Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    So I guess you only play 2-3 hours a day? WoW used to not be that way, that you ran out of content so fast and you really started to wonder: what now? It was not that way at all.. I completed all of the available Argus content bar the mission table quests [and is that really content?] at a normal pace and other than world quests there's nothing else to do on Argus. It's supposed to be an invasion yet I don't feel like it is at all. We invade only to narrative-wise get pointed out that "This is enough now, let's just wait another five days while we're getting assaulted by demons everywhere!" Where the hell is the reason in LORE for this? Because surely having the zone as it is is because of lore, right? So how do you justify that BS timegating with lore?

Anyway, if people complete content too quickly that's on them! There can't be an infinite supply of content and I understand that. But gating world content like this is nothing but an arbitrary and annoying hindrance that only serves to break immersion in the game. I want to be overwhelmed on patch day, not just get my 1-2hour long railroad experience.

Tell me, if they released all of it at once, could those people who wanted to progress at a slower pace still do it? How about if they continue with this timegating - could those people who wanted to complete it all at once do it or not? Why not go for the option that provides freedom for both while not breaking immersion in the game?

And, also, which option is more profitable for Blizzard, what do you think? Now if you think about it, do not mix content pacing with spoonfeeding and cash milking.
    I agree.

Look at professions and how you are gated on Argus. Professions in past patches were allowed to hit the ground running but this is a first to see massive gating. It is almost as if they are scared that players will be bored before Sept quarter is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Timegating is timegating.
    No, timegating could be done in a way that would feel justified by what is going on in the game. That would be immersive and would really provide players/servers to unite and work for that next chapter in the Argus story or whatever. Similarly, there is no logical justification why AK should just stack passively every 7 days (upped from 5 days btw, to make it all take even longer) and not have it tied to some sort of activity in the game. Also, funny how after AK 25 the story of our weapons just ended. And how no backstory appeared to Order Hall missions, how world quests have become less and less polished with every patch in terms of quest text, etc. While I am at it, what is the reasoning for having mobs that are not required for ANY quest spawn within 5 seconds after I killed it? Bah... If I hated the game so much I would not bother with creating this topic, trust me. You dont seem to get it that often the most passionately "hating" fans care much more about this game than the bunch of people with a low threshold for satisfaction. Hence why it would be in vain to suggest they unsub.

No, timegating could be done in a way that would feel justified by what is going on in the game. That would be immersive and would really provide players/servers to unite and work for that next chapter in the Argus story or whatever. Similarly, there is no logical justification why AK should just stack passively every 7 days (upped from 5 days btw, to make it all take even longer) and not have it tied to some sort of activity in the game. Also, funny how after AK 25 the story of our weapons just ended. And how no backstory appeared to Order Hall missions, how world quests have become less and less polished with every patch in terms of quest text, etc. While I am at it, what is the reasoning for having mobs that are not required for ANY quest spawn within 5 seconds after I killed it? Bah... If I hated the game so much I would not bother with creating this topic, trust me. You dont seem to get it that often the most passionately "hating" fans care much more about this game than the bunch of people with a low threshold for satisfaction. Hence why it would be in vain to suggest they unsub.
    Not really.

You have an option to not continue playing a game you clearly dislike due the rampant amount of whine threads I've seen from you.

Don't blame the game or other people because you don't choose the options presented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

You are unhappy with a game. Why force yourself to play it any further? Why create stress and tension?

I don't like Rift anymore. Why would I force myself to play it?

I don't like League of Legends anymore. Why would I force myself to play it?

Considering the amount of threads the OP has made that are just dumping on Legion they have made says to me that they are displeased with it. Why keep throwing money down the drain towards something you are displeased with?
    Oh it's you again. Maybe start a facebook-group with your friend Jaylock.
    As a company who makes things for entertainment (and as with any succesful business) you have to listen to customers and make changes to reduce the amount of unsatisfied ones (while also getting new ones).
    Any business who refuses to improve and actually listen to what the customer 'desires' is doomed to fail eventually and shoot itself in the foot.
    I'm not saying the customer is always right, but there's glaring issues ever since the release of Legion (Legendaries & AP being one) which can't be denied since their Official Forums keep getting new posts regarding it (as an example).
    Ofcourse you can say it's only a minority who are dissatisfied with the game (or aspects of it) but those people are also customers and telling them to 'quit if you don't like it' is the opposite of what one should do.
    Finding a middle ground between listening to customers and still do your own thing isn't easy (and if it would we wouldn't still have new posts popping up everyday (or videos). I'm not here to show a solution, but your toxic behavior is just as bad as those who complain about the game.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Can you provide a source to it please? A link preferably.

So people that enjoy the content are just "white knights"?

