View Poll Results: Should drug cheats be banned for life?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Cheating is unacceptable.

10 41.67%
  • Not sure. Depends on how severe.

5 20.83%
  • No. Cheating is okay.

9 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am kinda in the middle on this issue. I think people should judge her on how she is playing now, very well I might add, and get over it. On the other hand she shouldn't be offered wild cards at grand slam in this first year, let her earn her place, like all top players. That card wasn't better for an US player? Especially after her playing the victim card because she did not get one at Roland Garros. Distasteful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Hey Tennis Ace. I'll be going to the Men's Finals next Sunday. You jelly?
    If you're way high up then you'll barely be able to see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    She took her punishment for doing drugs that weren't on the list till after the competition.
    Spoiler alert a lot of drugs aren't on the list because they haven't been officially made illegal or they something new that's harder to detect. This and the whole banning Russian athletes was a political stunt to punish them for Ukraine shit that been going on.
    IIRC the drug she took was made by what was essentially a fake pharma company that made drugs for athletes

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck her rivals they all do the same just not caught yet, Leave her alone, she is beautiful and I don't give a shit what anybody says, I am a bias judge in her favor.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    She took her punishment for doing drugs that weren't on the list till after the competition.
    Spoiler alert a lot of drugs aren't on the list because they haven't been officially made illegal or they something new that's harder to detect. This and the whole banning Russian athletes was a political stunt to punish them for Ukraine shit that been going on.
    Bullshit, the Russian athletes who got banned from the Rio Olympics and subsequent events since were banned because the Russian government was behind it, it wasn't to punish them over Ukraine. They were systematically cheating and swapping failed urine samples with clean one's and it wasn't until WADA and other sporting bodies investigated that they found the evidence. Putin did it because he thinks that western athletes are all using PED's when that isn't the case at all. WADA, the IOC and pretty well every other governing body and sports league have a strict policy against any drugs that are considered performance enhancing. There was a massive cover up at Socchi and it wasn't until a couple of doctors who had been involved in the cover up fled to the USA and ultimately spilled the beans, then it came to light that the Russians had intentionally been cheating.

Drug cheat diminishes the sport in sports. It needs to be culled if we are to have any respect for sports. Individual-wise it's unfair for those who get caught while others get away with it, but that's life being an asshole. Integrity of the whole trumps the individual's career.

Congrats Serena on her baby girl. Yay!

just let em juice, top athletes do what it takes. the rest are the losers crying off the podium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    IIRC the drug she took was made by what was essentially a fake pharma company that made drugs for athletes
    No, it seems to be a fairly common medication in eastern Europe.

This is what she was taking.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters