Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    That reminds me... Liberty City Stories' theme was great.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Hands down winner for me -

10+ Year Old Account

also terras theme and chrono trigger

10+ Year Old Account

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiatan View Post

This one is awesome, but I still prefer the original Deus Ex theme. More memorable and catchy in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Menu theme from red alert 2 menu:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy IX main theme. So many memories...

Deleted
    Any of these 3.

An pretty much most tales main theme.

Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-04 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god so many awesome ones!!! oh well I will list some of my favorites here we goes!

Maybe not a main theme of the game but we hear it a lot specially in the world map before the world of ruin of course.

The game itself wasn't something special but damn this theme is so memorable specially the start part of 0:23

I still get chills in my spine whenever I hear this because it gives you the feeling of the end of this awesome series.

While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account

Awesome beyond words.

top two i think

Heroes of Might and Magic V

Age of Empires II as well

I've always felt the best theme songs were the ones that set the mood of the game. With that said, my entry

Deleted
    Wow, super hard to pick just one favourite... but if I absolutely have to pick the number one, it is:

Persona 4 Golden - Shadow World

Not so moody and epic, rather catchy and feel-good music, despite the very dark and adult themes in the game. Got the P4G Soundtrack on my galaxy, most played album ^_^.

But there are so many more awesome Themes, hardly can name them all (really cool ones already have been posted as well). Want to mention at least some other favs from more "niche" games:

Shantae: Half Genie Hero - Dance Through the Danger

Not the Main Theme perse, it is the theme for the first world. The whole OST of the Shantae Series is pretty daft, the Composer Jake Kaufman understands how to make emotional music, and he doesn't just reuse the old themes - he expands them. You can hear how they mature over the series.

For an Example, listen to the the "Burning Town" Theme from all four Games: (1) Shantae (2) Risky's Revenge (3) Pirate's Curse (4) Half-Genie Hero - Now that tune gets me moving everytime ;-).

Xenoblade Chronicles - Main Theme

Captures the Feeling and style of the World, and gets you into the right mood to play the game. Excellent OST, excellent game!

The Opening from my favourite Zelda Title - Skyward Sword (Best Link and the best romance :-))

Skyward Sword had so many catchy tunes that are burned into my head. The Themes get reused and change a bit, guess that's why I like it so much. Loved Zelda's Lullaby, and Fi's Farewell:

Skyward Sword - Fi's Farewell

Fi was a bit annoying sometimes, but overall a good companion for Link. (Yeah the Battery thing was too much). But I still get tears in my eyes when I listen to the music, and bawed like little girl when the scene played. Now that is what I call game music that creates an emotion!

Some Visual Novels with good Music:

Grisaia no Meikyuu - World End (prefer the instrumental version over the vocal one)

DEARDROPS - 希望の旋律 (by Milktub, awesome band)

Kira☆Kira - Show Time!(also Milktub, they rock)

Guess I better stop now, already too many :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely love this.

Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

a lot of my favorites have already been posted, so I'll just add a couple more.

I'm seriously irrationally fond of

and

the Halo theme is just.. pure epicness. music is probably the best part of that game.

and second is just... every adventure movie that I have ever loved is distilled into that theme.

It's hard to put into words why this one stands out so much for me, but it seemed to align perfectly with my thoughts as I was entering the game. An initial sense of wonder followed by a call for adventure and exploration into the vastness of space.