Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Then the faction of the Army of Light is pretty wasted then. They showed us them too late, long after they lost their importance and potential. Now they are but a small band of warriors no stronger then a band of slaves on argus.

I had expected so much more. I had expected the final showdown to be between 2 armies, the Legion and the Army of Light, where the champions would be the factor to make the Army of Light win. I like that many of the Army of Light are named awesome characters, but i still think they should have comed in full force to argus to actually wage a real final war.
    Well, it's said during the quests that each lightforged soldier is worth 10 normal ones, so they're not just your regular troopers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Well, it's said during the quests that each lightforged soldier is worth 10 normal ones, so they're not just your regular troopers.
    While it might make sense in a force-on-force situation, visually it is just a huge letdown. The lightforged dreanie looks awesome, but they don't look like a force deserving of the name of Army of Light... More like Band of Light or Squadron of Light. It is mostly that the name Army of Light hyped me for seeing a real army actually come after the Legion especially since we have not really seen an army on our side for a long time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    While it might make sense in a force-on-force situation, visually it is just a huge letdown. The lightforged dreanie looks awesome, but they don't look like a force deserving of the name of Army of Light... More like Band of Light or Squadron of Light. It is mostly that the name Army of Light hyped me for seeing a real army actually come after the Legion especially since we have not really seen an army on our side for a long time.
    Seeing how Turalyon describes their work, they're more like a Guerrilla of Light.
    I do agree that it's a let down, I used to imagine a world of the naaru, full of exodar/tempest-keep-like stuff, divided in equal parts of light and shadow.
    Oh well, I still like the story and that's our own fault for expecting stuff.

Seeing how Turalyon describes their work, they're more like a Guerrilla of Light.
    Light's Liberation Army

Considering that the army, even though we don't see them ingame, is composed of doomed races from across the cosmos they probably don't have the soldiers. The Legion threw millions of demons against the Aldrachi, so fighting head-on with a limited number isn't really an option even when a single Lightforged can take on ten or more demons. Which is far more realistic against such an overwhelming enemy, unlike the head-on assaults of Alliance and Horde.

Even if they filled that ship to the brim, the army would only max around a hundred people or so..... .
    They have more ships. Remember that Lothraxion and his soldiers arrived at the Netherlighttemple using another one. What we see on Argus is probably only a fraction of the army.

I personally believe, even though there isn't any source directly stating it, that the Army of the Light is still busy fighting the Legion across the cosmos, with a smaller force of draenei being dispatched to Argus probably to prepare a larger assault (this goes with Turalyon telling someone about the guerrilla tactics). Blizzard was simply not able to create unique and new races (it is only a content patch after all), but we do see that the Legion continues to invade many worlds across the universe (invasion points). So it's not hard to believe that other soldiers of the army are currently busy elsewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keydiam View Post
    Considering that the army, even though we don't see them ingame, is composed of doomed races from across the cosmos they probably don't have the soldiers. The Legion threw millions of demons against the Aldrachi, so fighting head-on with a limited number isn't really an option even when a single Lightforged can take on ten or more demons. Which is far more realistic against such an overwhelming enemy, unlike the head-on assaults of Alliance and Horde.

They have more ships. Remember that Lothraxion and his soldiers arrived at the Netherlighttemple using another one. What we see on Argus is probably only a fraction of the army.

I personally believe, even though there isn't any source directly stating it, that the Army of the Light is still busy fighting the Legion across the cosmos, with a smaller force of draenei being dispatched to Argus probably to prepare a larger assault (this goes with Turalyon telling someone about the guerrilla tactics). Blizzard was simply not able to create unique and new races (it is only a content patch after all), but we do see that the Legion continues to invade many worlds across the universe (invasion points). So it's not hard to believe that other soldiers of the army are currently busy elsewhere.
    Then why the fuck is the rest of the ships and the army not on Argus????? You might point out that there are other battles out in the cosmos, but the final battle is upon us and we need all the help we can get. If the Army of Light have alot more troops out there, then they are idiots. They nearly died when they arrived with their small force, so they really could need their united forces now.

It just does not make sense, that the Army of Light would not bring their full force to Argus and the "there are other battles out there to be fought" excuse is just not plausible in my eyes, especially since when we go into invasion points, we are alone and not fighting together with the Army of Light.
    I believe that Blizzard fucked up with the Army of Light. They were supposed to be arrive and be the counterpart to the Legion, an army that had been gathered around the universe and were going to bring the hammer down on the Legion.... but the current Army of Light is not strong, they are getting their arse kicked. The heroes are much stronger then the entire Army of Light and even Velens troops proberly outnumber or match the fighting force of the Army of Light. I had expected the Army of Light to arrive with many ships to take on the Legion destroyers and a fully prepared invasion army, which only needs us to counter any surprises Sargeras might have up his sleeve.

