Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just to reiterate my point about people being told to just unsub because of not liking one or two things, just look at the page your above post is on (I have 40 replies per page so they might be next page for you) and the replies thereafter :S

These were all posted right after each other. It's absolutely pathetic. "Oh, you don't like this thing? Better git gud or unsub!11!!"
    It is pathetic that the majority of even the mmo-champion community, who is usually negative overall, thinks that 7.3 is fine and that the OP is whining needlessly? Like dang, what does he expect blizz to do by making this cry post on mmo-champ? To go and work 24/7 so that we can have unlimited content for tons and tons of months. Not to mention that the OP is exaggarating. 3 years of Fel? Where the fuck was Fel exactly during legion launch all the way to 7.2? All we had were Emerald Nightmare/Vrykul/Suramar/Highmountain/Azsuna aesthetics. There was almost no Fel. And well, I don't remember seeing anyone saying 'OH WOTLK WAS FULL OF BLUE, I AM TIRED OF ICE!!! QQ'

Another general complaint I've seen from people is that there is only one hour of questing or something. Tell me, for fucks sake, which fucking patch had MORE than that? Seriously, I can't remember ANY patch that had 5 hours of questing content or some shit at its launch. Instead it was opening progressively, through daily quests timegating. Even back in Wotlk, with argent tournament, but I guess people can't remember that shit from back then. They have put some super glue on their rose tinted glasses and won't let go of them.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    At the OP - 99% of the people agree with you. Dont mind the flamers - fanbois gotta fanboi...
    Your hyperbole makes you look ignorant here. Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly guys i play a demon hunter and I don't have any issues at all with the landscape

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You should use WONDERFUL brain before posting such dumb comments.
    Mines working just fine. I don't have trouble navigating terrain in a video game. I don't let the game out smart me unlike many of the people on this forum. That leads me to conclude that most people lack basic problem solving skills and general intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    Mines working just fine. I don't have trouble navigating terrain in a video game. I don't let the game out smart me unlike many of the people on this forum. That leads me to conclude that most people lack basic problem solving skills and general intelligence.
    Whats does this even mean?

Deleted
    From official WoW forums:

"If the content is garbage, people will complain.

Here's the thing, bud - the community actually has a pretty low threshold (at least initially) for satisfaction. Remember how people were falling over themselves to praise WoD when it launched? It was a friggin' love-in on the forums. And we all know that they were wrong.

So where was that reaction for Argus? Where was the honeymoon? It didn't happen. Because the content is such utter crap that people instantly saw it for what it is.

But, hey, white knight it up, man. Blizzard is definitely keeping score. Some day, surely, you'll be rewarded for your service to the throne."

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    From official WoW forums:

"If the content is garbage, people will complain.

Here's the thing, bud - the community actually has a pretty low threshold (at least initially) for satisfaction. Remember how people were falling over themselves to praise WoD when it launched? It was a friggin' love-in on the forums. And we all know that they were wrong.

So where was that reaction for Argus? Where was the honeymoon? It didn't happen. Because the content is such utter crap that people instantly saw it for what it is.

But, hey, white knight it up, man. Blizzard is definitely keeping score. Some day, surely, you'll be rewarded for your service to the throne."
    Can you provide a source to it please? A link preferably.

So people that enjoy the content are just "white knights"?

Bit of a silly argument to make. I mean you are entitled to your opinion but as I said a bit silly to call people "white knights" because they don't agree with your opinion that the content is bad.

Argus is a dangerous, risky and corrupted zone. Ergo, there are so many mobs, the terrain looks damaged and green, and, beyond that, will be all dark and shadowy cos lore, you know.
    but, i am impresed with the lack of details in map and with the quest issue that OP mentioned.
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Deleted
    there is very very little to do at the moment, me and a friend managed to complete all the world quests in the last two days and kill all the world bosses who where up and who popped up within 2-3 hours. It's disturbing how little there is to do right now.

there is very very little to do at the moment, me and a friend managed to complete all the world quests in the last two days and kill all the world bosses who where up and who popped up within 2-3 hours. It's disturbing how little there is to do right now.
    And yet you will still throw a monthly sub at them for how "disturbing" the game is.

