Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    And people always say this like private servers don't exist and we can't still experience the game as it was. We remember having fun, and many of those who have gone and tried private servers still had fun, even now so many years later.

Yes, it did some things wrong, but it also did many right, and there is nothing wrong with wanting what one thinks it did right to come back.

Before anyone comes in with "then just play on a private server then", you do realize static content can only last so long, right? People don't want the content of Vanilla back, they want some of it's design philosophy to make a return. Things felt like they mattered more back then, it's hard for things to feel like they mater when we're now basically gods.
    people want vanilla content or else those elite realms blizz said they could do it would not have suffered such huge backleash
    Bitch Pls

The PvP is worse, I give you that, but probably that's all... though the PvE is not the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    people want vanilla content or else those elite realms blizz said they could do it would not have suffered such huge backleash
    How unfortunate, they aren't going to get it. Pretty much the best chance of ever getting vanilla servers was pissed away by the folks that ran that one server then after meeting with Blizzard they released their code in a temper tantrum to spite Blizzard.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "elite"(pristine) realms suffered backlash because they didn't actually change anything.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    so you enjoy the absolute trash that current wow is, then shame on you sonshine because you clearly arent old enough are lclever enough to understand how great this game once was. bye.
    Well, personal opinions is what matters, you don't like it others do. Tough. Maybe you can't handle that.

FYI, it was 'that great' back then either. Nostalgia blinds people from the errors.

i enjoy the satisfaction of knowing for a fact that what i say is right,
    No, you enjoy the satisfaction in believing you are right. It is about opinions and yours is shared with others, just like other opinions are shared.

and the admins on this forum hate it so they ban me because they cant accpet the truth. maybe they are jelopus of the people who played this game when it was fucking good and not the absolute trash of a joke of current wow. its fucking laugable how shit this game is now. rest in trash current wow, you absolute disaster of a game.
    Or maybe the ban you because your threads turns out overly hostile together with your attitude and posting history. I could find out but I shouldn't be needed to do. You aren't and have never been banned for being nostalgic - unless of course, you necro threads continuously.

You are permitted your own opinions but really, your method is just highlighting reasons of troublesome posting.

And before you start, been playing about 1 month of the classic beta + played since launch. We all have different things we enjoy from this game. I enjoyed the time then as I do now. I am not blinded enough by nostalgia to demand to go back though.

this generation of gamers i depise, i hate this little cancerous community of gamers we have today, entitiled little scumbags, growing up with mobile phones and social status, fuck off you absolute cancers. you dont understand how it was to live back in the day. and how gamign once was. it used to be about companys loving what they done, not catering to the masses of canceous kids like we have today. fuck off.
    And this right here, is why you get banned most likely. Not even going to answer, as you are what the gaming world would consider as just as problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The "elite"(pristine) realms suffered backlash because they didn't actually change anything.
    They did, they just didn't offer what people wanted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There's nothing wrong with nostalgia. I'm a very nostalgic person.

The problem is that is seems to often be connected to anti-intellectualism, where facts and objectivity go out of the window, and then it becomes very annoying.

The fundamental issue is that people, in classic fashion, are unable of any kind of introspection. They don't understand that nostalgic feelings have a lot to do with the circumstances at the time, one's own state of mind and perception of things. They don't understand that looking back, we often have simplified and idealized memories of the past. I guess it's natural for humans to quickly look for signs of external change - it's a survival instinct - and always look around for "the culprit", but the lack of self-awareness is annoying at times. They can only tell they're unhappy, but they're not able to backtrack their own impulses.

The other thing is the fixation. Just because you miss something that was great, it doesn't have to mean that the other thing that's here now isn't good. But people absolutely render themselves unable to see things from the right perspective, and recognize things for what they are, because they're stuck in this infinite loop they brooded themselves into. It's blindness.

And frankly, OP, you're a prime example - you virtually don't know what you're talking about. It's evident in how you carry yourself - the ridiculous, melodramatic victim-playing shows that. You hate this and despise that, you're gonna get banned, they're after you because you know the truth, the whole generation is doomed.

You're a stranger to yourself, and will always find ways to make yourself unhappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, the two aren't always the same. Rather pristine than go back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    How unfortunate, they aren't going to get it. Pretty much the best chance of ever getting vanilla servers was pissed away by the folks that ran that one server then after meeting with Blizzard they released their code in a temper tantrum to spite Blizzard.
    Blizzard never had any intention of making vanilla servers, inviting them out to talk was a PR stunt, they knew it, nost knew it, and they both knew the other knew it. Releasing the code wasn't a temper tantrum, it was logical, there was nothing to lose from doing it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    There's nothing wrong with nostalgia. I'm a very nostalgic person.

The problem is that is seems to often be connected to anti-intellectualism, where facts and objectivity go out of the window, and then it becomes very annoying.