The current Army of Light seems like a wounded lamb, that needs our help to just survive and it will let the burden of conquest on our shoulders. Blizzard have taken something, that could have called in an amazing final showdown between the Legion and the Light, but it seems like we already came to late and have to save the Light from being broken by its big brother the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree that it's a let down, I used to imagine a world of the naaru, full of exodar/tempest-keep-like stuff, divided in equal parts of light and shadow.
    Oh well, I still like the story and that's our own fault for expecting stuff.
    If that is truly how the Army of Light works, then Blizz should have called them the Resistance of the Light. Giving them the name Army, i have expectations of what i will see when they arrive. That expectations was not fufilled and therefore i was let down.

If i had done it.... I would proberly have made the Heroes set up beacons on Argus and then have Lothraxion call in the Fleets of the Army of Light, having a cinematic where their ships warped in and unleashed its full force upon Antorus. The Legion should ofcourse have a number of tricks up their sleeve, but it should be clear, that with the aids of Legionfall and the Heroes of Azeroth, the Legion was falling, which would explain Sargerases urgency to finish the creation of Argus the Unmaker, before the Legion is broken for good.

Right now.... It really does seem like the Legion would have smashed the Army of Light like a fly, if the Heroes had not been here.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    The current iteration of it doesn't really make sense to me.
    I used to have an impression that the Army was a coalition of survivors from numerous worlds conquered by the Legion, but as it turned out it solely consists of Light-infused draenei. Where did these draenei even come from? According to the description of the in-game faction, they are the "draenei's finest warriors who followed Xe'ra across the cosmos". Does this mean Velen's group was not the only one rescued by the Naaru? And if so, why was one group chosen to form the Army while the other was on the run for thousands of years?
    fantasy world: the army of light does consist of numerous worlds and survivors !
    real world: blizzard didn't have the time and/or over looked it to implement this in game so here's some Draenei using preexisting models that were already created.

Right now.... It really does seem like the Legion would have smashed the Army of Light like a fly, if the Heroes had not been here.

For once the Legion feels like a real threat and then that isn't right either. And of course it's always the heroes. Would be pretty dumb if some random NPC faction would win the entire war by themselves. Blizzard was never really good at showing something ingame. The whole "war" between the Alliance and Horde was a few skirmishes between two dozens NPCs.

Deleted
    The army seems very weak. It's more of a rebellion of the light.

And any army run by Draenei is no good btw. THey have never, ever won a single battle and are always running.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keydiam View Post
    For once the Legion feels like a real threat and then that isn't right either. And of course it's always the heroes. Would be pretty dumb if some random NPC faction would win the entire war by themselves. Blizzard was never really good at showing something ingame. The whole "war" between the Alliance and Horde was a few skirmishes between two dozens NPCs.
    I think it is good that the Legion feels like a threat, but it comes at the completly wrong time.... We have beaten the Legion back from the Broken Shore, the place where they should have all the control. Now that we have beaten them back and actually going right for their heart, it is first now that they seem like a force to be reckoned with....

Ofcourse the Heroes should always be the thing that tip the scales, but i would like for this Army of Light to actually play a part in the downfall of the Legion and not just follow our slipstream. And i already fear, that in the overall story, it will actually be the Army of Light who is victories and us just being a tool to deal the final blow, which would be very dishonest of what Blizzard have builded up with 7.3

All in all, i would just have liked for Blizzard to show the Army of Light actually taking the fight to the Legion, having big battles with the demons and giving signs, that the Legion were being pushed back and could maybe fall.

Deleted
    I think the Army of the Light is actually much bigger, but on Xe'ras command the Xenedar had to move to Argus, because in her foreseen destiny this is where the 'chosen one' would go and this is the place where the last battle against the Legion's main force takes place. I think she probably planned to make Illidan into a kind of Kerrigan and then there would not have been any need to bring more forces and the other parts of the army can just keep being the distraction for the Legion they are now. Only now we are down one prime Naaru and one chosen Light-beam.

Edit: Oh and do we see other forces of the army of the Light when we invade the other demon worlds? That would be kind of cool. So we get to see where else they are fighting and maybe some of their other troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I think the Army of the Light is actually much bigger, but on Xe'ras command the Xenedar had to move to Argus, because in her foreseen destiny this is where the 'chosen one' would go and this is the place where the last battle against the Legion's main force takes place. I think she probably planned to make Illidan into a kind of Kerrigan and then there would not have been any need to bring more forces and the other parts of the army can just keep being the distraction for the Legion they are now. Only now we are down one prime Naaru and one chosen Light-beam.

Edit: Oh and do we see other forces of the army of the Light when we invade the other demon worlds? That would be kind of cool. So we get to see where else they are fighting and maybe some of their other troops.
    Well, the Sha'tar didn't seem up to speed on whatever the fuck Xe'ra was planning with Illidan, and I'm pretty sure they were planning their own Army of the Light thing. I think the problem here is communication. There could be thousands of Naaru all over the universe, all gathering forces for the Army of the Light, but they haven't been able to keep in touch.

