Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to do after clearing 1 raid + strict timegates on everything + garrisons being boring as fuck after a few weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    The very blizzcon where WoD was announced they disclosed that the last raid would be fel influenced. Details probably different but that the Legion would still be present wasn’t really a change of heart. The breadcrumbs for this (Gul’dan, their heavy presence in Talador) was in the launch content.
    True, but Blizzard admitted they heavily changed their plans mid expansion. They didn't feel it was right to end WoD with another Orc being the final boss after Garrosh in MoP.

Selfie patch.

Never forget.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm one of the few that enjoyed WoD, mainly because of Garrisons because they made me filthy rich for very little effort. I also enjoyed Ashran as a Balance Druid with the Artifact.

I'm glass half full guy I guess.
    Or maybe it was because it had a Blizzard logo on the box.

S.E.L.F.I.E patch... Still grinds my gear every time I think about that patch note.

Blizzard were truelly lazy in WOD. Music, art and leveling systems were top notch. But like other said, there weren't anything to do. Once garrison and all their followers got up to max, only thing you did at the start were apexis daily farming.

Saddest part was, the WOW community truelly screamed at blizzard's forums to stop gating contents behind garrison. What did blizzard do? SHIP YARD GATING!!!!! arghhh hated blizzard for a moment there.

But Blizzard redeemed themselves in Legion, in my eyes. World quests, character progression in form of artifacts, Class halls zone arts... I havent been so busy in WOW ever since thoose hidious dailies in MOP when reputation dailies were gated behind Golden Lotus.... But yeah, Legion sure takes you out into the world. +1 really.

Seems people are just wrong.

No body is playing game anymore for a healthy team work, people just come to guilds to show of their cocks and who is better at meters, because someone lied to them somewhere that only if you top meters you are good. What is about your behavior as a person? You think that is not important? You think I would rather choose to play with a dick-twat who is using irrational moves, making tasks of other players, such as healers and tanks, difficult, just so that a dick can be higher on the meter? Or an idiot who starts calling other people idiots because his class is overpowered for certain situation in the fight. I don't care how much you can pull on a meter. An asshole is an asshole weather you are on Argus or in Azeroth.

If you do not care about meter then you probably don't care much to do what you must. I maybe know 2-3 people on top of my mind that I ever met trough like 10 years of playing WoW that posses that perfect balance between knowing what alone they must do and what they must not do when playing in a team with other people.

It gets difficult even for LFR, people are just nazis where someone fucks up like once = kick out claiming "stop wasting my time" while the same player will continue playing the same game making a false excuse how his time is important.

Game it self is pretty much the same last 2-3 expansions. Lore is going in interesting way, but because the game is the same and people don't get to learn BASIC stuff trough 2-3 expansions, i have 0 nervs to go into LFR seeing people fail on stuff like "avoid fire", just so i can follow up the story. And i think that is the problem of WoW not WoD.

Relaxing is a way of mental state, not the way of behavior.

I come to play WoW to relax not to watch idiots wrestle who is better at controlling pixels. And by relaxation I mean: I do whatever I must that everyone else with whom I play with has the same.

I actually think Ashran was the best PvP content since a long time. I love zerging. I think that's what World of WARcraft PvP should be about. I can't see why running around pillars with fotm comps until dampening kicks in (aka arena) is thought to be the apex of WoW PvP.

I also liked the base concept of garrisons but it was bafly executed. Class order halls are definitely a step in the right direction and I hope we'll get something similar in future expansions.

What did go wrong in WoD was that they didn't release enough content and failed to give the players anything interesting to do except repetitive grinding. WoD was an expansion that felt like it was made by bean counters, not people who love their product. Worst "content" includes twitter and selfies added, a whole zone of pure repetetive grind with close to no real quests (I really wonder why they did the same with broken shore) and then the worst patch of them all, literally no patch for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Longest 1st raid tier
    You mean 7 months of tier 17 were longer than 10 months of tier 19?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Content draught right from the beginning I mean 6.1 "Garrisons Update" wtf?! Also the story was like reading poor fanfiction.

Deleted
    The story had promise but was botched and now has infected all wow Lore. Now we need to keep track of which beings exist across dimensions. So much cut content. Rep grinding was literally the worse it had ever been. 6.1 was shameful.

