Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, they already told us and we knew beforehand that ToS tier is modified T6. Your outrage should've been months and months ago when they announced that and the sets were leaked. lol.

Deleted
    Warlock T6 is shit, and so is the updated Tier from ToS.

But I'm not neccesarily against updating old Tier sets, if they're genuinly more detailed and look cool. For example, many classes have a very cool looking T2 set, Paladins, Shaman, Warlocks, Rogues, maybe a few more. I would love to have an updated form of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Warlock T6 is shit, and so is the updated Tier from ToS.

But I'm not neccesarily against updating old Tier sets, if they're genuinly more detailed and look cool. For example, many classes have a very cool looking T2 set, Paladins, Shaman, Warlocks, Rogues, maybe a few more. I would love to have an updated form of those.
    I like the wings. Personally my 2 favourites are the Tyrannical PvP set for Horde and the Dreadful Gladiator one. Basic but pretty cool.

For PvE would be Tier 5 and Tier 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Besides the fact that they went and ripped out Gronn eyes and put them in the armor?

Hence the original term Gronnstalker. The helm looks a bit daft with that face bit under the chin/lower face but the whole concept is that it's a primal set.
    The main hunter theme has almost always been "tear pieces from living beings and stitch them on armor". I hated it at first and I'm tired of it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah man, they look great with the quality of art these days.

if anything i'm mad they did t6 and not t4

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The main hunter theme has almost always been "tear pieces from living beings and stitch them on armor". I hated it at first and I'm tired of it now.
    Class is called Hunter for a reason. And they moved away from those kinds of sets with the Siege Tier and HFC tier. Siege one looked like a futuristic hunter and the HFC one looked like a stalker kind of thing.

And the Firelands one. Has some bone on it but nowehere near anything like the "tear pieces" description you gave.

Nighthold one didn't use anything primal at all either. Was more akin to stalker like HFC.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Naxx 3.0 Enhanced? I know money doesn't mean faster content but holy shit, you take one of the most lore-wise important raids of the game and rehash a tier with a few extra bling?

At least in Naxx 2.0 it made sense, as lazy as it was, but for this? I don't get it, and I'm pretty disgusted by it, especially because in typical new Actiblizzard fashion they took away all the grace and glory of those tiers and make them look like overinflated overdressed nonsense.
    Blizzard doesn't do this stuff in a vaccuum... If you dont like how they look dont use them... how did they take 'away'... all the old tiers still exist...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the T20 DK and DH sets are any indication they still konw how to make good looking sets. But since this is highly subjective there's no reason to be outraged.

I mean I'm rocking full Unsullied Leather atm so it could look like a sack of dicks for all I care.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I AM OUTRAGED THAT BLIZZARD PROVIDED US WITH A THING ROLEPLAYERS HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR YEARS BY UPDATING POPULAR, ICONIC SETS WITH ACTUAL 3D ART" Okay buddy. I mean, it's been public knowledge for 3 months and change, but okay. "THEY'RE REDUCING THE GLORY OF THE OLD SETS AND GRACE AND AND" Then stick to the t6 version of the set. It wasn't removed and the BT/Hyjal/Sunwell set items weren't given the t20 models. Just mog over it and let people who like the updated models have their updated models.

This is literally, wait.... yeah, literally the third-dumbest thing I've seen people try to stir up the torches and pitchforks over because they're "outraged" since 2010.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Only mad that they made some of the best sets ever to be put in the game a few of them look worse (not county polygon count or such) then the original. Other then that why would you be mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This is literally, wait.... yeah, literally the third-dumbest thing I've seen people try to stir up the torches and pitchforks over because they're "outraged" since 2010.
    Out of interest what are the two above it?

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    nah man, they look great with the quality of art these days.

if anything i'm mad they did t6 and not t4
    Eh, T6 was more iconic.

Expect a T2 revamp next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Out of interest what are the two above it?
    Transmog bitchthreads and panda hatethreads (which were thankfully pretty well contained to MoP's lifespan).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The whole expansion is an homage to BC, obviously they're going to do a tier that's an homage to T6.

You people pick the most ridiculous things to get upset about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Class is called Hunter for a reason. And they moved away from those kinds of sets with the Siege Tier and HFC tier. Siege one looked like a futuristic hunter and the HFC one looked like a stalker kind of thing.

And the Firelands one. Has some bone on it but nowehere near anything like the "tear pieces" description you gave.

Nighthold one didn't use anything primal at all either. Was more akin to stalker like HFC.
    If hunters must wear animals, demon hunters have to wear demon pieces and helmets that are demon skulls and never stray from this theme. The same would apply to other classes, and while some classes do stick to a main theme (paladin -> light stuff, death knights -> death and skulls), I feel hunter sets have always been either revolving around the dead beast theme, or just plain ugly (Like the SoO set). In fact I liked Nighthold set, because it tried to represent the hunter as a stalker with the cowl and the sleek design. I just don't think they have yet grasped the essence of hunters, and that's why I use a custom transmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    If hunters must wear animals, demon hunters have to wear demon pieces and helmets that are demon skulls and never stray from this theme. The same would apply to other classes, and while some classes do stick to a main theme (paladin -> light stuff, death knights -> death and skulls), I feel hunter sets have always been either revolving around the dead beast theme, or just plain ugly (Like the SoO set). In fact I liked Nighthold set, because it tried to represent the hunter as a stalker with the cowl and the sleek design. I just don't think they have yet grasped the essence of hunters, and that's why I use a custom transmo.
    I kind of like the Hunter set from SoO. All about preference really.

Looks like a futuristic Hunter and the beams are pretty cool.

To be honest I'd love to see more non primal Hunter themes like NH/HFC.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    It is the worst tier in the expansion but I'm not outraged. I like some of them but I simply prefer the new ones like Nighthold and Antorus. For example, the druid one of Nighthold is probably the best tier that druids have IMO, is just stunning. The ToS one is to throw directly to the bin.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no. Higher res versions of older armor is one of the best things they could do. Its not like the recent tiers have been even remotely good by comparison

The only good tier sets were in Vanilla and TBC. Would rather them just keep releasing HD versions of those than some of the uninspired ugly crap they make these days.