Great logic there.

And no I don't think you enjoy the game since you literally just called anyone who disagreed with your opinion a "white knight".

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Lol, perfect example. VVV
    I'm unsure how my post is the perfect example of an intolerable community. I think those of us who focus on simple enjoyment of the game are sick and tired of petulant children stomping their feet in ridiculous forums posts because they aren't getting what they want. They don't understand how to speak with their wallets. They don't understand that Blizzard doesn't care that they're not having fun. They've designed the game to be their incarnation of what they think is fun, and if you don't enjoy it the simplest thing to do is not play.

I understand that people have issues with losing the 'investments' they've made in WoW - friendship investments, monetary investments for in-game services (transfers and the such) or game-time, the physical time you've invested with play time, etc. But at some point, when a game stops being fun and becomes more of a chore, you need to stop playing it. You need to stop making stupid posts on websites where the community is full of rabid fans and toxic haters. You just need to grow up and move on.

But hey, interpret what you want from my post. The inconsequentiality of this thread and the entire argument is moot for Blizzard's bottom line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Then unsub
    This. /10chars
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And yet you will still throw a monthly sub at them for how "disturbing" the game is.

Great logic there.

And no I don't think you enjoy the game since you literally just called anyone who disagreed with your opinion a "white knight".

So I guess you only play 2-3 hours a day? WoW used to not be that way, that you ran out of content so fast and you really started to wonder: what now? It was not that way at all.. I completed all of the available Argus content bar the mission table quests [and is that really content?] at a normal pace and other than world quests there's nothing else to do on Argus. It's supposed to be an invasion yet I don't feel like it is at all. We invade only to narrative-wise get pointed out that "This is enough now, let's just wait another five days while we're getting assaulted by demons everywhere!" Where the hell is the reason in LORE for this? Because surely having the zone as it is is because of lore, right? So how do you justify that BS timegating with lore?

Anyway, if people complete content too quickly that's on them! There can't be an infinite supply of content and I understand that. But gating world content like this is nothing but an arbitrary and annoying hindrance that only serves to break immersion in the game. I want to be overwhelmed on patch day, not just get my 1-2hour long railroad experience.

Tell me, if they released all of it at once, could those people who wanted to progress at a slower pace still do it? How about if they continue with this timegating - could those people who wanted to complete it all at once do it or not? Why not go for the option that provides freedom for both while not breaking immersion in the game?

And, also, which option is more profitable for Blizzard, what do you think? Now if you think about it, do not mix content pacing with spoonfeeding and cash milking.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-09-01 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    This. /10chars
    Watch out mate.

People will jump on you for telling the OP to unsub from a game they are clearly displeased with!

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess you only play 2-3 hours a day? WoW used to not be that way, that you ran out of content so fast and you really started to wonder: what now? It was not that way at all.. I completed all of the available Argus content bar the mission table quests [and is that really content?] at a normal pace and other than world quests there's nothing else to do on Argus. It's supposed to be an invasion yet I don't feel like it is at all. We invade only to narrative-wise get pointed out that "This is enough now, let's just wait another five days while we're getting assaulted by demons everywhere!"

If people complete content too quickly that's on them. There can't be an infinite supply of content and I understand that. But gating world content like this is nothing but an arbitrary and annoying hindrance that only serves to break immersion in the game.
    It's literally 2 weeks of gating. WoW has been doing some form of gating each expansion. You knew that it would be gated way in advance. You could have just unsubbed until it was all available.

And I play a few hours a day at least. Maybe more if I just want to chill for the day. I don't just do Argus. I do old raids, pet battles, LFR, Normal, World Quests, PvP with my Hunter, Micro Holidays when they are up and god knows what else.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-01 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Then unsub
    That's what I did. No regrets. Would have been better just not to buy the expansion. I'll get that one right next time. World of mazecraft and jump puzzles isn't fun to me.

Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    100% agree. Hate Argus, but I need me them mounts!

No, people will only point out what an absolutely retarded comment it is to make. You also seem to not understand why.
    Not really.

You are unhappy with a game. Why force yourself to play it any further? Why create stress and tension?

I don't like Rift anymore. Why would I force myself to play it?

I don't like League of Legends anymore. Why would I force myself to play it?

Considering the amount of threads the OP has made that are just dumping on Legion they have made says to me that they are displeased with it. Why keep throwing money down the drain towards something you are displeased with?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-01 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

It's literally 2 weeks of gating. WoW has been doing some form of gating each expansion. You knew that it would be gated way in advance. You could have just unsubbed until it was all available.

And I play a few hours a day at least. Maybe more if I just want to chill for the day. I don't just do Argus. I do old raids, pet battles, LFR, Normal, World Quests, PvP with my Hunter, Micro Holidays when they are up and god knows what else.
    Yeah, but arbitrary and blatant In-your-face timegating is bad and lazy. Go and look how Molten Front, Isle of Quel´Danas and most importantly Isle of Thunder were made. They were timegated, yes, but in such a way that players had control over it and could either do it fast or slow.

Same could be said for how the Artifact Knowledge stacks up, arbitrarily every week. Just a small version of timegate right there to prevent you from getting too ahead of others if you happen to have more time to spare to progress your character. Nothing seems to matter anymore, everything is streamlined.

Come up with a better counter-argument, please. "Unsub" does not cut it because hate and love go hand in hand.

Yeah, but arbitrary and blatant In-your-face timegating is bad and lazy. Go and look how Molten Front, Isle of Quel´Danas and most importantly Isle of Thunder were made. They were timegated, yes, but in such a way that players had control over it and could either do it fast or slow.

Same could be said for how the Artifact Knowledge stacks up, arbitrarily every week. Just a small version of timegate right there to prevent you from getting too ahead of others if you happen to have more time to spare to progress your character. Nothing seems to matter anymore, everything is streamlined.

Come up with a better counter-argument, please. "Unsub" does not cut it because hate and love go hand in hand.
    And considering your recent threads it seems to be more balanced towards hate.

Also considering everyone is on AK 41 now nobody can get ahead of anyone. Everyone goes up at the same pace in terms of AK.

And so what? Timegating is timegating. It's been happening since Vanilla.

Again, this shows you don't understand. I'm not going to get into again, though. Have a nosy at my posts in this thread for my explanation.
    Yeah not gonna read you acting high and mighty to some posters because you don't like the cold hard truth. I will happily admit to Legions faults and I have done in other threads.

Simple fact is this. Considering the amount of threads OP has made related to shitting on Legion it says to me they are unhappy. So yes unsubbing and not throwing money down the drain monthly is a better option than forcing yourself to play a game that no longer satisfies you. It's an unhealthy attitude and just creates stress.

Again I keep checking on games I no longer play but why would I force myself to play them if I don't enjoy them? If anything I'd just end up getting stressed and frustrated with the game.

So I will repeat what I said at the start of this thread.

OP. Sounds like WoW is not for you anymore.

Of course you can't fly on Argus, that'd trivialize it entirely.
    Of course it all looks fel-corrupted and barren. IT'S ARGUS. The Legion has DESTROYED IT ENTIRELY.
    Did you expect lush jungles and beautiful seas when saw it in the cut-scene before 7.3?
    Of course the entire planet is an ocean of hostile enemies. IT'S ARGUS. It's the CORE of the Legion's operations!

I mean ... really, was anyone honestly expecting anything other than what Argus is?

My only contention so far is that some of the textures seem very barren.
    And I'm not going against what I said above. Of course it's gray rock but it just doesn't have the depth and quality it should.
    This has been something I've noticed becoming more frequently lately in WoW.
    "Lazy" texturing, and then they are further F'd by being stretched over wide surface areas, blurring them.