Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    They can, in D3 for example the mobs gain affixes the higher you go.
    And Diablo is also a game where next to every thing his random, if you wanted a proper analogy it would be like dark souls where new game plus adds new items mobs and boss mechanics. And yes it is new content.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    The majority of the player base of every single game ever made does not complete the game, but it needs to be made to sell the game. People wouldn't have bought Super Mario Bros if it were just level 1, the warp zones, and level 8 like most people did. WoW actually has incredibly high participation for mythic raiding in comparison to the participation that other games will have for things like nightmare difficulty.
    Do you have any proof of this? Or is this just another one of those empty feelcraft claims?

I won't even touch your mario example, if you can even legitimally call it that, since it's nothing more than poorly formulated conjecture and quite frankly 'apples and pears'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Dark souls where new game plus adds new items mobs and boss mechanics. And yes it is new content.
    Which is what anyone with a sane mind regards as content. If not, developers could sell us a "HARD" option for 20 euro and call it a content patch. That would be stupid, right?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-01 at 03:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    The majority of the player base of every single game ever made does not complete the game, but it needs to be made to sell the game. People wouldn't have bought Super Mario Bros if it were just level 1, the warp zones, and level 8 like most people did. WoW actually has incredibly high participation for mythic raiding in comparison to the participation that other games will have for things like nightmare difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, you can have your opinion, I don't mind. Considering that you don't bother validating your opinion with anything at all it's not worth discussing anything with you. You might want to learn to do that at some point, it's a valuable social skill that will be an asset for most of life, beyond forum posting.
    I have already validated it, new spells new mobs changing the way a fight plays out its new content that's a fact if thoses things are not new content then no boss has ever had new content unless you only count new models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    It's different, but is it new content?

Does playing doom on hard feel like a completely new experience after having completed it on normal?
    If things you have never seen before are happening then yes it is a complexly new experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any proof of this? Or is this just another one of those empty feelcraft claims?

I won't even touch your mario example, if you can even legitimally call it that, since it's nothing more than poorly formulated conjecture and quite frankly 'apples and pears'.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what anyone with a sane mind regards as content. If not, developers could sell us a "HARD" option for 20 euro and call it a content patch. That would be stupid, right?
    Are you agreeing with me or not I'm not sure cause mythic adds all of this stuff to its not just a number increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    YOU didn't go through torment 12?

Flithy casual how dare you insult my beautiful Diablo 3. You have not done nothing!!!

You only beat mythic kiljaeden on a warrior?! Flithy casual beat him on a shaman, rogue, warlock etc. You have done nothing! How dare you complain there is no content!

It's pretty funny lol. People love changing goalpost.
    Buying legion, lvlboost to 100, level to 110 and clear lfr = all content done? Wow has so many different progression possibilities. If not a single one fits you, stop playing. In this case there is not no content, you just dont like the content. Content = things you do to achieve X.

So every patch ever that has stuff locked behind a rep was pointless? I mean I'd Ira pointless till every thing is unlocked then why do the rep its point less afte all, and if you don't do the rep then every thing will stay locked so I guess wow has always been pointless. Why do you play a pointless game?
    Fun content is not pointless because it makes fun. That's the huge difference to 7.2 and 7.3.

By no means is (the recent version of) Argus worthy to be the homeworld of the Legion. It's a laughable, small, boring planet with what's called "Burning Legion" but there's like nothing very hostile or evil there except the environment.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I have already validated it, new spells new mobs changing the way a fight plays out its new content that's a fact if thoses things are not new content then no boss has ever had new content unless you only count new models.

- - - Updated - - -

If things you have never seen before are happening then yes it is a complexly new experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you agreeing with me or not I'm not sure cause mythic adds all of this stuff to its not just a number increase.
    Mythic adds a higher difficulty, like "nightmare" adds a higher difficulty. It's the same content albeit more difficult, ergo not new content. (Which is why difficulties aren't sold in content patches - in any game)

But I guess some people are easily contented (get it?) and jump for joy exulting "yay new content!" every time the same m+ dungeon goes up a step...

I'm not that easily fooled.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-01 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Resubbed tanked HC tomb unlocked argus all story done. Now what i want to like this game but 1/3 of a year and this is all they managed to make.
    Troll thread is troll.

If not, you must be pretty silly to think this is all this patch contains.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Fun content is not pointless because it makes fun. That's the huge difference to 7.2 and 7.3.

By no means is (the recent version of) Argus worthy to be the homeworld of the Legion. It's a laughable, small, boring planet with what's called "Burning Legion" but there's like nothing very hostile or evil there except the environment.
    Reasonably there wouldn't really be any hostile or evil demons left, we have killed there leaders and pretty much all of there higher ups other then sargaras.

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic adds a higher difficulty, like "nightmare" adds a higher difficulty. It's the same content albeit more difficult, ergo not new content. (Which is why difficulties aren't sold in content patches - in any game)

But I guess some people are easily contented (get it?) and jump for joy exulting "yay new content!" every time the same m+ dungeon goes up a step...

I'm not that easily fooled.
    So what are you just talking about mythic + because mythic raids add new mobs spells ect it's not just a number increase its more difficult in most cases because it adds new mechanics not just higher numbers.

Reasonably there wouldn't really be any hostile or evil demons left, we have killed there leaders and pretty much all of there higher ups other then sargaras.

- - - Updated - - -

So what are you just talking about mythic + because mythic raids add new mobs spells ect it's not just a number increase its more difficult in most cases because it adds new mechanics not just higher numbers.
    You keep missing the point, which is an achievement (content?) by itself. If you're not, how about you reply to the relevant inquiries I pose, rather than -not so artfully- dodging them.

I'll give you a helping hand: Does adding some contents to existing content count as new content? If so, you're easily contented. I am not.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-01 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Look at mythic gul'dan the whole illidan thing is 100% different content then doing it on heroic rather you want to admit it or not.
    No it isnt it is exact same illidan what you can kill in LFR. New mechanic isnt new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    So you already have done all the quests in the game, collected all mounts, pets, toys and transmogs and leveled 50 characters on your account to 110?

Then you really have nothing more to do. Yet you can still earn gold and turn it into battle.net balance.
    What a fucking stupid argument.

I don't get the "4 month" part, where is that coming from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    What a fucking stupid argument.
    Nope. It is content. Everyone can choose what they want to do, but playing only a fraction of the game and then complain that there isn't something to do makes the person an hypocrit. Maybe its the time to rethink if the game is the right choice for them anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    You keep missing the point, which is an achievement (content?) by itself. If you're not, how about you reply to the relevant inquiries I pose, rather than -not so artfully- dodging them.

I'll give you a helping hand: Does adding some contents to existing content count as new content? If so, you're easily contented. I am not.
    So your asking if adding new things is adding new things, it's pretty self evident that it is. As to ahcivments there not content but what ever you need to do to get them is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    So you already have done all the quests in the game, collected all mounts, pets, toys and transmogs and leveled 50 characters on your account to 110?

Then you really have nothing more to do. Yet you can still earn gold and turn it into battle.net balance.
    Yeah paying 15 dollars per month to collect uselss crap what have no in game value at all. Collecting pets and mounts. Transmog? Most of players alredy have their favourits done and leveling alts? Becouse playing exact same content with new class is totaly new content. Oh wait no it isnt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No it isnt it is exact same illidan what you can kill in LFR. New mechanic isnt new content.
    There is no illidan phase in lfr or any thing under mythic so you comply missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    HC Tomb is 1 week content, not 4 months
    I've cleared Heroic ToS ten times (minus some KJ kills) on my main, and I'm just now getting to the point where any upgrades from there would come from rare titanforges. Heroic ToS is still compelling content for my alts, and I have barely scratched Mythic ToS, so there's plenty to experience there as well.
    Last edited by Vaerys; 2017-09-01 at 07:32 PM.

So your asking if adding new things is adding new things, it's pretty self evident that it is. As to ahcivments there not content but what ever you need to do to get them is.
    No, I am not. If you'd actually understood what you read, you wouldn't have asked this question.

I am asking you if you think that adding a few mechanics to a boss qualifies as new content. Your answer is evidentally "yes", which in turn begs the question: "does removing mechanics qualify as new content?" (Which is how boss fights are designed, by the way.)

Ponder on that a while and carefully formulate your rebuke, lest you look a fool again.

As for achievement; yes, what you need to do is the content! Now let's add an achievement that requires you to dance for a minute after every boss kill before engaging the next mob. Voila, new content! Right? By your logic only though, because no sane person would actually consider that new content.

Look, we get it; you don't mind ruminating old shit and that's fine. Just don't attempt to find excuses and just admit you're easily satisfied and don't mind 'working at the assembly line'.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-01 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.3 is a staggered release in parts. If you bothered to read the articles on the front page you'd know Week 1 is first zone, Week 2 is 2nd zone and invasion points. Week 3 is Relic Forge, last zone and new dungeon. Raid comes at a later date. I'd say we've got plenty of content incoming. Not to mention increased rewards for doing Mythic 10 dungeons until next raid. Play PvP too, new mog to grab. I find it hard to believe you're truly "done" with all the content on offer, there's new mounts and toys to collect from the rares, battle pets too, have you gotten those yet?

Deleted
    There is no illidan phase in lfr or any thing under mythic so you comply missed the point.
    There is .