Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Maybe I should go into more detail because you obviously have not been reading comics.
    Love it when people use this line like an insult. Please don't go into more detail. Its insufferable enough talking about Marvel/DC properties without the soul crushing ego and self proclaimed "Speakers" (Speakers are people chosen by their own delusion to spread the word of Marvel and inform others of the 'correct' interpretations of the artwork and story) instead of having opinions on art that is as creative and inspiring as you can get and is designed to have fun with your own imagination.

Also depending on the writer/artists behide that particular piece of work interpretations change all the time. Ironman even became a black girl at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    .Also depending on the writer/artists behide that particular piece of work interpretations change all the time. Ironman even became a black girl at one point.
    That isn't a thing that happened. There's a Tony Stark AI in an Iron Man suit mentoring a black girl, and Dr. Doom has been suoerheroing under the Iron Man name, and Rhodey stood in as Iron Man for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That isn't a thing that happened. There's a Tony Stark AI in an Iron Man suit mentoring a black girl, and Dr. Doom has been suoerheroing under the Iron Man name, and Rhodey stood in as Iron Man for a while.
    And when was it mentioned that Humpty Dumpty is an Egg yet every illustrator under the sun does so.

How about batman, I prefer the animated kevin conroy version but theres also a 70 year old street brawler that kills frank miller version. Are either wrong? Or are they different versions of the same character with different themes in mind for the artwork in question.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And when was it mentioned that Humpty Dumpty is an Egg yet every illustrator under the sun does so.

How about batman, I prefer the animated kevin conroy version but theres also a 70 year old street brawler that kills frank miller version. Are either wrong? Or are they different versions of the same character with different themes in mind for the artwork in question.
    ? are movies, comics, tv having different continuity a new thing for you? Marvel and DC even assign different numbers to each universe...

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I really liked about Secret Empire is that they built up Sam Wilson as the new Captain America. I hope the rumors of him going back to being Falcon aren't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That article does not even mention Captain America, the supreme leader of Hydra. Hardly an up to date source.
    You're right. The article is concerned with the vast majority of the group's history, but doesn't have the most recent stuff. And you see what the history involves? Nazis and Nazi characters. Not Egyptian cults.

Marvel's The Inhumans: destined to be the TV disaster of the year

Are you ready to visit the lunar kingdom of the warring mutant superhero royals Black Bolt, Maximus, Crystal, Triton and Gorgon? Prepare to be underwhelmed
    Earthquake-triggering hooves and sentient hair might sound exciting, but the Inhumans has so far struggled to generate any positive buzz. The unfamiliarity with the characters and the neither fish-nor-fowl Imax/TV rollout has muddied the message, to the extent that there is a growing and almost gleeful expectation that it will be Marvel’s biggest critical flameout since the thumbs-down reaction to Netflix’s Iron Fist.

------------------

I've heard nothing but "brutal" so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Marvel's The Inhumans: destined to be the TV disaster of the year

Are you ready to visit the lunar kingdom of the warring mutant superhero royals Black Bolt, Maximus, Crystal, Triton and Gorgon? Prepare to be underwhelmed
    Earthquake-triggering hooves and sentient hair might sound exciting, but the Inhumans has so far struggled to generate any positive buzz. The unfamiliarity with the characters and the neither fish-nor-fowl Imax/TV rollout has muddied the message, to the extent that there is a growing and almost gleeful expectation that it will be Marvel’s biggest critical flameout since the thumbs-down reaction to Netflix’s Iron Fist.

------------------

I've heard nothing but "brutal" so far.
    i have no doubts that inhumans will be bad but i dont know why some people act like iron fist was some sort of failure. the worst ive seen is just "meh" outside of the people who bitched about danny being white even though they auditioned asian and white actors for the role
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i have no doubts that inhumans will be bad but i dont know why some people act like iron fist was some sort of failure. the worst ive seen is just "meh" outside of the people who bitched about danny being white even though they auditioned asian and white actors for the role
    It's a failure in comparison to the other Marvelflix series.

Daredevil is pretty much universally acclaimed, while JJ and Luke Cage were somewhat divisive, Iron Fist pretty much got a straight up meh from everyone.

I would say Iron Fist was still miles ahead of most other stuff on TV, but the bar has been set high with MarvelFlix, and Netflix in general, and imo, Iron Fist missed the bar completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I would say Iron Fist was still miles ahead of most other stuff on TV, but the bar has been set high with MarvelFlix, and Netflix in general, and imo, Iron Fist missed the bar completely.
    Glad to see the "MarvelFlix" name is catching on .

And yeah, 90% of the bitching about Iron Fist was either about the casting, or about the fights being a bit shit. People will get over the casting and the fights will improve a LOT in season two (they're already better in Defenders).

Inhumans, however, looks hilariously shit. The only thing that could potentially drag it back to "merely mediocre" levels is Iwan Rheon, who is always awesome... But he can only do so much with the script and direction he's given, and from everything I've seen, both of those are sorely lacking in Inhumans.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I would say Iron Fist was still miles ahead of most other stuff on TV
    Maybe, though there's been plenty of shows on TV recently that absolutely blow it out of the water 10 times over. It's just a lot of them ended within the past year or 2,, and there's not *currently* much in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Glad to see the "MarvelFlix" name is catching on .

And yeah, 90% of the bitching about Iron Fist was either about the casting, or about the fights being a bit shit. People will get over the casting and the fights will improve a LOT in season two (they're already better in Defenders).

Inhumans, however, looks hilariously shit. The only thing that could potentially drag it back to "merely mediocre" levels is Iwan Rheon, who is always awesome... But he can only do so much with the script and direction he's given, and from everything I've seen, both of those are sorely lacking in Inhumans.
    he'll always be barry to me

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Once the controversy got started up that Danny was white, the show was doomed. Some very loud people got mad and determined that the show was going to suck because of the casting. So then other people jumping on the bandwagon also pre determined the show was going to suck. So just regular viewers suddenly hear the show sucks, so they finally watch it with a eye for how bad its going to suck and surprise they find reasons it sucks.

Inhumans are in the same boat. The costumes got criticized so their was this groundswell that the show was going to suck. One review comes out and suddenly everyone on this board is like yup I knew it was going to suck I knew it all along. So without every seeing a single shot, people are going to watch this show looking for all the ways it sucks. The show might authentically suck, but it won't matter anymore because its already been determined it sucks and nothing will stop anyone from verifying that opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Once the controversy got started up that Danny was white, the show was doomed.
    Wait, people were mad that a character who was white in the comic, was white in a TV show... Jesus Christ. I am all for diversity but it's this forced diversity shit that bothers me. If you wanna gender or race swap characters fine, I been pretty happy with a lot of the race changes in the movies, 'cos you know it's just a movie universe.

But when people complain that a character who was white was actually cast as white whats to complain about? Maybe someone can go in further detail and let me in on this because I entirely missed that controversy lol.

But if Marvel want a Chinese hero in the MCU, they do actually have an awesome martial arts hero called Shang-Chi... and I really hope they make a Netflix show on him one day.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wait, people were mad that a character who was white in the comic, was white in a TV show... Jesus Christ. I am all for diversity but it's this forced diversity shit that bothers me. If you wanna gender or race swap characters fine, I been pretty happy with a lot of the race changes in the movies, 'cos you know it's just a movie universe.

But when people complain that a character who was white was actually cast as white whats to complain about? Maybe someone can go in further detail and let me in on this because I entirely missed that controversy lol.

But if Marvel want a Chinese hero in the MCU, they do actually have an awesome martial arts hero called Shang-Chi... and I really hope they make a Netflix show on him one day.
    shang chi is going to be in iron fists season 2. it was always the plan that if an asian actor didnt get the part they would at some point incorporate shang chi and like punisher he could receive his own show later on.

this whole disney only streaming thing though muddles things a bit and im fairly sure its the reason moon knight, ghost rider, and blade have all been silent lately. netflix doesnt have the rights to the marvel shows indefinitely and once the contract runs out (unless disneys service crashes and burns before then) those shows go back to disney

10+ Year Old Account
    he'll always be barry to me
    If I ever met him in real life, it would take ALL my self control not to shout "SAVE ME BARRY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Is the show out already and I missed it? I'm just wondering how you've already seen either script or direction to make this judgment.
    I've not personally seen it, but it HAS been shown to certain reviewers and luck insider types... The response has been almost universally poor.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Seems like Inhumans is a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Seems like Inhumans is a flop.
    No star power. Costumes look like high school role players. Just another superhero avenger type show spam offering nothing new... call me shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Once the controversy got started up that Danny was white, the show was doomed. Some very loud people got mad and determined that the show was going to suck because of the casting. So then other people jumping on the bandwagon also pre determined the show was going to suck. So just regular viewers suddenly hear the show sucks, so they finally watch it with a eye for how bad its going to suck and surprise they find reasons it sucks.
    Not really. While I liked IF well enough, most of the complaints folks have are well founded. I didn't care so much about the fights, but they were not good. They didn't establish his strength well. There were some complaints about him being white, but more so about "a white guy explaining martial arts to an asian", ignoring that he was trained in KungFu (Chinese) and explaining the concept to a Japanese person (not even really explaining). It's okay that folks can claim racist while simultaneously reducing all various cultures to "Asian".

Inhumans are in the same boat. The costumes got criticized so their was this groundswell that the show was going to suck. One review comes out and suddenly everyone on this board is like yup I knew it was going to suck I knew it all along. So without every seeing a single shot, people are going to watch this show looking for all the ways it sucks. The show might authentically suck, but it won't matter anymore because its already been determined it sucks and nothing will stop anyone from verifying that opinion.
    Again, it wasn't just the costumes getting criticized. Every element of the show looks poor. Some folks didn't like lack of animation to Medusa, but really the big issues is what is wrong with all their faces!!! I think it's just a poorly done adaptation, if it was going to be done well it'd really need to be a labor of love like Deadpool, but it just doesn't have that feel. It feels like "we need a show, what can we use?" to me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched the Inhumans yet but I will reserve judgement until I see it, although I feel myself being disappointed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    I don't get it either, all Marvel tv series are garbage without exception so I don't see why they cherry pick out Iron Fist.