Bit of a silly argument to make. I mean you are entitled to your opinion but as I said a bit silly to call people "white knights" because they don't agree with your opinion that the content is bad.
    It's funny becuase you usually just tell people to leave or unsub when they disagree with you. When the cards are turned it's "silly"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Oh it's you again. Maybe start a facebook-group with your friend Jaylock.
    As a company who makes things for entertainment (and as with any succesful business) you have to listen to customers and make changes to reduce the amount of unsatisfied ones (while also getting new ones).
    Any business who refuses to improve and actually listen to what the customer 'desires' is doomed to fail eventually and shoot itself in the foot.
    I'm not saying the customer is always right, but there's glaring issues ever since the release of Legion (Legendaries & AP being one) which can't be denied since their Official Forums keep getting new posts regarding it (as an example).
    Ofcourse you can say it's only a minority who are dissatisfied with the game (or aspects of it) but those people are also customers and telling them to 'quit if you don't like it' is the opposite of what one should do.
    Finding a middle ground between listening to customers and still do your own thing isn't easy (and if it would we wouldn't still have new posts popping up everyday (or videos). I'm not here to show a solution, but your toxic behavior is just as bad as those who complain about the game.
    And I agree. I actually hate Legendaries. I don't like how certain specs are built around them and preferred the WoD/MoP model of Legendaries in which you worked on it throughout the expansion.

But if they are still not listening then why bother? Clearly if you tried countless times then they are not going to listen after the 100th time.

Maybe when they see their player numbers are plummeting from disdained players they might stop being so ignorant?

So yes if you are unhappy with the game and Blizzard are consistently not listening to yours and a large amount of players feedback what else is there to do? Keep forcing yourself into playing a game where the devs clearly don't give 2 shits about your opinion/feedback and one that you are dissatisfied with? How is that healthy?

As I said I've played games where the devs don't give a shit and over time I stopped enjoying. Why would I go back to those games if they are still in the same state?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's funny becuase you usually just tell people to leave or unsub when they disagree with you. When the cards are turned it's "silly"?
    Usually?

Methinks you are mixing me up with someone else mate. I've probably said it to people yes. But "usually" is an overstatement.

Also no. Calling someone a "white knight" for not agreeing with your opinion of a game is stupid. Rift for example I bloody hate it and I'm damn near always critical of it. Do I expect people to be up in arms and agreeing with me and if they don't they are "white knights"? Not at all.

A white knight is someone who defends their game vehemently or damn near to the point where it is the best thing since sliced bread. WoW has it's faults just like any other MMO or game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-01 at 03:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They don't report sub numbers anymore, only hours spent in the game. They are making WoW an even greater time sink in order to appease investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    They don't report sub numbers anymore, only hours spent in the game. They are making WoW an even greater time sink in order to appease investors.
    Well yeah. What do investors care about more? Income or number of players?

And honestly I think they still should. While they were never obliged to do so I will admit I am curious to Legions sub numbers.

Deleted
    Bla bla bla bla bla

Pussy.

Blizzard baked the best expansion so far and kids complain spree, get a life!

Sooo I have not yet played through Legion, but I will say this.

You are on the Demons HOME WORLD!!!!! The home where they are SPAWNED and sent to wrack havoc on the universe. Do you really think there should only be 100 mobs dispersed around the area.... They know they are about to be attacked but hey lets just have them throw out some 10 or 50 trash mobs for the convenience of the player....

And with flying.. WHY are people so obsessed with flying? I have a drake from since TBC or whenever flying was allowed. I used it maybe 200 times over the past 4 -6 years or so.

And the green landscape, again you are on the Demon HOMEWORLD.... That is where Fel is created(assumption) and where the Demons live. It is their house, you dont like the green get out.

If the area was one straight line from start to finish then you would complain that it was to easy to get to where you needed to be. It is supposed to be HARD to get there. They are TRYING to KILL you. They aint gonna make it easy on you. What do you want a GPS to their front door and all the mobs to just wave and die as you try to kill their leaders?

I have kept up with WoW through MMO-Champfor the last 6 years or so and my GOWRSH!!!!! people are whiny and crying all the time. I want my flying.... I want no mobs and all the lootz........ I want to see the end but do not want to go through the challenge or Raids to see it....... you DPS is shitz get out of my GF...... you do not know mechs WTF you doing here........ CHRIST, it is no wonder why I now play this game sporadically solo.

I so miss my old Raiding Progression guild but after all of the posts seen here(thousands dang near lol) I dont even know if I will even be able to raid again. The meter is just too damned high lol.

BUT, I stillenjoy it and am eagerly awaiting my time to see Argus. It will take a few months but I will get there lol.

I'm glad Blizzard decided to go with Story > Gameplay.
    Moving around Argus ain't easy and that's good. If you can't even navigate around a zone to find a specific spot for a quest or maybe a rare mob then Blizzard has spoiled you too much. It's an invasion on the Burning Legion HQ, it ain't supposed to be easy. In fact it should be even worse.

