Poll: Flying next xpac, what do you want?

Thread: Flying in 8.0

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah because people will aALLWAYS want what is easiest and cheapest, even if it is not the best thing for them.
    So the poll is only correct if people vote for the choice you like?
    Going all Trump on us, are you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So the poll is only correct if people vote for the choice you like?
    Going all Trump on us, are you?
    If people of america made a poll for the goverment to give everyone 1000$
    what do you think will win?
    Do you think if they chose "yes" that would be a good thing for the people overall?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If people of america made a poll for the goverment to give everyone 1000$
    what do you think will win?
    Do you think if they chose "yes" that would be a good thing for the people overall?
    Not the same thing. Flying is actually good, both for the game and the players.
    The only one that benefits from not having flying is Blizzard becuase content is cheaper to do and take more time so they have to do less of it.

It's about them making more money from less and lower quality content. Nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not the same thing. Flying is actually good, both for the game and the players.
    The only one that benefits from not having flying is Blizzard becuase content is cheaper to do and take more time so they have to do less of it.

It's about them making more money from less and lower quality content. Nothing else.
    Except flying is not a good thing for the game devolpment.
    it may be good for the individual person, as is giving EVERYONE 1000$
    but it harms the upper end, puts them in a rutt, and makes devolping things hard.

Also really? you are just...
    You arel iterally saying removing flying allows them to make LESS content, and "content is cheaper to do"

Again you have not told me what you call "content" Because you said quests are not content
    Also why do you still play if you hate the game, and say the content is getting worse and worse every patch?
    Disliking one of two things whatever, put in feedback then STFU.
    if you hate the game so much that you need to make allmost 7k posts of 99% hate, you should stop.
    And before you comment on my post count and say "nothing but fanboi" i know crying all day every day wont fix shit, when i see something wrong i make a thread then im done, i try to be positive as i know game design and devolpment is not an easy job. And i dont need to screams shit all over the forums every day about a game i have hated for 7 years , and keeps getting worse, but keep playing.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-09-02 at 11:48 AM.

Except flying is not a good thing for the game devolpment.
    it may be good for the individual person, as is giving EVERYONE 1000$
    but it harms the upper end, puts them in a rutt, and makes devolping things hard.

Also really? you are just...
    You arel iterally saying removing flying allows them to make LESS content, and "content is cheaper to do"

Again you have not told me what you call "content" Because you said quests are not content
    Also why do you still play if you hate the game, and say the content is getting worse and worse every patch?
    Disliking one of two things whatever, put in feedback then STFU.
    if you hate the game so much that you need to make allmost 7k posts of 99% hate, you should stop.
    And before you comment on my post count and say "nothing but fanboi" i know crying all day every day wont fix shit, when i see something wrong i make a thread then im done, i try to be positive as i know game design and devolpment is not an easy job. And i dont need to screams shit all over the forums every day about a game i have hated for 7 years , and keeps getting worse, but keep playing.
    How does it make the game worse? How was Wrath and TBC worse than Legion?
    Travel time is not content. The game is better with flying, in every way. No way around that.

The great thing about the system was also that you could just pick what form of travel you wanted so people flying would never affect you as you always used your gound mount, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    How does it make the game worse? How was Wrath and TBC worse than Legion?
    Travel time is not content. The game is better with flying, in every way. No way around that.

The great thing about the system was also that you could just pick what form of travel you wanted so people flying would never affect you as you always used your gound mount, right?
    I rather not spend the time to type it all out as it will be a massive waste on you.

but look at stormwind as horde when you had to run through all the alliance to get to the king
    compared to now where they can just land on the king and kill him without any alliance knowing
    that is the quickest example i can come up without wasting my time on you

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather not spend the time to type it all out as it will be a massive waste on you.

but look at stormwind as horde when you had to run through all the alliance to get to the king
    compared to now where they can just land on the king and kill him without any alliance knowing
    Nowadays. When flying first came in Cataclysm you were dismounted and shot at all the time in faction hubs.

Bases had flying guards even back in TBC. Why they don't anymore, I can't say but that's hardly a good reason to remove one of the games best feature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bases had flying guards even back in TBC. Why they don't anymore, I can't say but that's hardly a good reason to remove one of the games best feature.
    They do, just it is easy to avoid them now, and guards are no problem for a 40 man raid, but the epic nature of it.
    again i dont wanna give you 50 reasons as to why as you will still go "no downsides it is perfect, flying makes the game best game ever"
    but it is along the line of it makes epic things look and feel less epic and small.

Imagine how epic it would be to have to storm the lich king citidal, go through those armies of undead with your raid group to enter the raid, kill mobs and cleave through armies of undead.

Or just fly straight the front gate and not fight a single of the millions of undead outside his gate

but it harms the upper end
    How, exactly?

puts them in a rutt
    Oh, you mean like the no-flying rut they've been stuck in since WoD launched?

and makes developing things hard.
    Blizzard is the number one MMORPG development team in the entire history of MMORPGs. Avoiding development challenges that are "hard" should not be a valid excuse for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Or just fly straight the front gate and not fight a single of the millions of undead outside his gate
    Arthas being bad at defending his citadel from enemies he knows have the power of flight isn't our fault. I mean, that raid even has an airship battle. Why we didn't just use it to fly to the top is still a mystery to me.