All to bring Gul'Dan back. Which considering catacylsm already confirmed demons return to the Nether could have been done easily. Gul'Dan was part demon upon death his soul returned to the Nether. With one line of justification you can remove the story need for wood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think part of WoD's issues was that they changed the story they were going for at least twice which likely cut down considerably on the time to develop areas to fit the story twice. Originally, there was no Draenor plan. Garrosh was going to lead a new horde of the races of Azeroth like the troggs. How much time was spent on that? We likely will never know. Again, during development, Grom was the big bad, but there was backlash to that and they changed directions as well mid expansion. How much development had to be scrapped for that as well? There were a lot of issues with WoD, but I wonder what could have been done if they knew what they wanted to do from the beginning and just focused on that. They also seemed to realize it was a failed expansion midway through and went in really hard on making Legion. For all of Legion's faults, its definitely a solid expansion.

Locking everyone away in Garrisons was a big problem, as was the sheer lack of content. We then got 6.1 after months, which contained... a selfie camera, and that was about it. I didn't raid during WoD, which honestly just make it all worse. There was so little to do outside of raiding. I will say that WoD leveling was great. I liked the story and the zones, even more so than Legion, which I think suffers from not having a clear progression. Anyway, in WoD you got to max, and it was just... what now? I'll do my daily heroic and my daily... apexis crystal... actually fuck that, I'll just do the heroic. Okay, now I'm pretty much done. I guess I'll log off.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Everything
    That's all that needed to be said, really. Raids and dungeons were solid, everything else about it could be a thesis on 'how not to design an MMO'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll name one and only GOOD thing that came from WoD for me personaly: Gold Farming and Alt leveling made easy
    Okay that was two things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Player's housing.
    The garrison was a nice idea, let's face it. It was, however, a rare case of everything at once. It allowed the player to be completely self sufficient, turning an MMO into a single player experience.
    No need for gathering professions, no need for interactions. It spoiled the bare bones of an MMO: interaction.

Raids.
    Raids were good-ish, nothing memorable. But outside of them there was jack-all to do.
    If you didn't PvP, you gathered materials for raids. No need to do dungeons, no need to repeat challenge modes. You leveled alts if anything and that was that.

Class development.
    This is the sorest of buttons for me. Class development was completely neglected, it looked like they got to the Ma- syllabe and then ran out of time and will.
    Arms went live with buttons missing, Monks' hardest hitter was their gapcloser, Mages' was an instant. It was a wreck that damaged gameplay on all levels, and for some class' enjoyment aswell.

Patches.
    People patiently waited for patches to deliver, to patch up the expansion. But nothing really came. The 6.1 major patch content had some garrison upgrades and the selfie stick.
    In a devoid expansion.

PvP in general.
    Stale meta, classes better than others in a drastic way, Turbo or wizard and the rest was bananas, and Ashran.
    The recipe for disaster.

Now to be fair, WoD did something good. Namely, PvP gearing is the best the game has ever seen. The rest is better forgotten.

Left the entire post in for effect... This pretty states my opinion to the "T"
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

The two overarching problems were to do with fundamentally flawed core design (specifically in regards to reward systems, though there were other problems as well), and a lack of ongoing support to fix what was wrong.

WoD by and large incentivised the average player to engage with the dullest content for the maximum possible reward. This was a result of garrisons giving huge benefits compared to the amount of effort you had to put in. Since WoW is all about chasing the carrot on the stick, many players felt like the optimal way of progressing was to run multiple garrisons and spend ages playing the "facebook game" part of WoW rather than actually engaging with the content the game was built around.
    A big part of this was the removal of meaningful PvE currencies, which was utterly baffling to me in its shortsightedness. As expected, a problem that got solved all the way back in TBC reared its head again, with players having little reason to run dungeons/raids or do overworld content once they'd gotten the entry level rewards from it.

I think the way reputations worked in WoD really exemplifies this problem. Rather than rewarding reputation from things like quests, dungeons, turn-ins etc., it was all gained from grinding mobs. This incentivised one of the most mindless, tedious, and shallowly designed aspects of WoW's gameplay rather than encouraging players to engage with the more compelling and tightly designed aspects of the expansion like the dungeons or the structured daily content.

One of the greatest tragedies of WoD is that it actually had a lot of cool content (the dungeons in particular were some of my all-time favourites), yet the shockingly bad design of the reward structures completely disincentivised player engagement with it, instead encouraging them to farm gold and run garrison missions for their rewards.

A lot of these problems could have been solved (and to the game's credit, some of them partially were) with proactive development and continued patch iteration. Sadly, the only real support WoD got was one major content patch and a couple of minor ones, none of which were enough to completely fix the expansion's flaws. The majority of the expansion was just as good as any of the others, but flawed implementation of MMO reward structures and a lack of dev time ended up severely damaging it.