Every time Blizzard tries to do something different people complain endlessly. But if they don't do it people complain that it's just another X or Y. No wonder they stopped caring about what the community wants, not even the community knows what it wants.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    I'm glad Blizzard decided to go with Story > Gameplay.
    Moving around Argus ain't easy and that's good. If you can't even navigate around a zone to find a specific spot for a quest or maybe a rare mob then Blizzard has spoiled you too much. It's an invasion on the Burning Legion HQ, it ain't supposed to be easy. In fact it should be even worse.

Every time Blizzard tries to do something different people complain endlessly. But if they don't do it people complain that it's just another X or Y. No wonder they stopped caring about what the community wants, not even the community knows what it wants.

Explain this type of timegating with your "story before gameplay" please. Disconnected from the whole theme and experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Well yeah. What do investors care about more? Income or number of players?

And honestly I think they still should. While they were never obliged to do so I will admit I am curious to Legions sub numbers.
    It did abysmally given the amount of overhauls and trying to affect people´s brain stem with all this RNG and Grind. Barely above WoD is just terrible.
    Sub numbers dropped terribly shortly after launch. And it is shame more than anything that stops them from publishing sub numbers.

Hence making it take you as long as possible is the way to go now. Even the portal back to the ship does not teleport you to the portal but to the other side.
    One more minute just running to where you want to go. Multiply it with millions and you get great time spent in the game. Or the chests that take you minutes to reach, only to witness them despawning.

Explain this type of timegating with your "story before gameplay" please. Disconnected from the whole theme and experience.

- - - Updated - - -

It did abysmally given the amount of overhauls and trying to affect people´s brain stem with all this RNG and Grind. Barely above WoD is just terrible.
    Sub numbers dropped terribly shortly after launch. And it is shame more than anything that stops them from publishing sub numbers.

Hence making it take you as long as possible is the way to go now. Even the portal back to the ship does not teleport you to the portal but to the other side.
    One more minute just running to where you want to go. Multiply it with millions and you get great time spent in the game.
    Source on sub numbers?

And don't even bother with the unofficial and unreliable census websites.

And go read the quarterly reports. Financially it's been up every Quarter for the past year in general. That's what investors care about.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ith_Tables.pdf

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_Release.pdf
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-01 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Source on sub numbers?

And don't even bother with the unofficial and unreliable census websites.

And go read the quarterly reports. Financially it's been up every Quarter for the past year. That's what investors care about.
    You think appealing to investors is good for the overall enjoyment of the game? Their new metric is destroying the game. Ever since they started to abide by it, RNG and Grind have gone through the roof, terrain is the worst ever and arbitrary timegates on Artifact Knowledge occurred, effectively putting out any desire you might have to grind excessively to max your artifact weapon. Having more time than others brings you nowhere in this game. Used to not be this way. At least during expansions.

Also, sub numbers were not even commented on during Q2 quarterly report. What does that imply? That many people quit because of Broken Shore maybe? They were ashamed because they were lower than WoD? Surely they would have mentioned it, had sub numbers risen. Q1 had them just above WoD levels.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-09-01 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You sure sound angry for someone that didn't even get my point, which I thought was quite clear.
    Yes I am angry, because you can't understand the reason for why I told him to unsub and instead I have to write two damn paragraphs in order for you to understand the reason behind me (or anyone else really) telling him to unsub. But you don't seem to get my point, which I thought was made quite clear when I said 'What does he expect' as well as the 'you' which was a general 'you, not a 'you' directed at you.

You think appealing to investors is good for the overall enjoyment of the game? Their new metric is destroying the game. Ever since they started to abide by it, RNG and Grind have gone through the roof, terrain is the worst ever and arbitrary timegates on Artifact Knowledge occurred, effectively putting out any desire you might have to grind excessively to max your artifact weapon. Having more time than others brings you nowhere in this game. Used to not be this way. At least during expansions.
    Never said that appealing to investors was good. The first poster I responded to mentioned investors so I said what does an investor care more about? Money or sub numbers?

And again your opinion of the game.

Now source on sub numbers? Or are you just going to spam "shame shame shame" and pretend it holds some weight?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-01 at 03:31 PM.

Haven't had any problems navigating argus at all, i guess i know how to read a map and use common sense..?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Haven't had any problems navigating argus at all, i guess i know how to read a map and use common sense..?
    What are these "maps" you speak of? :O

Deleted
    Never said that appealing to investors was good. The first poster I responded to mentioned investors.

And again your opinion of the game.

Now source on sub numbers? Or are you just going to spam "shame shame shame" and pretend it holds some weight?
    Source: these very quarterly reports you urged me to read. Go find and read them yourself. Surely they would have commented on sub numbers if they had increased on their Q2 quarterly report. They did not. So that to me sends a message it is already below WoD levels.

Deleted
    Pro-guilds compete for world first Mythic Boss Kill.
    MMO-C users compete for world first complain about new feature.
    This is pathetic.