10+ Year Old Account

With the end of 7.3, what will happen to Warlocks?

So, from my understanding, the Burning Legion will no longer be immortal, and with the imprisoning of Sargerous, fel itself will be weakened. What will happen to the Warlocks? Demons can't be summoned repeatedly because eventually you'll run out, right? And fel magic will be weaker, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not all demons came from the burning legion. Not all demons were created from fel. Warlocks summon their demons from different realities and those demons aren't hell bent on destroying everything in the universe as the legion and legion created demons were.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay will always > lore. They're not gonna suddenly nerf the shit out of millions of warlocks and then say "Sorry guys, but ya'll saw what happened on Argus!"
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Warlocks will be the same, you see the Legion only has "some" demons. Most demons are chaotic and hunger for power, this is why alot of them joined the Burning Legion. But demons are spawned constantly from the Twisting Nether, and as we know the Twisting Nether is basically space (Keep in mind this is not the same as the Legion rebirthing demons) So there is an infinite amount of demons in the Nether, not all of them are aligned with the Legion however.

TL;DR: The Legion only holds a fraction of the demons that exist in the whole of the Nether, there are unbound ones still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    So, from my understanding, the Burning Legion will no longer be immortal, and with the imprisoning of Sargerous, fel itself will be weakened. What will happen to the Warlocks? Demons can't be summoned repeatedly because eventually you'll run out, right? And fel magic will be weaker, right?
    No.
    1. fel will not be weakened, it has nothing to do with sargeras.
    2. demons will still respawn, sargeras has been using argus to make them respawn MUCH MUCH faster. but they have been able to respawn even before argus was used. Sargeras had to trap them on marduum because they kept respawning, so he had to keep killing them.
    3. why do you say fel will be weakened twice? and no it will not, just because a naaru dies does that mean light magic becomes weaker? When ragnaros died did that make fire weaker? no

Based off of my understanding, Blizzard will adjust gameplay to what is most accurate, so patch 8.0 will immediately convert Destruction Warlocks to Fire Mages, Demonology Warlocks to Beast Mastery Hunters, and Affliction Warlocks to Shadow Priests. It is predicted only 3.7% of Warlock players will even notice the change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Based off of my understanding, Blizzard will adjust gameplay to what is most accurate, so patch 8.0 will immediately convert Destruction Warlocks to Fire Mages, Demonology Warlocks to Beast Mastery Hunters, and Affliction Warlocks to Shadow Priests. It is predicted only 3.7% of Warlock players will even notice the change.
    If only i could upvote this comment