Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I'm not ok with developers charging hundreds of dollars for access to all of a game's content. Nobody should be ok with it.
    Game prices haven't changed in like 15 years. It's either this, or the base game prices go up to match inflation. I'm pretty happy with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Did I say that? No, but even 350 isn't something they wanted.

In other news, other consoles including PC could easily have more digital downloads than Nintendo does.
    So are you calling Nintendo incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So are you calling Nintendo incompetent?
    "*Digital format sales include subscriptions, digital full games, digital add-on content, mobile apps and social network gaming" Just in case you missed that from the last post, since it kinda shoots a hole in those statistics.

And how the hell are you getting that out of "Maybe people on Nintendo prefer physical since they retain value"

i wouldve bought a 350 dollar version if it came with a 128gb micro sd card.

but i still say more base internal storage wouldve been too expensive/mess with form factor
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

but i still say more base internal storage wouldve been too expensive/mess with form factor
    And that doesn't even address the issue of "The internal storage isn't enough!" anyway if it comes with a micro, since you could easily just get one separately for cheaper even.

10+ Year Old Account
    "*Digital format sales include subscriptions, digital full games, digital add-on content, mobile apps and social network gaming" Just in case you missed that from the last post, since it kinda shoots a hole in those statistics.

And how the hell are you getting that out of "Maybe people on Nintendo prefer physical since they retain value"
    Just in case you missed it, Physical is falling behind to digital. Nintendo's online has been absolute trash for years. It has nothing to do with prefer, but rather Nintendo sucks at doing things online.

Maybe people who like Nintendo don't like voice chat. Thats a dumb statement because no Nintendo system has a good voice chat feature.

Also don't kid me with retain value. Once you open the damn thing its used and instantly drops in price.

And you have still proven you don't know how internal storage works. It wouldn't have compromised the form factor at all because it's tiny.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 05:37 AM.

So stepping up to 32gbs internal is actually huge in that regard.
    Should have atleast 1 TB to compete with PS4 Pro and XBOX

Just in case you missed it, Physical is falling behind to digital. Nintendo's online has been absolute trash for years. It has nothing to do with prefer, but rather Nintendo sucks at doing things online.

Maybe people who like Nintendo don't like voice chat. Thats a dumb statement because no Nintendo system has a good voice chat feature.
    Are you missing that digital is skewing the numbers by including things that aren't the actual game?

I mean, subscriptions? They're including WoW sub numbers at that point, along with things like "Buying card packs in Hearthstone".

And Nintendo's online has been lackluster yeah, but that doesn't affect the download speeds or buying games online, that's on par with other consoles, so it's silly to claim that their bad online would lead to people not buying digital games, especially when they have digital only games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Should have atleast 1 TB to compete with PS4 Pro and XBOX
    That would be literally overkill, and not even feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you missing that digital is skewing the numbers by including things that aren't the actual game?

I mean, subscriptions? They're including WoW sub numbers at that point, along with things like "Buying card packs in Hearthstone".

And Nintendo's online has been lackluster yeah, but that doesn't affect the download speeds or buying games online, that's on par with other consoles, so it's silly to claim that their bad online would lead to people not buying digital games, especially when they have digital only games.
    How much do you think its being skewed? Not by much.
    It kinda affects the ease of wanting to actually use online features. Clunky, poorly optimized, not very good. It was a jab at your point because its bad. Just because its Tendo does not mean you prefer physical or digital. The entire industry is switching to digital being more dominant, why is Nintendo an outlier here?

What market researcher is going to the CEO of Nintendo and is saying "physical games are the future, thus do not invest in any online infrastructure"?

The one that should not have a job.

They're clearly not pointless garbage if basically every other gaming related thing alive has adapted them.
    Achievements arw literally pointless garbage that servw only to artificislly lenghten games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements arw literally pointless garbage that servw only to artificislly lenghten games.
    His point is he likes them, thus they are equal to storage despite the fact that game storage affects game development and achievements really dont.

How much do you think its being skewed? Not by much.
    It kinda affects the ease of wanting to actually use online features. Clunky, poorly optimized, not very good. It was a jab at your point because its bad. Just because its Tendo does not mean you prefer physical or digital. The entire industry is switching to digital being more dominant, why is Nintendo an outlier here?

What market researcher is going to the CEO of Nintendo and is saying "physical games are the future, thus do not invest in any online infrastructure"?

The one that should not have a job.
    "Not by much"?

Candy Crush alone dude.
    Candy Crush is all I have to say. It's being skewed heavily.

Not really. When achievements give you goals to reach that you wouldn't normally do (Like InFamous and its achievements for example, that cause you to have to take out enemies in a certain way that you normally wouldn't even bother to), they add a layer of skill for those who want to pursue it. If they're pointless to you, that's nice, but you can ignore them, and clearly it's not true when you have people who play games literally just to 100% the achievements.

Hell, I know Jtbrig loves to come to pick on Nintendo, I'm sure he'd agree with me on achievements being a huge benefit at least.

His point is he likes them, thus they are equal to storage despite the fact that game storage affects game development and achievements really dont.
    Achievements affect player enjoyment, but let's downplay that because you don't like them? You can work around the storage issue, or never encounter it at the moment by buying physical (And deciding sports games suck anyway).

You literally can't do anything about the achievement issue though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your phone doesn't even come close to what the Switch has internally though. It's not even the same comparison.
    The problem is it kind of doesn't... The better comparison would be to a tablet due to form factor anyways. The only thing that's there that's extra is the active fan to cool the SoC. The SoC in question is pretty bad, Tegra X1. The A57 CPUs are power hungry and inefficient for one. The 256 Maxwell CCs have been beaten by efficiency and graphical performance by Qualcomm's Adreno 540 with lower frequency. Arguably they could've not have an active fan if they went with a far more efficient SoC, but SD835 is way more expensive.

Even then, NANDs don't really change in physical size going higher up in capacity so long as you stick with just one module, it'll just only cost more per module of course due to capacity.
    Still, there are other solutions albeit more expensive.
    BGA SSDs are a consideration but that will definitely increase price by a lot.
    have you seen hdds before genn? theyre pretty big, theyre also fragile and break easily.

they shouldve included at the bare minimum a 32 gb sd card to start people out but theres no way they shouldve put an hdd in there. the minute someone dropped theyre switch it would be worthless.

you can put an hdd in a pc or a console because it doesnt go anywhere, it stays where it is majority of the time.

try accidentally dropping your ps4 and see how well that 1tb hard drive holds up
    Look up BGA SSD for size and capacity.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-09-02 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Not by much"?

Candy Crush alone dude.
    Candy Crush is all I have to say. It's being skewed heavily.

Not really. When achievements give you goals to reach that you wouldn't normally do (Like InFamous and its achievements for example, that cause you to have to take out enemies in a certain way that you normally wouldn't even bother to), they add a layer of skill for those who want to pursue it. If they're pointless to you, that's nice, but you can ignore them, and clearly it's not true when you have people who play games literally just to 100% the achievements.

Hell, I know Jtbrig loves to come to pick on Nintendo, I'm sure he'd agree with me on achievements being a huge benefit at least.
    Ah of course, physical copies are totally the future and not digital. Must be my mistake.

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/0...on-launch-day/

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/25/15...n-call-of-duty
    And its not cause of walmart sales.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/02/dig...-2016-says-ea/
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-09-02 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh please stop pretending it would suddenly skyrocket. It wouldn't.

If a console can remain at a healthy price with a huge 1TB HDD then Nintendo can easily throw a 128GB micro storage in.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ult...128gb+micro+sd

128 GB one right there. Add that into the cost of a Switch you have the same if not just a tiny bit more than a 1TB PS4.
    People are already saying Switch costs too much. That would drive it price near to 400 €.

- - - Updated - - -

even my 3ds came with an sd card. it wasnt very big, but it still came with one.
    3DS has no internal memory besides System NAND. It needed the SD card to function.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-09-02 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The problem is it kind of doesn't... The better comparison would be to a tablet due to form factor anyways. The only thing that's there that's extra is the active fan to cool the SoC. The SoC in question is pretty bad, Tegra X1. The A57 CPUs are power hungry and inefficient for one. The 256 Maxwell CCs have been beaten by efficiency and graphical performance by Qualcomm's Adreno 540 with lower frequency.

Even then, NANDs don't really change in physical size going higher up in capacity so long as you stick with just one module, it'll just only cost more per module of course due to capacity.
    Still, there are other solutions albeit more expensive.
    BGA SSDs are a consideration but that will definitely increase price by a lot.

Look up BGA SSD for size and capacity.
    I know that post might have put it badly, but I know for sure the size wouldn't have changed with extra space, I meant the price of everything inside of the Switch total and what not.

Admittedly, as you know, I don't know much on the actual technical side of that. Nice to learn though of course.

Ah of course, physical copies are totally the future and not digital. Must be my mistake.

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/0...on-launch-day/

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/25/15...n-call-of-duty
    And its not cause of walmart sales.
    Yet again...has nothing to do with Nintendo. Also, Fallout 4 was on PC at launch date too, where it's digital only.

None of that is changing that maybe on Nintendo's end, they're not seeing their digital sales as something that's popular. Hell, that article doesn't even prove that FO4 sold more digital on consoles over physical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that post might have put it badly, but I know for sure the size wouldn't have changed with extra space, I meant the price of everything inside of the Switch total and what not.

Admittedly, as you know, I don't know much on the actual technical side of that. Nice to learn though of course.

Yet again...has nothing to do with Nintendo. Also, Fallout 4 was on PC at launch date too, where it's digital only.

None of that is changing that maybe on Nintendo's end, they're not seeing their digital sales as something that's popular. Hell, that article doesn't even prove that FO4 sold more digital on consoles over physical.
    It has plenty to do with Nintendo. Youre making assumptions. You are assuming that Nintendo is unaffected by trends that impact their industry. Please, tell me, did you buy the season pass for Zelda?

How about the DLC characters and stages for Smash?
    The tracks for Mario Kart 8?

Nintendo is a video game company. they are in the video game industry. What impacts that industry, impacts Nintendo.

It has plenty to do with Nintendo. Youre making assumptions. You are assuming that Nintendo is unaffected by trends that impact their industry. Please, tell me, did you buy the season pass for Zelda?

How about the DLC characters and stages for Smash?
    The tracks for Mario Kart 8?
    You're linking articles that are talking about sales where things are only digital, and then trying to say "Well, look, that must mean it affects consoles also!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You're linking articles that are talking about sales where things are only digital, and then trying to say "Well, look, that must mean it affects consoles also!"
    Except they are. Are you really going to argue that digital sales are not increasing? Are you really going to debate that its going up by huge margins every quarter?

Nintendo is a company. They are a video game company. They are in the video game industry. They are impacted by the industry as much as they impact the industry.

BTW. I am starting to see a huge irony in your little "bible thumbing" comment about me earlier.