But we're discussing the open world, not a raid instance. Nothing in the open world has EVER been as epic as the inside of Icecrown citadel except maybe the first opening of the Dark Portal on a PVP server. If Blizzard was providing that level of quality content with every No-Fly zone, I suspect your argument might be a little stronger. But the open world isn't that good, and so your point is somewhat diminished.}

Blizzard has, can, and SHOULD be designing zones with flying in mind. They have the capability. They have the experience. They have the money to do so.

Even if some people seem to like the dumpster fire of Argus' "Maze & Daze" design philosophy, it seems pretty clear that quite a lot of other people don't. Blizzard has just finished giving players back the option of flight, and their first content release following that is...this? They can do better. They SHOULD be doing better.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-02 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzard has, can, and SHOULD be designing zones with flying in mind. They have the capability. They have the experience. They have the money to do so.
    And they also showed in the past that it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    And they also showed in the past that it works fine.
    Netherstorm, Icecrown, Stormpeaks, Deepholme....virtually all of MoP outside of the islands. Hell, I bet even Vash'jr would be much more well-received today if the "Action Camera" setting was used to help measure distances in 3D better.

They do, just it is easy to avoid them now, and guards are no problem for a 40 man raid, but the epic nature of it.
    again i dont wanna give you 50 reasons as to why as you will still go "no downsides it is perfect, flying makes the game best game ever"
    but it is along the line of it makes epic things look and feel less epic and small.

Imagine how epic it would be to have to storm the lich king citidal, go through those armies of undead with your raid group to enter the raid, kill mobs and cleave through armies of undead.

I don't see how that would be epic at all.
    Extreme lag, people wanting to gank straglers and just grief and so on.

No thanks. That is not what WoW is or has ever been and it's not what the game needs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how that would be epic at all.
    Extreme lag, people wanting to gank straglers and just grief and so on.

No thanks. That is not what WoW is or has ever been and it's not what the game needs.
    Except it doesent lag, have you gone outside the gate? all the mobs are there but they are useless.
    Also yes, that is what wow was, you must be a wrath baby if you didnt know about vanilla and how it had no flying but went super well, and you needed to fight mobs instead of just fly over them.

Except it doesent lag, have you gone outside the gate? all the mobs are there but they are useless.
    Also yes, that is what wow was, you must be a wrath baby if you didnt know about vanilla and how it had no flying but went super well, and you needed to fight mobs instead of just fly over them.
    No, played since vanilla.
    Did not find that part of the game fun at all but it was removed in TBC (or it died by itself as no one actually like the world PVP part) and the game became a huge success so you know... You're part of that laud minority that wants vnailla back - It's not happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Rethinking it, perhaps maybe 100K? 5K is way too low, 500K might be too high for some. As I said, I felt like I really, REALLY didn't take advantage of the gold grab of WoD and Legion, yet still managed to build up nearly 2 million. 100K would seem reasonable.
    And I still say paying per char for flying is STUPID and pathfinder is the way to go. cause for 12 chars thats 1.2mill and you can have 50 chars which would make it to 5mill....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So I can't hold you to reality but you can choose to just hand-wave TBC away and pretend 2/6 is 'most consistent'.
    Cause it IS. TBC was druids get flying for free, so yes pathfinder is the most CONSISTENT way no matter how much YOU dislike pathfinder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfactor View Post
    Really hate the fact that BC was marketed as FLYING added to the game LOOK AT IT! And now its taken constantly... so why the hell did we pay for BC and other content if its only to be removed at a later date from the current content... isnt the point of an expansion to ADD more to it?
    because blizzard is to (sorry to say so) make content that uses it. they already failed everytime when the claimed the ground is "dangerous" so they obviously know they cant pull that of with flyin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    This would encourage people to form up teams, get guilds going again
    no it wouldnt silly all it would do make people gold AGAIN for flying to others offering BOOSTS. people who dont wanna raid (and thats the MAJORITY) wouldnt raid for flying - they would by a boost ONCE and thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

When flying first came in Cataclysm you were dismounted and shot at all the time in faction hubs.
    flying was introduced in tbc and you wasnt shot down all the time that is bs of someone who didnt play tbc or cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And I still say paying per char for flying is STUPID and pathfinder is the way to go. cause for 12 chars thats 1.2mill and you can have 50 chars which would make it to 5mill....
    If you have 50 chars which need flying 5 million gold won't really be the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    flying was introduced in tbc and you wasnt shot down all the time that is bs of someone who didnt play tbc or cata.
    Flying in Outland yes. But flying in EK and Kalimdor was introduced in Cata. And it did shoot you down when you were flying over a faction hub.

Nowadays. When flying first came in Cataclysm you were dismounted and shot at all the time in faction hubs.
    That was true in BC too.

Blizz thinks flying is too much work for them or players don't do content which is silly.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, played since vanilla.
    Did not find that part of the game fun at all but it was removed in TBC (or it died by itself as no one actually like the world PVP part) and the game became a huge success so you know... You're part of that laud minority that wants vnailla back - It's not happening.
    Actually i dont want vanilla back :P
    but i understand why people do.

Actually i dont want vanilla back :P
    but i understand why people do.
    Sure, sure.