Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    - Quality of items is a complete joke now: common, rare, epic, legendary it doesn't mean anything ... everyone has these things.
    - Rare/hard to obtain mounts still exist in the game .. this is true. But you have to admit that these mounts are way less meaningful when everyone else cool mounts for free. How can you not agree with this
    - Completing a raid is definitely less prestigious and important when everyone else can also complete the raid on lower difficulties ... do you not agree with this either?

I don't even understand why I have to explain this to people it seems so obvious. Is it not obvious that prestige, immersion, accomplishment and community exist to a far lesser degree then they have existed in the past? It it not obvious that this is a problem that effects the vast majority of players? Is it not obvious that the game could be much better if these things were preserved?
    I said at the beginning of my reply that Prestige still exists, but it's less prevalent than it was before, and that's just the nature of the game being as old as it is. I mean- sure some people are completing their first Normal, Heroic or getting their first Cutting Edge, so this is a big deal for them and probably many others in the future.

Quality of Items hasn't meant anything for a long time, all Legion did was through Orange is the new Purple in the mix, and here we are. Orange items previously were the culmination of an entire teams work to help one person achieve a thing. Sometimes it was dps, sometimes it was healers. The thing they moved away from was taking that 'special moment' of orange-y goodness from a single person, and giving it to everyone. I feel like this has a mixed result depending on who you talk to, but this all comes down to personal perspective anyway- so there's no use really arguing it. Some love it, some hate it.

As of this post, I currently have just under 400 mounts on my main. I have a small selection of which I'm proud of, have memories attached to, or that I favor because it took 653 Al'akir kills to get. I don't know what mounts you're referring to as 'free', but in my opinion I couldn't give a single pickled fuck about what anyone else is rolling around on.

And I'm sorry, but just because people can clear a raid on Normal, that doesn't in anyway put them on the same playing field or even in the same stadium as the people that clear Mythic- they don't even see the same version of the final boss or many fights that Mythic raiders do, and I'm absolutely okay with that. Rolling around with Realm First titles and Achievements is an awesome feeling, and doesn't diminish the 'accomplishment' at all. If anything is diminishing the prestige of raiding, it's not the lower difficulties, it's Mythic raiders selling clears- which again, is something I'm fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Just sounds like you're looking for gratification from others tbh.

If you're good, you're good. You don't need others licking your butthole to prove it.
    This is seriously the impression I get whenever someone goes on about ''but elite players were looked up to!!''. Like, so what? Do you need a fanclub because you beat up a boss in a video game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Time really. Effort was minimal. I didn't really think any of that stuff mattered. It was just a game I played with friends back then. It is still a game i play with friends today. Nothing more in regards to my feelings of it.
    Time is effort. Most of the thing we do in life are a grind, they aren't hard to do they just take a lot of time and dedication, which is effort