The fundamental issue is that people, in classic fashion, are unable of any kind of introspection. They don't understand that nostalgic feelings have a lot to do with the circumstances at the time, one's own state of mind and perception of things. They don't understand that looking back, we often have simplified and idealized memories of the past. I guess it's natural for humans to quickly look for signs of external change - it's a survival instinct - and always look around for "the culprit", but the lack of self-awareness is annoying at times. They can only tell they're unhappy, but they're not able to backtrack their own impulses.

The other thing is the fixation. Just because you miss something that was great, it doesn't have to mean that the other thing that's here now isn't good. But people absolutely render themselves unable to see things from the right perspective, and recognize things for what they are, because they're stuck in this infinite loop they brooded themselves into. It's blindness.

And frankly, OP, you're a prime example - you virtually don't know what you're talking about. It's evident in how you carry yourself - the ridiculous, melodramatic victim-playing shows that. You hate this and despise that, you're gonna get banned, they're after you because you know the truth, the whole generation is doomed.

You're a stranger to yourself, and will always find ways to make yourself unhappy.
    Ugh, the moment someone else makes a better post and one feels like deleting one's own answer.. Hah

/hug

Deleted
    Seriously, I don't find what people see offensive in people enjoying the better days of wow,
    I would say the fact that your subjectivism is clouded by nostalgia enough to make a statement as stupid as this without realising that what you're doing is what's wrong with nostalgia.

I Will be banned, thats just the way it is on this forum, they hate nostalgia and anything to do with classic wow, but fail to see the reality of it all.
    Or it could be the fact that every thread you've ever made is an extension of "I think old WoW is better but I'm not smart enough to understand what an opinion is so I parade them around like factual gospel"

Seriously. Look at your thread history. They are all about the same topic. You're not unique in your views so why do you need multiple threads to bring across the same tired, drawn out point?
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-09-02 at 07:03 AM.

People tend to forget all the negative aspects and are not rational about it. If Vanilla came out today it would crash and burn faster than you could say "Sargeras".

Whats wrong with Nostalgia?

Blizzard milking the "TBC was the best expansion" bull which is a load of horse shite since the vast majority will tell you Wrath was better.

Blizzards obsession with the TBC approach to wow lately with WoD+Legion aka: Raiding 1% Mythics and hard content>Casual players is just, not, healthy.

Also for some bizzare reason they thought we all like diablo since RNG has become their unhealthy obsession lately too.

In short, rose tinted goggles are a bad idea, try cleaning them and wearing something different for a change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, you won't get banned over that. But telling people to fuck off and just throwing around abuse is what will get you banned.

Be mature next time and people might take your arguments seriously.
    i will be banned, because the admins dont like me for talking about vanilla wow, i dont care. i laugh at seeing some of the topics on this forum talking about lore, its actually a cringe, i come to this forum to start a actual descussion rather than white night blizzard, mate i have played blizzard games since 2000, this company used to be great, it simply isnnt anymore. thats my opinion and im sticking with it, they used to make games for people to enjoy, not make games for the masses to pay for, they relyed on overwatch to be some superstar game that everyone streamed and talked about, turns out its faded into obscurtity much like blizzard has itself, i enjoy seeing them suffer for what they have done to wow.

i come to this forum to start a actual descussion
    You've never once done that in the history of you being here.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

i will be banned, because the admins dont like me for talking about vanilla wow, i dont care. i laugh at seeing some of the topics on this forum talking about lore, its actually a cringe, i come to this forum to start a actual descussion rather than white night blizzard, mate i have played blizzard games since 2000, this company used to be great, it simply isnnt anymore. thats my opinion and im sticking with it, they used to make games for people to enjoy, not make games for the masses to pay for, they relyed on overwatch to be some superstar game that everyone streamed and talked about, turns out its faded into obscurtity much like blizzard has itself, i enjoy seeing them suffer for what they have done to wow.
    good thing blizz is fine
    Bitch Pls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You've never once done that in the history of you being here.
    so youd rather talk about topics like how many days/ played you have or halo world argus, or patch 8.0 speculation, fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, You dont 'discuss'... you attack anyone that doesn't agree with you. And as your attacks ramp up people get tired of it and the moderators step in because you cant be bothered to follow the rules which leads to you getting banned. Blizzard isn't suffering anything, they are making games and making money... YOU are suffering because your tantrums dont get you what you want.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

so youd rather talk about topics like how many days/ played you have or halo world argus, or patch 8.0 speculation, fuck off.
    Yes, I'd rather talk about the future of WoW and the current content that has come to it. Oh the horrors. Fuck on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes, I'd rather talk about the future of WoW and the current content that has come to it. Oh the horrors. Fuck on
    wow will never be good again or relevant until vanilla servers are released, fuck on

wow will never be good again or relevant until vanilla servers are released, fuck on
    WoW is still pretty relevant, whatcha talking about?