Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question What Prevents You From Unsubbing

Often times, on this site and others, we see a type of individual who appears to have disdain for the Dev's direction, or the game's current status, or even a blatant hatred for what content may have just been released. I know when I am upset with a company, I simply stop giving them my money and find something that not only fits my needs, but shows me value for my money.

I have to wonder: "What prevents these people from offering feedback, and unsubbing until the issue is resolved?"

So many times these angry individuals see fit to simply visit a FAN site, loaded with FANS who want to discuss the game in a positive light, but are constantly disrupted by people who are upset with Devs, or upset with disabled game mechanics, or upset because the new patch didn't have the content of a new expac.

If you are one of these people, what prevents you from unsubbing until they resolve your concerns? Or, if you have been that person, or know someone like this, why did you stay subbed and continue to pay for a product you were not pleased with?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too much work to bother, really.

Plus it's nothing cost-wise and that means I can play WoW when I want to.

Gold is stupid easy to acquire so wow is free
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crippling Depression.

MMOs involve such a high time investment that it feels awful to admit to yourself that the current expansion/patch isn't doing it for you and that it's time to move on, especially when you really enjoyed the game before it changed. Many people just hold on to that investment and keep complaining in the hopes that the game will be changed and become enjoyable again.

Also, the genre kind of sucks right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's too much work to bother, really.

Plus it's nothing cost-wise and that means I can play WoW when I want to.
    So are you currently, actively playing and pleased with the general tone of the game? Or are you subbed, but not playing until circumstances change/things improve?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Addiction here. I've been playing for around 10 years or so now (I was 15 I think when I started, 25 now) and I can't say to myself to quit. There's still things to do in the game for me, goals to achieve and people to play with. Also I don't think I've had one week in the last 10 where I've not made the cost of a WoW Token.

Don't get my wrong, I don't like things, and I vent about how crap Failliance is in BGs, but I still enjoy the game. I'll miss it a lot when I eventually quit or they shut it down.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Gold is stupid easy to acquire so wow is free
    I agree, but this was aimed more at the folks who are displeased with the game and remain paying a sub.

addiction, sentimentality, a lack of a better alternative(i'm not playing weeb shit like FF14).

The fact I haven't paid an actual cent for my sub since March of 2016 and those tokens won't run out till Feb 2018

I really don't see myself playing past that though. This game is super lame and stale right now in practically every aspect (ToS sucks and Argus feels like Broken Shore 2.0) to me so I only play an hour or two a week

Its because despite all the meltdowns and exaggerated statements... they still enjoy the game.

WoW is the most refined MMO you will see, and will probably remain that way since Blizzard has had ~13 years to refine their game. A new MMO that comes out is always riddled with bugs and design/optimization problems, causing most players to not bother with the investment and just quit, including myself.

Of course, I'm not saying that WoW is a bad game and I want a better alternative. WoW is amazing and I enjoy WoW because it's WoW. But the lack of competition means WoW is basically untouchable.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Its because despite all the meltdowns and exaggerated statements... they still enjoy the game.
    I haven't fucking liked wow since probably MoP. I play out of habit and that's all there is to it. Wow is in the same boat as putting on my right shoe before my left shoe. I've always done it and I'll always do it till I die. Doesn't mean I like it that's just what I do.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I can offer feedback critical of the game and still have fun overall. I dislike the RNG of many Legion aspects (such as Paragon caches), hate Legendaries with a passion, think ToS is just not a good raid on Mythic, and also believe the terrain on Argus (mostly Antoran Wastes) is needly convoluted for a no-fly zone. Despite all this, I still log in most days and I'm still having fun. I'm just never blind to the faults of any game I play, WoW included.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I haven't fucking liked wow since probably MoP. I play out of habit and that's all there is to it. Wow is in the same boat as putting on my right shoe before my left shoe. I've always done it and I'll always do it till I die. Doesn't mean I like it that's just what I do.
    Well, that is not rational or normal behavior and you honestly might want to seek help -- I'm not saying that to be derisive either, I genuinely mean it. For you, it sounds like WoW is just sucking away who knows how many hours of your life and it provides no enjoyment or enrichment to you. In fact, its likely adding stress to your life. It doesn't even need to be a mental health professional, tell your family and friends that you need help breaking this habit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're confusing criticism with hatred. I think Blizzard did a poor job at making argus compelling and some of their decisions piss me off. That doesn't mean I hate the game and only a rather simplistic understanding of things sees the world like that.

On the other hand when I stop having fun I DO unsubscribe. Or rather I don't buy another 30 days of time. When I want to check the game out, I buy another one. For example, I didn't play all summer - I could have but it was summer and Broken Shore bored the F out of me 2 weeks after I got flight.

1)Friends that dont wanna try different games, ever.

2)Smoothness, no other MMO provides the smoothness combo of animation/graphics, despite WoW having cartoonish graphics i prefer it over insanely shit performance cause of bad programming and ancient engines on new MMOs even on low settings, and on low settings those MMO usually look god awful.

3)Bugs, repeat of 2, tried most of the big MMOs, now that i am 30 i dont have the patience to throw 30-50euro only to find bugged engines, bugged abilities, bugged everything that WoW takes a few days to hotfix, while those games can take weeks cause lack of money, therefor lack of development team numbers.

4)All the new MMOs eventually die out, and along with 1, no reason to try them out anymore.

Do note, my main concern is PvE raiding, games that provide that flawlessly or quick fixing dont exist apart from WoW, therefor i return to WoW or raid casually while keeping up cause returning can be a pain.

Sacrificing 5 hours a week to raid beats trying new MMOs only to return being undergeared.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like a long term relationship that just fizzled out. There's not much left keeping you together but the baggage.

Unsubscribing would be like never talking again to a person I spent a decade of my life with, just to to save $15. Not worth it.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2017-09-03 at 03:42 AM.

jokes on you I am unsubbed HaHaa

The video game is amazing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV