Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    There are twenty different ways they could have done legion without making them look like paper tigers.
    One would have started with awakening Azeroth as a titan once the legion started to invade.
    That by itself would have been epic, would introduce a new lore character that does the "heavy lifting" (and at least makes logical sense).

Then maybe in another expansions we actually take on Argus proper, after the new baby Azeroth is a bit more "matured" and so forth.

In fact if they wanted to incorporate the Void they could do so between those two expansions by showing them as being threatened by the awakened Azeroth and beginning to work to do her in. The Void could be seen used as a counter force to the Legion.

But as it stands this is silly.
    If Azeroth woke up the planet would be gone and so would all of us included, or that's what many speculate.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-09-01 at 09:10 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That would suck for the game. Wouldn't be fun either.

Good thing you're not designing expansions or patches.
    I was hoping for the ambiance of a final titanic struggle. The "army" is mostly engaged with legion spacecraft while the Vindicaar punches through. The skybox could reflect fighting going on throughout the inaccessible sky and surface to at least help scale the threat, even if that's not what we're directly engaged with as players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Send me 1,000,000 demons and I'll send back 1,000,000 dead demons.
    This is my kind of Hero!!!
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Ok, let me rephrase this entire thread then: when the fuck will the Legion say "I'm sick of these little shits, ZERG THEM" and just launch 100000 infernals on our asses? Isn't this sort of the BEST moment with a MASSIVE portal towards our world from their main base of operations?
    In the story the portal wouldn't have been open for very long between the defeat of KJ and the invasion of Argus. We also don't know how the portal functions and if it allows everyone to go through or only those approved of by the "keystone". From various lore scattered through out the game we know that portals can have all sorts of rules tied to them on who and what they let through.

We also know that there is something about azeroth that doesn't just allow the Legion to show up. Portals are still needed to move a large number of their troops onto azeroth and is one of the reasons why the Tomb of Sargeras was so important. The destruction warlock artifact chain indicates they were going to use it to connect all legion worlds to the Tomb and basically zerg Azeroth.

We could have decimated a lot of the Legion troops on Azeroth as well. The pillars of creation could just be enough to hold back large legion forces as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Azeroth woke up the planet would be gone and so would all of us included. You didn't think this through.
    Has that been confirmed? It always seemed to me the worlds were just the egg/incubator for the souls/energy. And when they matured they would leave the planet but not necessarily destroy the planet. They might even still be tied to the planets some how like Ego in guardians of the galaxy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Has that been confirmed? It always seemed to me the worlds were just the egg/incubator for the souls/energy. And when they matured they would leave the planet but not necessarily destroy the planet. They might even still be tied to the planets some how like Ego in guardians of the galaxy

Well there doesn't seem to be any indication of the planets that the titans were incubating in which leads to the idea the planets or rather "Egg" is gone. Now it would be interesting if they were still around.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well there doesn't seem to be any indication of the planets that the titans were incubating in which leads to the idea the planets or rather "Egg" is gone. Now it would be interesting if they were still around.
    I figured that the Legion or Void just destroyed those planets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Similarly, I would have loved it if the native faction we were meant to help hadn't been yet more Broken, but a group of demons in open rebellion against the Legion instead as a result of witnessing their continual losses. There were a lot of interesting places Blizzard could have taken the Argus story, but they seem to be more interested in just steamrolling ahead to the end of the expansion via the most familiar, well-trodden, almost worn-out routes.
    Well we have seen an uncorrupted Nathrezim as part of the army of light. My guess is that there are healed demons as part of the light but Blizzard is not showing them in the game. It is clear from what happened with Xe'ra and Illidan that creatures were light-corrupted (can't think of a better term) forcibly.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lothraxion

One of the many things I hate about the story of Legion is how the Class campaigns hide story from people unless they run a character through it. Once you read/see those different stories you connect many of the dots that were kinda of brought out of no where otherwise.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    at the beginning of the questline illidan and velen talk about gaining the upper hand via surprise.
    Then why was the other ship immediately blasted out of the sky?

Getting buried wouldn't be fun, but a sense of danger would be. Most of the good books and movies I know about operating behind enemy lines involve more sneaking, ducking for cover, and watching for patrols. Blizz gives a nod to this with the new fel reaver and ship that flies overhead, but both are too easy to avoid. Imho, the game would be more fun if we had to sneak around Argus with our heads on swivels.

It would have been more logical from a narrative point of view if the Vindicaar was loaded up with elite troops on departure from Azeroth. It was just me, a cat druid and a handful of NPCs on my trip to Argus. Underwhelming.

They build the lore around what works best for gameplay if you haven't figured that out by now.

Literally everything is built around what works best for gameplay - ie the theme park worlds and contrived storylines.

