Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sorry dude but im from sweden not the us, though im not an idiot who cant see that a few bad apples does not equal them all, i can actually understand that the media is at fault for blowing this cop thing way out of proportions. What about we start posting every single time they do good stuff? no? not fun playing that game as this forum would be flodded in seconds with those threads.
    you cant argue with elba, he is super set in his racist and hateful ways. prolly just some sort of parody account at this point.

but yeah, we could make so many more stories of every above and beyond things officers do, but they dont get as many clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Good luck breaking the morale of those who work on public service. You'll be sorry, not them.
    The only way this would affect your morale is if you are a racist yourself, scared of being fired.

Sorry dude but im from sweden
    So why argue with me?

What about we start posting every single time they do good stuff?
    You mean their job? What they are paid to do? You don't deserve a hand job for doing your job, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you cant argue with elba, he is super set in his racist and hateful ways. prolly just some sort of parody account at this point.

but yeah, we could make so many more stories of every above and beyond things officers do, but they dont get as many clicks.
    Hehe indeed though it is pretty fun chatting with him from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The only way this would affect your morale is if you are a racist yourself, scared of being fired.

So why argue with me?

You mean their job? What they are paid to do? You don't deserve a hand job for doing your job, lol.
    I would love to live in the us though, from everything ive seen it's one of the best places on this planet to live, then again i dont let the media scare me.

Doesn't matter if it was a joke, or sarcasm, it was inappropriate. Not to mention, noone ever argued cops only kill black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You mean like this cop here:

I have a forensic psychologist friend that worked for the federal prison system for 5 years. She evaluated prisoners...

But says there are three types of cops, cops that want to do good, Cops that like order (as in military style routines and rituals), and Cops that like power trips.

Guess which make up most of the cops she worked with?
    There is like a million cops in the us so yeah a very small minority still. I dont deny there are bad cops as there is in every single country on this planet minus Iceland perhaps everything seems so nice there but i do know the media have blown this cop hating thing way out of proportion.

Well, unlike popular belief, people befriend and love racist people too. A petty public show of "firing the racist" will sure piss some service man, especially when it is crystal clear that this is a sarcastic case.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of the firsts to jump into "fire the racist" band-wagon but this case is different. First, as I said, it's obviously sarcastic and second the guy is close to retirement. Firing him is nothing more than a petty attempt to ease the conscience of some people, in other words, a life-ruining damage control.

I would love to live in the us though, from everything ive seen it's one of the best places on this planet to live, then again i dont let the media scare me.
    If you're rich maybe. Thousands of homicides, no social security, no universal health care, draconian justice system with more people incarcerated than any other country, rampant militarization, deeply racist society... nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You mean like this cop here:

I have a forensic psychologist friend that worked for the federal prison system for 5 years. She evaluated prisoners...

But says there are three types of cops, cops that want to do good, Cops that like order (as in military style routines and rituals), and Cops that like power trips.

Guess which make up most of the cops she worked with?
    Lol, I love this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, unlike popular belief, people befriend and love racist people too. A petty public show of "firing the racist" will sure piss some service man, especially when it is crystal clear that this is a sarcastic case.
    Well, don't be friends with racists.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of the firsts to jump into "fire the racist" band-wagon but this case is different. First, as I said, it's obviously sarcastic and second the guy is close to retirement. Firing him is nothing more than a petty attempt to ease the conscience of some people, in other words, a life-ruining damage control.
    Racists deserve to have their lives ruined beyond repair. Guy deserves to lose his pension.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Doesn't matter if it was a joke, or sarcasm, it was inappropriate. Not to mention, noone ever argued cops only kill black people.
    Actually it does matter. Just like saying "I'm going to kill him for doing that" can be interpreted in different ways (expressing anger towards someone vs actually having an intent to kill someone).

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He was making a joke, *sigh*.
    Oh thank F**k...I was getting worried I was the only person that could see this from the way it was written, I didn't even need to hear the inflection in his voice as it almosts hits you in the face.....

Racists deserve to have their lives ruined beyond repair.
    I would love to hear your thoughts on White people. Your real thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I would love to hear your thoughts on White people. Your real thoughts.
    In what regard? We get sunburn real quick?

Well, don't be friends with racists.

Racists deserve to have their lives ruined beyond repair. Guy deserves to lose his pension.
    This is a poor way to combat racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Oh thank F**k...I was getting worried I was the only person that could see this from the way it was written, I didn't even need to hear the inflection in his voice as it almosts hits you in the face.....
    Yeah, I didn't expect to see such obviousness in the comment.

Although, it reminds me of Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, when he's getting into a heated argument and the guy says something like "You look at me and all you see is a N~", and then Andy goes right back with "Yeah, all I see is a N~"...

He still got burned for it though. When you're working with the "public" you have to be aware of the optics at all times.

Especially if you're carrying a gun... joking about killing people should probably be done *very* carefully.

sounds like it was just dark humor sarcasm.

reading the title of the thread, i was thinking this might actually be bad. but the context definitely makes me think this is pointless to get mad over.

Even though it was highly likely he was joking, he was fired, I'd still say he deserved it, end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    Actually it does matter. Just like saying "I'm going to kill him for doing that" can be interpreted in different ways (expressing anger towards someone vs actually having an intent to kill someone).
    No it doesn't, if you say something inappropriate on the job, there might be consequences. Making this kind of joke, in this specific situation was inappropriate, no way you look at it. Now I don't think he should've been fired, but that's not up to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

It really isn't. An officer of the law has no place making such comments.
    I like how you can be so black and white here and so grey area when it comes to literal violence and Antifa/Nazis.

No, it's a fucking comment. I'm sure you've said much, MUCH worse shit (literally every human being ever has definitely said something worse than just a sarcastic remark) and you/they aren't being fired from their jobs. That is so radical to ruin someone's life over a simple sarcastic joke, good lord. Do you also tell people to kill themselves for doing something even slightly selfish? Do you tell game developers that you pray for them to be fired/killed for making a decision in a game?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It was a joke to de-escalate the situation, but it was also a joke in very poor taste. It looks like he understands that wasn't acceptable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I like how you can be so black and white here and so grey area when it comes to literal violence and Antifa/Nazis.
    How am I being grey? Nazis are scum. Antifa are awesome. No grey here.

No, it's a fucking comment. I'm sure you've said much, MUCH worse shit (literally every human being ever has definitely said something worse than just a sarcastic remark) and you/they aren't being fired from their jobs.
    Don't think I have. I'm also not a cop. An officer of the law, sworn to uphold the peace and protect the citizens, imbued with awesome powers to kill and arrest.

A cop has no place making such a comment.

That is so radical to ruin someone's life over a simple sarcastic joke, good lord. Do you also tell people to kill themselves for doing something even slightly selfish? Do you tell game developers that you pray for them to be fired/killed for making a decision in a game?
    If it is just a joke than he is an idiot. Idiots shouldn't be cops either. Also, lol false equivalencies.

A cop being a horrific racist? I'm shocked.
    how the f is this racist? making fun of black people is racist? here let me help you in life

racist;
    noun: racist; plural noun: racists

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

adjective
    noun: racist; plural noun: racists; adjective: racist

showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another.

now explain how making a joke about how black people claim officers only kill them is racist. so many people like you out there mistaken and now have cost this poor guy his job over something really stupid (on your part and others to be offended).

- - - Updated - - -

How am I being grey? Nazis are scum. Antifa are awesome. No grey here.

Don't think I have. I'm also not a cop. An officer of the law, sworn to uphold the peace and protect the citizens, imbued with awesome powers to kill and arrest.

A cop has no place making such a comment.

If it is just a joke than he is an idiot. Idiots shouldn't be cops either. Also, lol false equivalencies.
    ahh i had no idea you were so illogical. really is nothing to be discussed with a person like you. enjoy that life of hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    sounds like it was just dark humor sarcasm.

reading the title of the thread, i was thinking this might actually be bad. but the context definitely makes me think this is pointless to get mad over.
    says everybody with common sense.