Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Whats wrong with nostalgia?

Seriously, I don't find what people see offensive in people enjoying the better days of wow, it brings me so much sadness and nostalgia going back to the old zones of wow, and listening to to the music of the old zones, remembering the good times and bad i had within them.

current wow just doesn't give that feeling anymore, its a soulless copy of a once great game, much like wow is a copy of the good times, the society of today has changed so much since i started gaming back in the early 2000's wow is nothing like it once was, i just want to go back to how it was in 2006, logging in for a day playing wow, doing questlines, immersing myself in the lore, wishing i could once be the hero that this tier 2 warrior was, fighting alliance, raiding ragnaros and molten core, it's just not the same as it was.

seriously seeing horde fighting alliance as i was leveling stunned me and i wanted to join them but knew i wasnt powerful enough, i aspired to be like them and join them in battle.

I wish someday it would return to how it was, I just know it never will and i will forever have these memories inside my brain, it just seems all so far away it's hard to understand and i cant accpet it, i miss the days of old so much, i am getting old now and i just cant accept the change this once great game is anymore, i keep returning to wow hoping to see the day vanilla or classic servers are relased but it just doesnt come, i cling on to the once great memorys i once have of this game and they will never go from me, i love wow and i hate the current game of today and wish someday it will comeback, the adventure, the journey, the awe of it all, it seems so far away and so hollow to what i witnessed in the days

I will be banned because I love the old version of this game, and i wont deny it. its just a shame blizzard didnt see that too before they allowed Activision to destroy this once great game, ill never accept it, they destroyed this game for money and if you dont see that you are blind, i cant bear seeing the game in in its current state as an old veteran of wow and if you enjoy this trash wow has become then shame on you is all i will say, this game is simply a shadow of what it once was.

seriously just watch pvp movies from now and then and you can cleary see how shit this game has become:

I literally want wow to die now so i can live with the good times i had with this game, and not see it suffer in the shadows as it does today, it is such a joke to see this game as bad as it currently is and to see people appreciating this absolute trash activision-blizzard have came up with.

its almost as if activision said to blizzard, here take the game and its assets, casualise the game as much as you can and try to build a decent sub base from old wow lore and the foundations the original devs bult this game upon.

TBC AMAZING PVP

LAUGHABLE LEGION PVP

it's fucking laughable.

I Will be banned, thats just the way it is on this forum, they hate nostalgia and anything to do with classic wow, but fail to see the reality of it all.

The caption of the second video says it all about retail wow.

goodbye.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-09-02 at 07:20 AM.

"It's just nostalgia" is a weird position to take when dismissing the opinion that some element of the game was better in the past. It's sort of buying into the idea that every single iteration of this game has improved on the previous one, that game developers are immune to missteps.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    "It's just nostalgia" is a weird position to take when dismissing the opinion that some element of the game was better in the past. It's sort of buying into the idea that every single iteration of this game has improved on the previous one, that game developers are immune to missteps.
    Nostalgia could also prevent players from seeing flaws in a game from the past. People are nostalgic to vanilla wow and want it back, but they ignore all the huge flaws it had because they remember having fun in the game when it was a fresh and new genre.

Nostalgia was great when I was a kid, but these days it just doesn't do it for me any more.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No need to beat around the bush, you really only made this thread to talk shit about current WoW. Nothing to do with nostalgia.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No need to beat around the bush, you really only made this thread to talk shit about current WoW. Nothing to do with nostalgia.
    so you enjoy the absolute trash that current wow is, then shame on you sonshine because you clearly arent old enough are lclever enough to understand how great this game once was. bye.

i enjoy the satisfaction of knowing for a fact that what i say is right, and the admins on this forum hate it so they ban me because they cant accpet the truth. maybe they are jelopus of the people who played this game when it was fucking good and not the absolute trash of a joke of current wow. its fucking laugable how shit this game is now. rest in trash current wow, you absolute disaster of a game.

this generation of gamers i depise, i hate this little cancerous community of gamers we have today, entitiled little scumbags, growing up with mobile phones and social status, fuck off you absolute cancers. you dont understand how it was to live back in the day. and how gamign once was. it used to be about companys loving what they done, not catering to the masses of canceous kids like we have today. fuck off.

Infracted: Trolling and flaming in the last paragraph and throughout the rest of the thread. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-09-02 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    so you enjoy the absolute trash that current wow is, then shame on you sonshine because you clearly arent old enough are lclever enough to understand how great this game once was. bye.
    3 years of complaining about WoW and you still go with personal insults, and you wonder why you get banned?

