Draenor
    • Legion

Again, the most consistent (this being the key word), is pathfinder. Sure there were a couple of gold methods, but guess what none of it historically matches the other expansion NOR is it consistent. Which was what we were talking about. It was a matter of "Hur dur I got it for gold 3 times". The term used was historically accurate data which this isn't. I'm 100% sure people would be quick to throw out gold as being accurate data if they made it so you can't fly at all during the current expansion and then at the start of the next expansion you can buy flying for the previous expansion in gold.

You can't take what someone says warp it around to what you believe is being said.
    So I can't hold you to reality but you can choose to just hand-wave TBC away and pretend 2/6 is 'most consistent'. Right. Except, well, it's not. Being able to get flight 1) at or near max level without any achievements and 2) for gold worked for 7.5 years. And yes, I'm counting TBC because I'm not intellectually dishonest.

So I can't hold you to reality but you can choose to just hand-wave TBC away and pretend 2/6 is 'most consistent'. Right. Except, well, it's not. Being able to get flight 1) at or near max level without any achievements and 2) for gold worked for 7.5 years. And yes, I'm counting TBC because I'm not intellectually dishonest.
    If you count TBC, then you might as well count all the flight and ground speed upgrades with gold too. It's not hand wave TBC as it is removing the "Base Requirements" to obtain any mode of travel. There's a difference between the two. You didn't purchase flying in TBC you purchased the ability to travel at a faster speed which happened to also include flight for free. This has nothing to do with being intellectually dishonest (which at this point you are trying to use to prove some obscure point)

So that puts it at 2/5. Sure it isn't a majority, but when you have:

1/5 Gold at max level
    1/5 Gold a starting level
    1/5 gold at mid-level
    2/5 Pathfinder

The numbers show which is more consistent. Sure it shows you bought several for gold versus pathfinder, but nothing is consistent about the gold either. Again "I'm 100% sure people would be quick to throw out gold as being accurate data if they made it so you can't fly at all during the current expansion and then at the start of the next expansion you can buy flying for the previous expansion in gold." Would you be so willing to include gold in your data then?

I'm okay with pathfinder as long as you can achieve it in 8.0.x and don't need to wait until 8.1 or 8.2.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5K? Is it TBC or something? Nowadays 5K is 2 missions 2/ bonus loot.

Price should be almost prohibitive, flying is a convenience, it's actually too convenient. I'd go w/ 100k per char, may be even more, I dunno how much money we'll be getting passively in 8.0 T_T

Personally tough, I chose "Pathfinder that allows flying halfway through xpac", it's a good compromise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol...buy flying for 5k g... 5k g is nothing these days. I can literally make that while sleeping (via follower missions).

I think Blizz is done with the boring "buy this cold weather flying ability for 5k g" thing. I'm sure Pathfinding will be the only way of unlocking flying from now on. The pathfinding MAY also include a gold price to get, but it won't just be gold, they want to make sure you've explored all the area and done enough quests before they let you skip all of the content with a flying mount.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

A large amount of people didn't like flying anymore. MMO-C polls indicated the majority. Blizz can design a better game without flying. So Blizzard listened to the fans and removed it.

Them even enabling it again later is a fine compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm okay with pathfinder as long as you can achieve it in 8.0.x and don't need to wait until 8.1 or 8.2.
    Are you also going to be ok with a similar unlock for flight each time new content is released? "8.1 Pathfinder", "8.2 Pathfinder", etc, etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    A large amount of people didn't like flying anymore.
    And you base this info on, what, exactly?

I think it's more fair to say that a large amount of people didn't think No-flying was enough of a deal-breaker to disconnect their investment in WoW. And make no mistake: WoW is a game which people are HEAVILY invested in. They're much more willing to accept bullshit and nonsense from it than any other game I can think of besides maybe the Call-of-Duty games.

This seems more like a case of "silence will be taken as approval" than anything else. Also...basing any argument on an MMO-champ poll is shaky ground at best.