They should have come up with a plausible explanation of why Argus is so vulnerable to an assault of a single spaceship created from scraps of a 1/5th of a Naaru vessel (Exodar used to be part of the Tempest Keep). They should have told us that all the main forces are far away busy with conquering other worlds and Argus has just the skeleton crew guarding it. Or something... Any semi-reasonable explanation would do. It's a shame they didn't bother with that.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Most of em are off to destroy some other planets and stuff, we werent the only ones under attack. Also as far as I understood, regenerating in twisting nether takes time for demons so, some which we have killed are still dead.
    As I understand it, on Argus, this is supposed to be their "final" death.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I agree it's ridiculous.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The army of light has been on Argus.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The problem here is how everyone who thinks we should be fighting billions of demons doesn't understand how war works. The Frontlines are not on Argus, they are on the worlds that the Legion is invading. For us, our frontline is on the Broken Isles, their point of invasion. What we have done is similar to what WW2 Paratroopers did: we are behind enemy lines, encountering much diminished forces while moving towards command points to take out the leaders of this threat. Of course they have some defenses, but compared to what would be on the main battlefront it is quite minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Because as the cinematic clearly shows, they knew the Xenedar was around somewhere on Argus, just hiding. We on the other hand were a surprise(Illidan showing Argus to Azeroth wasn't something they planned).

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I mean you're not wrong, did you also notice the hundreds of ships flying In the skies of Argus? Why aren't they bombarding us? Or better yet, going to Azeroth through that convenient portal Illidan made and bombard our capital cities, kill our families and children?

Not to mention, the quest where we destroy the Sentiax one of the Legion Ships just gets murdered by one holy flying machine, so why aren't we fighting the ships with that thing? Not to mention that quest has no challenge, you're literally on a rail and take NO DAMAGE, so where's the quest? Where's the difficulty? Even the casuals can't argue with that.

Hell, those Infernals should've been raining down long ago when the portal opened. During Warcraft 3 the Infernals -were- raining down and It felt scary and powerful, like they -were- legion. But where are they now? They sure didn't work this out much.

We shouldn't -have- shields, I didn't know we were playing Starcraft/Warhammer as a side note.

Realisticly, as a member of the Horde for example I'd be wondering "A -shield- you say? We should steal this technology and use this In our war against the Alliance! Once we start It, that Is" It's like, why not use such an advantage? Also why weren't Draenei then using shields like that during the war against the Horde? Too shy to share their super tech with the Alliance? That's quite the tech advantage to not use during the 4th war
    "we shouldent have shields" Tell that to priests,shaman, paladins and mages since vanilla, also death knights since Wrath

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You mean the thing we took from the ship that just got shot down?
    That was a gun, not a shield, you can see the shield active as soon as we get there, shots of fel hitting it and crashing into the shield
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You have defeated Gods, World breaking dragons, Titans, even a few gnomes!

I think sometimes its easy to forget just how powerful you are by now, sadly its technically impossible to show you slaying 1000 enemies with 1 swing of your axe.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I mean come on, ok, Warcraft 3 it was just Archimonde and it took a big effort to push him back, Outland they were coming through portals so we weren't facing all of them, Warlords once again they were in limited supply...but now, we're on ARGUS, their MAIN BASE, where even freaking Sargeras is! Or in contact with!

How are we with one ship, some magical fairy weapons and a bunch of heroes standing toe to toe with literally the infinite army of the Burning Legion which has taken over countless planets in countless universes?

It's fucking ridiculous! The moment we landed we should just have gotten crushed under like 100000 infernals dropping on us at the same time. Boom. End of Azeroth.
    It's not infinite. There's tons of them, yes. They come back to Antorus and get resurrected quickly if not permakilled, yes. But to reiterate, they're not infinite. They're also invading many other worlds at the same time as Azeroth. We're going to be visiting some of those worlds with the invasion points soon. We've annoyed them so they're sending more of the big names our way, but we're not their only objective. There's constant pressure on literally all of our existing footholds that we've unlocked so far, so it's not like they're not pushing back. But don't forget dead on Argus = permadead. The Legion has taken more permanent losses in the last... 5 years ingame I say than they've likely ever taken, starting with Illidan destroying Nathreza, then Archimonde gone for good, now Kil'jaeden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Not to mention, the quest where we destroy the Sentiax one of the Legion Ships just gets murdered by one holy flying machine, so why aren't we fighting the ships with that thing? Not to mention that quest has no challenge, you're literally on a rail and take NO DAMAGE, so where's the quest? Where's the difficulty? Even the casuals can't argue with that.
    One detail about that was, you're the player. When you get back to the questgiver when you're done he's astonished that you did a successful bombing run. And super mega astonished that he got the machine back in one piece. So no matter how trite and simple you found the mission, it was a big deal in lore. This guy's job is keeping those things running, being a draenei he's probably been doing it for centuries, and he's gushing praise at you for bringing the thing back in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    OP is right and the rest of you are making excuses.

The problem isn't that we didn't get overwhelmed it's that Blizzard is showing NO reason for us to win. We've seen dozens of Legion ships. Fighter ships patrol the Antorus reaches. The Paraxis wipes everything on the ground in its range. To counter this, we take ONE ship, the vaunted Army of Light apparently fits in one more... and it's credible that we win? Come on.
    You only think this because you STILL expect things from blizz today when it comes to the story.

Stop expecting it! that time has ended, if you continue to do so you will only be dissapointed every time!