Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I am not a power hungry egomaniac, and I value the Constitution, so I have no interest in being a police office in the US. As I said, they have massively increased their firepower but for no statistically viable reason.
    If you dont get it you wont, you will continue to be a armchair police commissioner and not have a clue. But its ok, keep claiming they have burst and auto guns in every cruiser and that they are driving tanks.

Deleted
    Weren't Finland safe from the migration horde? I always thought it was Sweden that took the major blow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Weren't Finland safe from the migration horde? I always thought it was Sweden that took the major blow
    Sweden took like 200k, finland did 40k+. Finland would be safe if EU actually worked how its supposed to be instead of people flooding in from south and traveling wherever the fuck they want to seek asylum(aka germany or the nordics for welfare), while they should be claiming asylum in south european countries and then either thrown back out of EU or assigned a country(redistribution). Instead we have people who have traveled through 2 to 10 different SAFE countries where they could have applied for asylum, just to seek it here for benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Too bad we don't really need that here because in 99% of the cases the police can assume that the subject isn't carrying half a military base with them like in the US
    If everybody is armed to the teeth in the states and there's only 10 thousand deaths by gun a year, I'd say the cops are doing a pretty good job over there.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see Finland is still fighting the good fight and not just bending over and taking it up the ass like some other European Countries.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    If everybody is armed to the teeth in the states and there's only 10 thousand deaths by gun a year, I'd say the cops are doing a pretty good job over there.
    Switzerland is also armed and they do not kill each other so often.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Switzerland is also armed and they do not kill each other so often.
    Bit of a false equivalence there. Switz aren't allowed to carry their guns loaded, and most of the time they just sling it over their back like it's a bag or something else, they hardly think of them as guns any more.

Although their culture is pretty great in general though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Swedes let over 30,000 of them walk straight through their country to Finland, where our government was so gutless that they let them all march straight in without any kind of border control. By now some have been deported or have left on their own, but majority still remains -- plus there are thousands who just walked out of reception centers and whose whereabouts are unknown to everyone.

On top of that, leftists are doing everything they can to make deportations harder; they have been harassing the police and hiding rapefugees who would face deportation. Left and Green top politicians, along with the thoroughly Marxist-infested state church, are openly urging people to defy the law.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Bit of a false equivalence there. Switz aren't allowed to carry their guns loaded, and most of the time they just sling it over their back like it's a bag or something else, they hardly think of them as guns any more.

Although their culture is pretty great in general though.
    they are not afraid of their fellow citizens there, simple as that. of course they know the guy next door is more often then not equipped with a gun and is able to purchase ammunition also, but getting nervous about that ? pfft !

29 guns per 100 people seems already a lot, how is the ratio in USA ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcl6ymmA_Y
    dont mind it's from al jazeera, it's a documentation about switzerland, not propaganda about arabia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good. Especially now that terrorism seems to be on the rise, can never be too prepared.

I'll keep carrying MP3s

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Good. Especially now that terrorism seems to be on the rise, can never be too prepared.

I'll keep carrying MP3s
    I bet the finns bought it from the Dutch!

Dutch: WTS All weapons, ammunition and vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Thats a gross hyperbole.

Thats what you will get.
    Except this is not what is happening.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Sweden took like 200k, finland did 40k+. Finland would be safe if EU actually worked how its supposed to be instead of people flooding in from south and traveling wherever the fuck they want to seek asylum(aka germany or the nordics for welfare), while they should be claiming asylum in south european countries and then either thrown back out of EU or assigned a country(redistribution). Instead we have people who have traveled through 2 to 10 different SAFE countries where they could have applied for asylum, just to seek it here for benefits.
    It's kinda bizzare that the EU even allowed such a vast horde of wellfare migrants pillage and loot their way well over 8 EU country borders only to get to Sweden and Finland because of "free money". And now swedes are migrating to Norway taking our jobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Swedes let over 30,000 of them walk straight through their country to Finland
    Just thought I'd point out that pretty much all of the people coming to Finland are sent back. We've given asylum to some hundreds of people, out of the tens of thousands who applied.

Of course, we do still have a massive amount of people waiting for deportation, and waiting for their applications to be processed and then be deported.

But yeah. Finland doesn't actually grant asylum to tens of thousands of people.

Wiki page on them.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP5

Makes one wonder if a government official had some kind of "deal" with the manufacturer. Surely not. Government officials can't be corrupt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Way better accuracy than pistol.

10 meters don't sound much, but in actual chaotic situation with possible civilians near, inaccuracy of a handgun can have devastating results.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the US. Police rarely even uses gun here.

In 2013 police fired a gun six times.

In the whole country.

And most of those were warning shots, not aimed directly at anyone.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/f...n_2013/7701005
    Like you suggested, 10 meters is a pretty good ways with a hand gun even in a controlled situation.
    We can certainly tell who has and hasn't ever used a firearm in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    they are not afraid of their fellow citizens there, simple as that. of course they know the guy next door is more often then not equipped with a gun and is able to purchase ammunition also, but getting nervous about that ? pfft !

29 guns per 100 people seems already a lot, how is the ratio in USA ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcl6ymmA_Y
    dont mind it's from al jazeera, it's a documentation about switzerland, not propaganda about arabia.
    It's a great deal higher in the states, honestly. It's estimated to be 1 in every 3 people own a gun, but it could be higher than that. There are no solid stats for it, because there's no registry of firearms in the states, except for places like california which are very anti-gun states.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Like you suggested, 10 meters is a pretty good ways with a hand gun even in a controlled situation.
    We can certainly tell who has and hasn't ever used a firearm in this thread.
    People who have never fired a pistol think it's a piece of cake to hit something with one, and probably most have this distorted view about pistols thanks to Hollywood, or even master marksmen who post videos on YouTube, and make it look easy. Hitting something with a pistol is definitely not the easiest of things to do, and most regular cops don't put hundreds of bullets down range every week; hell, they probably have a range day once a month or something.

Rifles and rifle-like weapons are much, much easier to hit with. So, yeah...as such, having an SMG absolutely helps in that regard. Still, I'm personally not convinced allowing the "threat of terror" to dictate the militarization of our police forces. This is the step now, but what's the next one? And the step after that? Where does it end? Because, terror will never end. Terrorists will always exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm fine with that personally. But that's because Finnish police don't have the reputation of emptying a magazine in unarmed peoples faces, the moment they fail to follow conflicting orders under 3 nanoseconds.
    That's probably because Finland is predominantly white and more specifically Finnish. And very far north which makes it too cold for some ethnicities. Where America is 63% white, and UK is 80% white. This means that Finland doesn't have the racial tensions you experience with a mixed group of people, as well as mixed religions. That means that Finland probably doesn't have many domestic disputes, if not for the lack of racial diversity, but also from the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Please do enlighten everyone about how couple hundred unorganized obese AR users, larping as if they are SEALS because they bought a weapon, are going to defeat the governments forces?

Reality check is calling: one single sniper squad can take the obese larpers under an hour, and there goes the rebellion.
    How many firearms are there in private hands in the United States?

What confuses me about this argument is that you seem to be arguing that we should just bow down to our new overlords when the inevitable coup comes. I guess if you're into that. o.0

Fear seems to be a good reason to give weapon.
    Last edited by verganna; 2017-09-13 at 01:40 PM.