Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Don't bother with it unless you have hours to waste, wasted 2 hours on the damn unmapable maze and wound up getting physically stuck on the altar and had to hearth.... not doing that again til this shit is fixed.
    Its totally mapable, without pen and paper its gonna take you a long time. I used pen and paper and it worked perfectly. Got lost only on last rune, because you cant tell anymore where you've been, and i might failed at mapping

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Call me a masochist but I would totally do the endless halls again. Loved this, felt like an RPG
    Actually threw me back to this: https://youtu.be/U60ad2wRYII?t=1224
    Was half expecting to be ambushed at some point.

is it possible to do as group? or does it only count for the guy doing the stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Guess you haven't seen many mounts if you think this one is one of the best looking ones. lol
    I think you're in the minority here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah I got stuck in the terrain between the urns and the orb holders once after having done two runes and I had to HS and start over. One guy had that happen at 4 runes . . .
    You can delete the hearthstone, use stuck option, and you respawn instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    First of all, it was Celestalon, the guy who made the damn thing.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...79208544444422

PLEASE don't make claims like this when you don't know what you're talking about.

This is a part of a very makeshift map I drew while doing this and I can tell you I had no problem backtracking from the red rune to the green orb without a single error, and that was at least 15 rooms in terms of distance. The rooms you get are not random, the layout very well may be, but the rooms themselves are just where you left them if you know where you went.
    Ok, clearly I triggered you. But according to your "map" you have areas marked exactly as I said in my first post. I stated that I treated this like a giant circle where pathways seemed to go to different areas of the circle and I noticed this by areas of the map (rooms?) were blocked west and east by boulders. After seeing this, I knew I was entering a new area. Looking at your makeshift map, I see the patterns.

Yeesh, people still triggered a week later over this shit. Go to bed lol.

Holy crap....I really suck at map/maze related things. Gonna have to book a weekend slot to do this. Well done to the peeps that figured all this out!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Ok, clearly I triggered you. But according to your "map" you have areas marked exactly as I said in my first post. I stated that I treated this like a giant circle where pathways seemed to go to different areas of the circle and I noticed this by areas of the map (rooms?) were blocked west and east by boulders. After seeing this, I knew I was entering a new area. Looking at your makeshift map, I see the patterns.

Yeesh, people still triggered a week later over this shit. Go to bed lol.
    Have you even been in there? There are multiple levels, achieved through the miracle of stairs. Of course, the real explanation is that the exits port you around to different areas that aren't physically connected. The point is these aren't generated at random all the time, once a room has been visited it will be saved, allowing people to draw maps and backtrack while also ensuring the maze is different for everyone.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2017-09-03 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Have you even been in there? There are multiple levels, achieved through the miracle of stairs. Of course, the real explanation is that the exits port you around to different areas that aren't physically connected. The point is these aren't generated at random all the time, once a room has been visited it will be saved, allowing people to draw maps and backtrack while also ensuring the maze is different for everyone.
    You clearly didn't read my first post.

Yes, I was in there. It took me about 30 min to finish it using the method I stated above. I have the mount. Have a good night.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    You clearly didn't read my first post.

Yes, I was in there. It took me about 30 min to finish it using the method I stated above. I have the mount. Have a good night.
    That's the beauty of a randomly generated maze, it can take you anywhere between 2 minutes to 2 hours depending on which rooms you get. Brute forcing it could lead you to running in circles though, in my run I ended up back at the room with purple orbs when I had been moving away from it for a long time, but once I found myself back there I was able to follow what I had mapped earlier to find my way back to the rune, at which point running around randomly might have been hard since most rooms around that rune had already been generated. That last bit is why I recommend people map it, you could at any time end up somewhere you've been before and that could help you out a lot in terms of finding your way where you want to go from there.

Congratulations to everyone involved in discovering this, theres so much stuff that it almost seems impossible, kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Guess you haven't seen many mounts if you think this one is one of the best looking ones. lol
    Lots of bronies on these forums. This mount is their god

Note is not in Dalaran.. wtf

So how "lucid" was this nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    So, with the mask. does it work if I transmog my current headpiece into the mask? there's like 20 people spawn camping those things and I refuse to pay 25k for a pattern
    No. Has to be the actual item itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    So how "lucid" was this nightmare?
    7/10 lucidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How do I make the levers in Gnomergan go to 0? They don't go below 1 when I push them down and don't go above 9 when I push them up.
    1222176597 is the code, no idea why you're trying to get it to 0 when it's not even required...

What the hell !??!?!??!?
    on the ulduar part my square is 19x19
    i cant finish the puzzle, what the heck is going on? i have counted a thousand times, its not 20 squares its 19

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    What the hell !??!?!??!?
    i cant finish the puzzle, what the heck is going on? i have counted a thousand times, its not 20 squares its 19
    Don't count squares, count lightbulbs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    What the hell !??!?!??!?
    The squares represent a light - not a floor-tile.
    you have 20 lights and the drawing shows which lights to turn on.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?