Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a pro-flier so I always will prefer the freedom and enjoyment flying brings regardless of how a zone is designed, but goblin gliders and the right class makes Argus bearable. However the mini-map incl the map is shit, hard to see, and I'm not sure why they made it so lacking in the first place. Then the treasures, some of them are really trolling you hard at times.

Anyway, I'm doing Argus on 4 characters atm and by this point in time I can tunnelvision the hell out of the place on 3 of them, and since I've been around the place a lot I sort of know where and how to go. Oh and trash mobs - whats that? I just run through them. This is due to class - Paladin(916), Rogue(900) and Warlock(870). Have yet to be dismounted on my Paladin. Rogues can vanish and Warlocks just loldot if dismounted, leave pet with the mobs and runs until you loose the aggro - nothing can kill you, it's amazing how strong that class is.. I HATE doing it on my Shaman(893) though, Jesus Christ such a weak and squishy class, and in zones like that it just... Annoying af, to put it mildly - hadn't it been my Jewel crafting char I would've just stopped taking it there.
    I genuinely feel sorry for all those that are stuck with classes that don't do Argus well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    That is good to know. The tool tip says prevents player from being dazed while mounted in the Broken Isles.
    Didn't work on the PTR a little while ago, according to testers. Argus is not the Broken Isles. I've been searching for an update, but haven't been able to find anything yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Erm.. you must be new around here, or new to this debate, at least. It's the cornerstone of many, many people's anti-flying arguments, and has been from the start.
    Which is complete and utter garbage, considering they're the first ones to admit that they're willing to sacrifice their immersion the millisecond flight is available because it's more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    I genuinely feel sorry for all those that are stuck with classes that don't do Argus well.
    Should Blizzard really be designing open world content that's cake for one class, but a hellpit of wasted time and frustration for another?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    We're in a war with our greatest enemy and we've invaded their stronghold. Their base of operations.

It should feel like we're fighting to get from point A to point B.
    but we are not fighthing to get from poin A to B - we are just ewasting time runing around mountainst to get from A to B while ignoring eveyr single mob unless they drop you down from mount. in this case aoe them in 3 second it takes to do bombardment from vindicar (since its not instant if it was we would instant kill them not in 3 seconds ) and run further.

its just one huge waste of time which is offputing for most of people

shit design is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Stonehide Leather Barding. But apparently it only works in the Broken Shores and not on Argus. Not sure if this is an oversight or working as intended.
    Well, the tooltip for it say it works on the Broken Isles. Some people have stated that it is working fine for them on Argus. Going to use it myself and see if it works or not.

Argus is like a wet fart to the face when you are trying to enjoy the summer breeze. Pass.

I haven't had a problem with it at all, sounds like it's the player's problem, not Blizzard.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i bought legion a few days ago and so far have been unimpressed but i'm gonna give it an honest chance. the terrain is certainly a big turn off as navigating stormheim has/isn't even remotely enjoyable. we'll see about some other zones but thus far i havent been impressed

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i bought legion a few days ago and so far have been unimpressed but i'm gonna give it an honest chance. the terrain is certainly a big turn off as navigating stormheim has/isn't even remotely enjoyable. we'll see about some other zones but thus far i havent been impressed
    Other than when a zone is flat, when is navigation ever "enjoyable"? The flight whistle made pre-flight legion tolerable. If you're not impressed so far, bear in mind that you have bypassed about a thousand timegates and timesinks that have been removed, though every time they do, they've added new ones to take their place so you will certainly get to share in the "fun".

Huge pro-flyer here. I really didn't mind the ground mount portion of the first zone. Only a couple bottlenecks with too many mobs spawning too quickly. That problem will only be exacerbated as time goes on and fewer people are in some of these areas.

When I got to the second area, it wasn't that bad either. Finished up the first week of questing but didn't start the WQs because I wasn't familiar with the area. Thought I'd explore around a bit and see what there was to see.

Saw a treasure on my map, found an easy way to get to it, and then found that I could not get back to where I'd come from. The chest was just under some rocks jutting out of the ground in triangles that were simply too high for my character to jump over.

I spent five minutes trying to find a way out of there that wasn't blocked by rocks. Eventually I fell off the map because there wasn't a way to get back up and my flight whistle doesn't work there.

An hour later later, on patch day, my sub expired, and I have not had an urge to resubscribe. Kind of getting sick of this treatment from blizz at the end of every xpac. I know the anti-flyers will be glad that there's one less person in a world they pretty clearly think should only be for them, but that's just one less subscriber paying money that would get turned into more content for them to enjoy. Quite the short term people, they are.

I suppose if I was as trollish as the people lying about never getting dazed, I'd say that if I came back I'd only play as a rogue so that I could stealth everywhere and avoid all the mobs, just like when you're flying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, flight. Convenience for those who dislike challenges.

Whats sad is this is all the content we are getting until next expansion. Then its rinse and repeat again sadly. Because Ion and the other devs won't change there idealogy. We don't even get to fight Sargeras. It's really kinda lame.

how many of you still double-jumping after you mount up to take off ... lol.

Deleted
    If you explore the new zones you'll see they're really small, nearly half the size the world map makes them appear. (change the scale = illusion of vastness) There's a lot of dead space.

Being grounded make the zones look much bigger than they actually are, added into how everything you need to get to you have to go the round about way at times almost circles. The terrain being an annoyance is to mask the fact that they just rushed the zones, they are unpolished and they want to keep you busy finding your way so you do not notice how empty it really is.

Without the terrain barriers I could probably traverse it in a VERY short time. They wanted to create all this hype by "OMG 3 ZONES IN ONE PATCH" whereas if you add up all the dead space, the fact that it has a 2D backdrop and is clearly not meant for flying and the lack of detail, they are altogether smaller than Dragonblight.

Also, teleporters are worthless. Even with the world quest right next door physically you have a 5+ minute circuitous path through mobs to actually get there. Get too far out from the teleportals and it's faster to Hearth to Dalaran or the Vindicaar and start over than to ride back. I mean, how ridiculous is that? It is faster to get to another planet and then back....

Also, what is the reason the portal to the Vindicaar brings us to the other side of the ship? It is the only portal that does not bring us back to the portal point. Hint: time played is the new metric.

We were promised the situation with Broken Shore would not repeat itself but here we are... people are farming for the 5000 demons achievement because nothing else seems worth doing. The timegate is immersion-breaking and masks the fact that there is actually very little content. I mean, suddenly the story just stops while we are supposed to be INVADING the very homeworld of the Burning Legion. What the hell? It also does not help that the hordes of mobs you are forced to fight through in order to reach your chosen destination do not drop anything of value at all. At least in TI we had coins and armor tokens that could drop from anything. It is just annoyance.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-09-02 at 04:30 PM.

Ah, the WoW community. Ever the keen adventurers, as long as the road ahead is straight, flat, and requires no firing synapses to navigate.

Don't ever change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Ah, the WoW community. Ever the keen adventurers, as long as the road ahead is straight, flat, and requires no firing synapses to navigate.

Don't ever change.
    Again, there is a middleground in between two extremes, no? Currently navigation is an annoyance, not fun. Even with the world quest right next door physically you have a 5+ minute circuitous path through mobs to actually get there. Get too far out from the teleportals and it's faster to Hearth to Dalaran or the Vindicaar and start over than to ride back. I mean, how ridiculous is that? It is faster to get to another planet and then back... If they wanted us to "explore" then really, they should have been more innovative with the zone. It almost seems like they know the area is dull and unimaginative so they created this quasi-reason to explore by making the terrain how it is.

Interesting and varied zones are fun to explore, these two not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Ah yes, flight. Convenience for those who dislike challenges.
    once again what chalenges ? aoeing to the ground 10 mobs a a time and then having to do it again and again because they have retarded respawn timers is not a chalenge its annoying like hell pointless activity

but i guess some people out there enjoy in masochistic way getting continiusly geting kicked in the nuts because argus is as fun at that must be.

like honestly -tried today 3 times to push the initial questline on hunter alt each times given up after boring 10 minutes - eventually given up due to how boring it was and pushed timewalking - was 50 times more fun then argus - when old outdated content is more fun then newest zone in the game you know that someone somewhere in blizzard severly fucked up.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-09-02 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Didn't work on the PTR a little while ago, according to testers. Argus is not the Broken Isles. I've been searching for an update, but haven't been able to find anything yet.
    Well, I been using the barding all morning have not gotten dazed/dismounted once. Guess time will time will tell if it is a bug or working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    5+ minute circuitous path through mobs to actually get there.
    This line doesn't really fit your argument of small zones does it?

You use 5mins to run around dragonblight on ground mount. (I know you are exxagerating, and yes, all zones on Broken Isle and Argus are smaller than previous zones, but I found it hilarious that you took that sentence in this wall of text of small zones)

Ah jeez, look at all the chumps who usually get in people's faces, comparing them to Hitler for enjoying flying, now complaining about having to actually deal with terrain and enemies. How surprising ... not.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the point is that they want you to fight your way to your next destination, not run past everything.