Nothing is wrong with it. Don't let players ruin your nostalgic feelings towards earlier WoW expansions or Vanilla. Most of them even haven't played it.

For me Vanilla, TBC and the first weeks of Cataclysm (pre-nerf) are the best versions of WoW. And yes, I remember all the chores in Vanilla and TBC and I'd still prefer them anyday and anytime over the recent status of WoW.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    I come to this forum and all i see it people talking about "lore" are you fucking kidding me, the devs feed from the lore from 2002 when warcraft was released, when was the last time u saw a genuine villan from wow lore, not killed of in some shit alternate universe or brung back from the dead because blizzard, oh i mean activison couldnt think of anything better, fuck off.

Deleted
    Sometimes people can be blind to certain things because of nostalgia, but to dismiss all criticism by saying "it's just nostalgia that you like this particular expansion" is stupid, too.

Nothing wrong with Nostalgia, dunno why you have to hate on people who still enjoy the game though.

I come to this forum and all i see it people talking about "lore" are you fucking kidding me, the devs feed from the lore from 2002 when warcraft was released, when was the last time u saw a genuine villan from wow lore, not killed of in some shit alternate universe or brung back from the dead because blizzard, oh i mean activison couldnt think of anything better, fuck off.
    oh yeah tbc lore was the pinnacle of good lore,vannila too with who the fuck is this nefarian
    Bitch Pls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    oh yeah tbc lore was the pinnacle of good lore,vannila too with who the fuck is this nefarian
    tbc was the literal pinnacle of wow you idiot, it continued on from vanilla wow lore and allowed the villain of wow to thrive and bought the game so much success, i don't know how you dare diss TBC you little scrumbag when this game wouldnt exist without it. this game lives from tbc and vanillas legacy literally. enjoy playing a dead souless version of wow that no one cares about, sonshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Nostalgia could also prevent players from seeing flaws in a game from the past. People are nostalgic to vanilla wow and want it back, but they ignore all the huge flaws it had because they remember having fun in the game when it was a fresh and new genre.
    And people always say this like private servers don't exist and we can't still experience the game as it was. We remember having fun, and many of those who have gone and tried private servers still had fun, even now so many years later.

Yes, it did some things wrong, but it also did many right, and there is nothing wrong with wanting what one thinks it did right to come back.

Before anyone comes in with "then just play on a private server then", you do realize static content can only last so long, right? People don't want the content of Vanilla back, they want some of it's design philosophy to make a return. Things felt like they mattered more back then, it's hard for things to feel like they mater when we're now basically gods.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    goodbye.
    You confuse your love for vanilla and nostalgia with your incessant willingness to break the rules... one is ban worthy, the other is not. You earn your bans for breaking the rules.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

tbc was the literal pinnacle of wow you idiot, it continued on from vanilla wow lore and allowed the villain of wow to thrive and bought the game so much success, i don't know how you dare diss TBC you little scrumbag when this game wouldnt exist without it. this game lives from tbc and vanillas legacy,
    How are you this butthurt over a game?

10+ Year Old Account

i enjoy the satisfaction of knowing for a fact that what i say is right, and the admins on this forum hate it so they ban me because they cant accpet the truth. maybe they are jelopus of the people who played this game when it was fucking good and not the absolute trash of a joke of current wow. its fucking laugable how shit this game is now. rest in trash current wow, you absolute disaster of a game.

this generation of gamers i depise, i hate this little cancerous community of gamers we have today, entitiled little scumbags, growing up with mobile phones and social status, fuck off you absolute cancers. you dont understand how it was to live back in the day. and how gamign once was. it used to be about companys loving what they done, not catering to the masses of canceous kids like we have today. fuck off.
    ^^ This is why you get banned... not because you love Vanilla Wow.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

tbc was the literal pinnacle of wow you idiot, it continued on from vanilla wow lore and allowed the villain of wow to thrive and bought the game so much success, i don't know how you dare diss TBC you little scrumbag when this game wouldnt exist without it. this game lives from tbc and vanillas legacy,
    bro tbc shitted on warcraft 3 lore with illidan and kael thas disney villain
    Bitch Pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Activision to destroy this once great game
    Stop, just stop. Activision does not control or own Blizzard, Activision Blizzard acts as a holding company, an umbrella under which Blizz and Acti both sit apart, that's it, they have no say in each other's game design, they are completely separate companies, they just publish under the same title.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-02 at 06:49 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^ more of why you get banned.