Interesting point to note is that the Draenei in Xe'ra's army are called "Lightforged", just as Xe'ra said the Light would forge a new life for Illidan.

I wonder how many of them were captured Eredar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, the Sha'tar didn't seem up to speed on whatever the fuck Xe'ra was planning with Illidan, and I'm pretty sure they were planning their own Army of the Light thing. I think the problem here is communication. There could be thousands of Naaru all over the universe, all gathering forces for the Army of the Light, but they haven't been able to keep in touch.

Interesting point to note is that the Draenei in Xe'ra's army are called "Lightforged", just as Xe'ra said the Light would forge a new life for Illidan.

I wonder how many of them were captured Eredar?
    In my opinion Xe'ra ordered A'dal and the others to attack the Black temple, so Illidan would be captured and his 'destiny' secured. If he had attacked from there and at that time, it would not have been the right time in her plan. I think, from all we heard about Velen and some others the light gives them orders and visions to secure their actions for exactly the right point in time, when they 'see' it will have the greatest effect. I do think from their point of view this might be the right way to go about it, but it might not always be the best for individuals or even a whole bunch of 'beings', who become 'collateral damage'.
    I think forcing the light upon beings is something that an overzealous and powerful light being would do.
    I actually think the Naaru are different in that regard. A'dal may have given Illidan his try, just as he let everyone in Shattrath go about their business, even thugs, thieves and murderers, because that is the way they chose to live. He gives his power to those who want and seek it and otherwise makes the city safe enough that people can actually choose their own lifestyles.

But maybe as a general of an army tasked with the fight against the Legion itself it would also be different. Like.. you can take the luxury of being a bit generous and not force everyone to follow every one of your commands if you can live in (relative) peace. But you can not allow that for an army.

I do, however, think Xe'ra went a little overboard with it. A small step further than Maraad was shown in WoD, maybe not _as_ far as the Scarlets (she locked Alleria up, but didn't kill her right away), but... somewhere in between.
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2017-09-01 at 07:34 PM. Reason: messed up one sentence, corrected now

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    illidan let himself become a half demon and his breath probably smells like shit now, its only acceptable irony for him because he's a massive douche about it.
    Rather hang out with a douche than rapey mcwindchime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    Rather hang out with a douche than rapey mcwindchime
    True, true.
    #boycottchina

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole invasion has been a disappointment. Look at the War of the Ancients - now that was a war; and Azeroth fought tooth and nail to fight the Legion back. Here, a few characters show up at the Broken Shore and kick their ass all the way back to Argus, and then we just keep kicking them there. Like wtf? So the Army of the Light being a huge and disappointing plot hole is no surprise. They would have needed to do a Warcraft 4 to really tell a good story, I don't think it was ever going to be possible in WoW. Maybe they can go back and retell it someday, who knows?

Army of Light was supposed to be something formed in the future to fight the Legion and included all the Azeroth races.

At least that's what the naaru told Velen. Apparently they left out the part where the Army had already formed from other draenei refugees.

Deleted
    We have some more insight on "Army" of the Light. I didn't read it all (I mean the audio drama) but it seems that the "army" is as many people as their ship can handle. So yeah, the hyped it and now I feel dissapointed. Unless, like I said, the true army is yet to be made.

Question is - is Void really the enemy from Anduin's pre-legion comic? The audio drama states that neither light nor void are evil or good.

She saw the Light moving through the cosmos like a ravenous predator. She saw it touch the minds of Azeroth's mortals—a touch that corrupted them forever. She saw generations live and die in invisible chains, bound to a force that granted them fleeting moments of peace in exchange for absolute obedience.

She saw war. She saw the forces of the Light striking back against the Void. She saw darkened worlds burning in holy fire. She saw millions of creatures encased in luminous crystals the size of mountains, sustained by the Light and unable to die. Warriors of the Light were monsters, corrupting and consuming everything they touched.
    The Locus-Walker kept her firmly afloat. "You have known the Shadow as nothing but horrors. The Shadow sees the Light in the same way. Neither viewpoint is true. Neither is wrong." The roar of the Void nearly drowned him out. The masters of the Void were clawing at her mind. She barely fought them off. "The Light seeks one path and shuns all others as lies. The Shadow seeks every possible path and sees them all as truth."
    So, when do we get to see the crystal mountains of the creatures "protected" by the Light?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    We have some more insight on "Army" of the Light. I didn't read it all (I mean the audio drama) but it seems that the "army" is as many people as their ship can handle. So yeah, the hyped it and now I feel dissapointed. Unless, like I said, the true army is yet to be made.

Question is - is Void really the enemy from Anduin's pre-legion comic? The audio drama states that neither light nor void are evil or good.
    Guy1: You better be afraid, i have an army!
    Guy2: You mean the people inside your van? O.o
    Guy1: Exactly! A great army of people in a van!