Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

If Jaina's A Hero in The Next Xpac, Should We Forgive Her?

Why should we support someone who massacred cowering blood elves? Someone who abandoned us throughout legion due to her hatred? She's currently behaving like a !@#$%. Her irrational thinking of the horde is jarring. If Blizzard plans on making her a major "hero" of the next expansion, they had better have her change her ways and learn to be neutral again. She needs s redemption arc. I want her to feel regret for the purge of Dalaran and her abandonment. What do you think? Do you want her to be a hero? If she is one, what does she have to do to be put in your good graces again?

I understand holding a grudge, but massacre is just fucked up. Abandoning the people that need you without giving a good reason is fucked up. I hope she changed before she becomes a major character again.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is a hero, but I think you meant part of main story.

Depends, are you Horde or Alliance?

I mean, a lot of Horde players seemed to have forgiven Garrosh, an orc who did much worse.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You'll just feel however the story tells you to because just like Garrosh they have no fucking idea what they're doing with the schizophrenic mess that is the writing of her ambitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    Depends which version of her is canon, war crimes where she dealt with her issues with the horde or the one where she still wants to destroy the horde.

It will probably be a 3rd option where they retcon her into something worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    She is a hero, but I think you meant part of main story.

Depends, are you Horde or Alliance?

I mean, a lot of Horde players seemed to have forgiven Garrosh, an orc who did much worse.
    How can't you forgive this lovely guy?

She has done nothing to be sorry for. The Horde should be begging for forgiveness for the crimes they committed in helping Garrosh. Granted, rebelling likely is that apology, so there isn't really one needed.

Except Aethas, he should be on his knees, kissing Jaina's boots like the shit he is.

She doesn't really need to be forgiven, save perhaps by the blood elves. There's characters who have done worse and are still in good standings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The only way I want Jaina included in the story anymore is a role much like I want Sylvannas to have - me and 19 other players going ham on their back legs until they die and drop sweet TF loot. Make it happen Blizz

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a Horde player, but they should be forgiven for what? Legitimately destroying a strategic enemy target in a war?
    Even if that's all they ever did, it's more than Jaina's ever done to wrong them. They aided a dictator in obliterating a city to ash and murdering neutral faction members, then did nothing when that same leader captured the obliterated city's civilians and tortured them. Meanwhile, OP wants Jaina to beg for forgiveness after she, what, left a council that turned against her, a council that was fully capable without her?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Why should we support someone who massacred cowering blood elves? Someone who abandoned us throughout legion due to her hatred? She's currently behaving like a !@#$%. Her irrational thinking of the horde is jarring. If Blizzard plans on making her a major "hero" of the next expansion, they had better have her change her ways and learn to be neutral again. She needs s redemption arc. I want her to feel regret for the purge of Dalaran and her abandonment. What do you think? Do you want her to be a hero? If she is one, what does she have to do to be put in your good graces again?

I understand holding a grudge, but massacre is just fucked up. Abandoning the people that need you without giving a good reason is fucked up. I hope she changed before she becomes a major character again.
    She never massacred innocent blood elves. Word of god stated she only killed blood elves who attacked her, everyone else was teleported to the violet hold.
    Last edited by eillas; 2017-09-02 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    She doesn't really need to be forgiven, save perhaps by the blood elves. There's characters who have done worse and are still in good standings.
    Blood Elves, sunreavers specifically helped smuggle the iris from Dalaran to Garrosh greedy arms because they shitted pants. This faction should be obliterated.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    She never massacred innocent blood elves. Word of god stated she only killed blood elves who attacked her, everyone else was teleported to the violet hold.
    Which is funny because she kills like two guards right before talking to Aethas and assessing the situation that did not attack her. You also get very different portrayls of the Purge depending on which faction you're playing on. The horde side even oddly implies that Jaina was letting stormwind troops use dalaran.

Deleted
    There is nothing to forgive. She was justified in her actions and she is entitled to her opinion aslong as it doesn't hurt the rest of the alliance.

If you mean horde players. Who cares? They have come up with persecution on her for ages now. A dreadlord huh? Missed her timeslot in Legion.

As far as i see it, she never stopped beeing a hero or beeing right. Her change of stance fit perfectly with the change of stance in the horde.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-09-02 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Which is funny because she kills like two guards right before talking to Aethas and assessing the situation that did not attack her. You also get very different portrayls of the Purge depending on which faction you're playing on. The horde side even oddly implies that Jaina was letting stormwind troops use dalaran.
    The guards who protected the traitor, Aethas.

Deleted
    Forgive her for what? colluding with Horde filth? She has repented that with her actions against vile felbloods though she was too lenient in my taste.

I'd be a bit torn. On the one hand I like Jaina and would like to see her used consistently and well which may happen if she's an expansion hero. On the other hand...after two expansions of Khadgar do I want another human mage lead/ (Though I guess Khadgar is taking a backseat to Illidan and Velen now at least.)

Also they could well fill in the gaps of what Jaina's doing at the moment. Just because we don't see her on the broken isles doesn't necessarily mean she's been idle. Unfortunately I think the possibility of her becoming an old god corrupted antagonist are fairly high.

Deleted
    So... are we actually forgetting about the character development she got in war crimes and instead go with the 2 lines at the start of legion?..... hard to discuss when there are 2 versions of her that could be canon.

What does she have to be sorry about? As a horde player I've done waaay worst to the Alliance and look where I am now, leader of my faction ordering horde and alliance alike. She should probably get a medal for stoping Garrosh from further using the sunreavers and further ruin their relationship with dalaran. How long you think before he had them drop Dalaran from the sky to not risk a flying city of mages standing against him.

The part about the medal is sarcasm but not the dropping Dalaran part. Feel necessary to point it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    What does she have to be sorry about? As a horde player I've done waaay worst to the Alliance and look where I am now, leader of my faction ordering horde and alliance alike. She should probably get a medal for stoping Garrosh from further using the sunreavers and further ruin their relationship with dalaran. How long you think before he had them drop Dalaran from the sky to not risk a flying city of mages standing against him.

The part about the medal is sarcasm but not the dropping Dalaran part. Feel necessary to point it out.
    Well, Dalaran was actually neutral compared to Theramore. Garrosh wouldn't start a fight against a 2nd faction just for the sake of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    There's nothing to forgive tbh