As to why those mistakes were made, the official line from Blizzard is that they were in the process of massively expanding the WoW team during WoD's development, resulting in a lot of dev time being spent on organising and training the new staff. This would explain a lot of the oversights, lack of support, and the unfinished elements of the expansion on launch.

Deleted
    My theory is a bit different,

I don't think WoD was that different from any other previous expansions. What i think happened is that people started to get tired of WoW in general because WoW was mostly "raid or die" and there was little to do outside of raids.
    It has always been like this and WoD marked the time where everyone got tired of it. It broke the camel's back!

Legion was the first time in years where Blizzard decided to make HUGE changes to the core gameplay and they deserve applause for that.
    Lets just hope they keep doing changes to the game....which is difficult because Legion was trully the first expansion they decided to do drastic changes.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-03 at 03:08 PM.

Let's see what meh aspects I can recall about Warlords:

1. Daily quests weren't really a thing anymore and were replaced with Apexis dailies. So instead of going to a few hubs and doing this and that to farm reputation, you just went to 1 of 2 areas and did a bunch of activities to fill a bar for some /shrug-worthy rewards.

2. Reputations were mostly just grinds/farms. I don't find much enjoyment in slaughtering endlessly to get my reputation. I'll take daily hubs and emissaries any day for steady increases over time.

3. Story has confusing. Basically because of the Alternate Timeline debacle. It was slightly annoying to wrap your head around at first, a single Burning Legion instead of its own version of it, etc etc. And now we've got an AU Draenor somewhere that's not really doing anything cuz it would probably get too confusing if those characters came to Azeroth.

4. Expansion felt rushed/too short. To me it seemed like the expansion would've done good with the Shattrath raid that was planned once upon a time. I didn't mind too much of the story at the beginning up until Blackrock Foundry but then we were suddenly at the end. I felt like we could've used a middle point where Gul'dan could've gained more power and we could've seen Grommash in action and start turning him into a "good guy".

This and the above about the story also made the ending feel somewhat unresolved in that suddenly we were all good about Grommash being out and about. Other points include Thrall not having a chat with Durotan/Draka about their relations, Orgrim being gone in just about an instant, Maraad dying too soon for my liking, and bits of cut content, like how Kargath shouldn't have died at Highmaul.

A bunch of these story bits can boil down to one statement though: Just don't do Alternate Timeline stuff... Sure it was awesome to see Draenor in its glory with all of the famous Warlords but in the end it just didn't turn out that well in my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    When I read the thread title, before I have opened it, I said "Someone will definitely say everything". Thanks.

Quickly?? Silly?!?!?!? There was Nagrand parts of story where Grom talks to Gul'dan and then he is gone missing and then in one of patches Gul'dan helds Grom as hostage because he was supposed to drink that demons blood and he didn't and we all know why he didn't and that's where Grom is aware that biggest threat is Gul'dan and his demon masters and not us. Just like Game of Thrones and white walkers.
    He turns down the blood and is tossed in chains, that doesn't redeem him. Even more so when only one hero sees any of that happen. Even with that flip the people of Dreanor aren't going to band together behind him after he turned on all of them. When he turns down the blood is right as HFC is opening as far as the story goes the events happen close to each other even if it was a years worth of game time for the players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You mean 7 months of tier 17 were longer than 10 months of tier 19?
    So raids that weren't out yet?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Let see developers got lazy, they basically rehashed a lot of shit that has previously been done in other expansions, took away flying which they went through a bunch of bullshit to give us in the starter zones after being lied to about it not being something they would add.

Then they lied about details concerning the expansion like up until the release, On top of taking away the flying eventually they gave us lame ass excuses concerning them being too fucking lazy and time constrained to make content that would be threats in the air for players.

They rushed the game with almost nothing coming down the line much for most of the flat ass story line, Oh and they gassed us up about garrison bullshit which was just an excuse to add a useless mini game that had nothing to do with actually being player housing which they never really explicitly said it would but none the less it was pretty much obsolete in future expansions.

Oh and lastly they gave us another fucking expansions about Orcs after the previous expansions to that, mostly so they could sort of tie the lame ass flop of a movie that came out when I think someone somewhere, was probably like BLEH! That's how it seemed and was the over all impression I got.

Now everything I wrote is obviously just speculation and My opinion but it was enough for me from BC to say fuck it and stopped playing.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-03 at 04:07 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis