Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The IRS? Damn.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Ah, I wondered what the significance of the involvement of the NY AG was.

Seems like a straight up shot across the bows.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Holy shit. From The Washington Post for more sources.

If it's true, and I so desperately want it to be that I'm in heavy doubt, that State crimes are un-pardonable, then Trump is FUCKED.
    Does the President have authority to grant clemency for a state conviction?

No. The President’s clemency power is conferred by Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution of the United States, which provides: “The President . . . shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” Thus, the President’s authority to grant clemency is limited to federal offenses and offenses prosecuted by the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia in the name of the United States in the D.C. Superior Court. An offense that violates a state law is not an offense against the United States. A person who wishes to seek a pardon or a commutation of sentence for a state offense should contact the authorities of the state in which the conviction occurred. Such state authorities are typically the Governor or a state board of pardons and/or paroles, if the state government has created such a board.
    https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequ...ive-clemency#0

US DoJ website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's still a giant liberal nothingburger that's going to disappear in a week, because it hasn't been in the news 24/7 and isn't producing results and convictions right this instant.
    Just like Watergate.

Gotta count on the alt-right to delude themselves.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I will wait to pop my popcorn for when all the liberal tears break out at the end of this high-priced and carefully choreographed leftist deflection masked as a "Washington DC: Special Investigation Unit" ends with an underwhelming thud.

Every week y'all get all giddy and excited and still have produced ZERO POINT ZERO evidence.
    Yeah! This republican appointed special counsel with republican appointed lead, is just another complicated liberal conspiracy, like Killary Klintons Konspiracies with her 30 murders, or the Communist Chinese Hoax on climate change!

7+ Year Old Account
    I will wait to pop my popcorn for when all the liberal tears break out at the end of this high-priced and carefully choreographed leftist deflection masked as a "Washington DC: Special Investigation Unit" ends with an underwhelming thud.

Every week y'all get all giddy and excited and still have produced ZERO POINT ZERO evidence.
    Rather than magnets, we've moved on....

Investigations, how do they work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you even read my posts, because the mocking makes no sense to anything I've talked about or the tone that I employ. At any rate, we're focused on the jackassery at hand here if you don't mind?

- - - Updated - - -

If there was actually anything worthwhile for them to get Trump on, the moment would have been seized upon long ago. This is nothing but the Democrats' last hope because their lack of any recent cogent ideas other than "let's fix our lower-class white people problem with more identity politics" doesn't seem to be working for them.
    Yeah you are suggesting that the special counsel is just some political machinations desired by democrats, librhuls, the deep state, and establishment republicans, instead of you know, an actual criminal investigation by our nation's law enforcement agencies.

If there was actually anything worthwhile for them to get Trump on, the moment would have been seized upon long ago. This is nothing but the Democrats' last hope because their lack of any recent cogent ideas other than "let's fix our lower-class white people problem with more identity politics" doesn't seem to be working for them.
    Someone doesn't know how long investigations against presidents take. Remember Watergate and its lack of nothing took two years or so. Republicans like you make me sick. Party over country is disgusting.

Do you even read my posts, because the mocking makes no sense to anything I've talked about or the tone that I employ. At any rate, we're focused on the jackassery at hand here if you don't mind?

- - - Updated - - -

Presidential investigations take time because you need to have an ironclad case or everything goes up in smoke. Watergate took over 2 years and that was after they even had the smoking gun.

This isn't a fucking episode of Law and Order where shit gets wrapped up within the hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

And that's how you apologist Trumpers roll. You expect Mueller to send us emails each day with evidentiary updates. Maybe a telegram for you? Eh? You people are just entirely clueless as to how this process works - either genuinely or purposefully, your ignorance will end with tears as your god-king either flees the county (what's the over/under that it will be Russia btw) or sees a jail door slammed in his face.

Or are you now claiming to know what it takes to issue subpoenas and get search warrants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And that's how you apologist Trumpers roll.
    Oh, it's worse than that.

Trump has objectively failed on the vast majority of his campaign promises, because he was stupid enough to think he coud get stuff done in 100 days with no experience. He failed on health care, he failed on Russian relations, unemployment is going UP slightly but he still owns that because the numbers are real now, the dollar is falling, coal jobs are still not coming back, he's losing diplomacy and trade deals all over the world, his MAGA banner lies in tatters under his threats to invade multiple countries, half his staff has resigned, he refused to condemn American Nazis and the KKK, he's picking fights with the GOP, and his poll numbers have damn near bottomed out because of all of this.

Trump is an intentionally ill-informed, inexperienced, unqualified person who gave himself one of the hardest jobs in the world on the sole reasoning of he was going to break it. Good job, he has, and now the mess is his fault.

We don't need Russia anymore. Trump has done a perfectly good job of painting himself into the Lame Duck corner all on his own.

Think about that when Whatshisface resigns next week.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like his own party appointing a Special Prosecutor?

Deleted

LOl - everyday it is the same thing....."Okay, we got Trump now! This is it!" and then..........yawn.

Kinda reminds me about the election when the WaPo released the "grab them by the pussy" tape. This majority of people on this board were POSITIVE that was the end of Trump. NO WAY would he survive that. He was finished. And even if he did, NO WAY he would ever be President.

LOL - that is why I enjoy this place so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL FAKE NEWS
    So you're fine with the Clinton investigation, then? No comment about Trump saying Comey rigged it? No "we got her this time"?

Because it sounds to me like you have to either defend a hypocrite, or become one yourself.

15+ Year Old Account

Just replace "liberal tears" with "Republican tears" and "leftist deflection" with "conservative witch hunt" and your post would perfectly describe the 6 years of trying to pin something on Clinton and failing.

The only difference is, Republicans led the Hillary investigations, while bipartisan teams are leading the Trump investigations. Funny how that works eh?

- - - Updated - - -

So you're fine with the Clinton investigation, then? No comment about Trump saying Comey rigged it? No "we got her this time"?

Because it sounds to me like you have to either defend a hypocrite, or become one yourself.
    We've known they're hypocrites for awhile now...

But I will admit, seeing them called out for what they are and watching their response posts as they squirm out a word salad in defense is always amusing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted

2 senators said he rigged it - not Trump. Trump is just merely quoting them. And they have the proof.

But I am not the one who comes running to this board every 5 seconds to make another futile attempt to "take trump down". That news broke yesterday morning. Did you see me post anything about it? Do you ever see me starting threads about DWS and her problems? Nope. I will wait till something actually comes to fruition. I do not knee-jerk react over every little morsel - or count my chickens before they are hatched.

I did make a post a few weeks back about the VIP crew saying that the DNC hack was an inside job - I just thought it was funny.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-09-01 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Ayyy right on cue.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me, I was wrong. You have shown me the light.
    I will change every opinion I have on how investigations are supposed to work in a civilized society.
    Thank you for being the one true champion of justice and truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

2 senators said he rigged it - not Trump. Trump is just merely quoting them. And they have the proof.
    no they don't. let this Clinton crap go. Trump will go to prison and lose whatever money he has left to civil forfeiture. And you'll still be talking about buttery emails.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maomoa View Post
    no they don't. let this Clinton crap go.
    LOL - okay.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...n-email-242213

Former FBI Director James Comey began drafting a statement rejecting the idea of criminal charges against Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton over her private email account about two months or more before Clinton was interviewed in the FBI probe, according to partial transcripts of interviews released Thursday by two Republican senators.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and Sen. Lindsey Graham said they obtained the transcripts from the Office of Special Counsel, a government watchdog agency that launched an investigation into whether Comey's actions violated a federal law against government employees engaging in political activity while on duty.

In a letter sent Wednesday to Comey's successor, FBI Director Christopher Wray, Grassley and Graham said Comey's move to start preparing the statement sometime in April or early May reflected a premature conclusion that Clinton shouldn't be charged.

"Conclusion first, fact-gathering second—that’s no way to run an investigation. The FBI should be held to a higher standard than that, especially in a matter of such great public interest and controversy," Grassley and Graham wrote as they demanded all FBI records of the drafts Comey prepared as well as other materials related to the OSC probe.
    Comey exonerated her before the FBI interviewed her or Cheryl Mills. He had already decided what the outcome was going to be, regardless of the evidence.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're just choosing not to open official investigations with that proof, or tell us what it is.

Man I thought Republicans were men of action, alpha males who are authoritative and leaders. Not beta cucks who have proof of a crime and hide it away for nobody to see.

I just made my post assuming what you said was true. In reality, we know that the 198 investigations into HRC turned up nothing, and even the comment about the FBI having proof has been warped by people with addled minds and weak psyche. He said they had evidence to suggest that something might have occurred. Not that they had definitive proof that something had definitely occurred. Those subtle differences in wording make a world of difference in the reality of the situation.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"