Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    I feel great, how about you?

Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    This game was Casual since day one. Move on already.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I'd like to see your evidence of this claim.
    I'd like to see you find 20 people who would legitimately slam their face against a boss 500 times for absolutely no reward. Zip. Zilch. None. No loot. No achievements. Nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I thought mythic raiding is its own reward and now I see the usual lootwhore arguments take place all over again. I think its fine that they give everyone equal gear. He who wants to do mythics will do their mythics. Everyone else can just play their own game. Since our worlds dont meet I don't see why you whine.
    The problem is when you need to mixmax gear and need to do ALL the content that gives 930+ gear for bis shit. If you have invasions, nm/hc titanforgeds, m+ and all taht shit you end by having excesive content to grind through. Gear has to have some limitations.

I hopped on and bought a token with gold. Played around a bit the past few days, this isn't an mmo, or even original WoW anymore. I keep waiting for a good expansion to drop and I can come back but It's not going to happen. The catch ups are too much, gotta suck for people who put time in this expansion. I can see catch ups and massive power jumps expansion-wise but every patch it's just too much. And more time gates in a game with a box price and a sub. I keep trying to like it. Shit's just insulting.

Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    Go. Play. Another. Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I'd like to see you find 20 people who would legitimately slam their face against a boss 500 times for absolutely no reward. Zip. Zilch. None. No loot. No achievements. Nothing.
    Ehm, buddy, I hate to break it to ya, but most BiS items actually come from m+. We barely needed anything from the raid when we started mythic, never mind now.

Stop assuming stuff and pretending it's a fact just because it's convenient for your "point".

Ah the good old "we do it for the challenge not the purps" line.

If mythic raids gave no loot not a single person would set foot in it.
    Thats not what i'm saying though, gear will always be a factor and why, because its needed to progress yourself, you can be the best player in the world but in a bunch of starter greens you arent going to get anything done.

The point i'm making is that gear should (and it still won't be for everyone) be a secondary reward while working towards a progression goal, wether it be killing Mythic KJ, Heroic KJ of working towards for example a PVP title should be the main goal, and then after accomplishing that goal gear gets to be a prime reward again during farm, to get ready as best you can for the next raid or next PVP season. Gear is absolutely important in this game, but in the end its nothing more than a tool to get stuff done, just as much as you need a hammer, a saw and some nails to make a wooden fence.

mythic dgs count as endgame too so its fine and invasions are endgame too
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    You could give a casual-nubcake full 955 gear: They will still pull less dps than a healer - Gear doesn't mean shit to at least 90% of the game: Shit players are shit players
    This, unfortunately. Most people pull like 30% of the dps their gear and spec is capable of...at best.

- - - Updated - - -

edited: also the real answer to the OP is that the gear we are getting in this patch is designed to compete with gear from the next raid, not the current raid. Since we'll have this raid for a few more weeks, and the next raid for a half year, it was a smart move to nerf current content organically and prepare us for the next raid. More exciting this way....obviously.

Since WoD, rewards are completely disconnected with skills+effort. Enjoy world of casualcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    This game was Casual since day one. Move on already.
    If vannila was casual then Legion is what? Super casual? Ultra mega easy super casual? We need new word for todays casual term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    This, unfortunately. Most people pull like 30% of the dps their gear and spec is capable of...at best.

- - - Updated - - -

edited: also the real answer to the OP is that the gear we are getting in this patch is designed to compete with gear from the next raid, not the current raid. Since we'll have this raid for a few more weeks, and the next raid for a half year, it was a smart move to nerf current content organically and prepare us for the next raid. More exciting this way....obviously.
    Actualy this isnt truth at all becouse Blizzard guted specs from skill. Atles for mage there is no way you can play it wrong even when you are new. Game clearly tells you what to push and with such low amounth of spells you cant really do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If vannila was casual then Legion is what? Super casual? Ultra mega easy super casual? We need new word for todays casual term.

- - - Updated - - -

Actualy this isnt truth at all becouse Blizzard guted specs from skill. Atles for mage there is no way you can play it wrong even when you are new. Game clearly tells you what to push and with such low amounth of spells you cant really do wrong.
    Vanilla had plenty casual players. Very few people raided and since that was the only "hardcore" content I'd go out on a limb amd say about 90% of the player base consisted of casual players, not unlike today
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-02 at 11:18 AM.

this game has been casual trash since patch 4.3 tf r u on lol

Gear is a mean not an end, a bad player with good gear does nothing, as long as good players have a reliable way to get gear (and they do, i don't know any mythic raider craving for gear right now) it's not an issue

Also you don't need rng or exceptionnal gear to clear content, the first mythic bosses are doable with 910-915 ilvl, the later ones with 925-930 ilvl, pretty much anyone is overgeared for the content they're doing at this point, no matter the "rng"

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Gear is a mean not an end
    Allow me to correct you here: Gear should be a means to an end. If a game's content has enough replay value this will be the case, if not (like WoW) gear quickly becomes and end. This is quite logical since people rush quickly through the little content devs make. Without the carrot on the stick, most players wouldn't endure doing the same old stuff over and over again.

Enjoy your free loot with shitty stats

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I see people complaining about "casuals" on a reg basis, The "casuals" paying $15 a month is what helps make it possible to have new Mythic raid content for those of us that do it.
    Casuals should be paying $1500/month, but won't be able to play the game because they have no investment. In order to keep them playing, hardcore guilds will send them thank-you notes for subsidizing great raid content. However, no one should get a thank-you note just mailed to them, so there won't actually be thank-you notes.

Deleted

930 is nothing.

Useless thread about a non-existant problem.

...how would removing loot also remove achievements, exactly?