Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    Yeah, damn legion should've build some nicer roads and flatten the planet so we can ride in a straight line from A to B to make our life easier while they're trying to kill us.
    Do people get annoyed by EVERYTHING these days? Sure, there are some spots which are harder to reach...but how long do dailies take anyways? 30 minutes when you do all of them? WOW really has much bigger problems tbh.
    Pretty much the thing now days if people have to have their daily quota of complaining then they are not happy, and wonders why this world is going to shit.. Maybe our next xpac will be World of Warcraft: Totally Flat, Featureless and Boring..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    I love not being able to fly, its the 1 thing i would remove from the game, and it`s so funny that the second things get a little complicated and annoying, everybody throws a fit because blizzard didnt allow us to fly on a different planet that we`ve never been to
    Exactly, while the introduction of flying sounded like fun when it came out during Burning Crusade, it has bred a lot of self entitled lazy players who at the first sign of losing their precious form of travel kick up a stink that is over 9000..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-09-03 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Thinking the same thing myself, maybe Blizzards next xpac will allow players play the entire game from one central location (Garrisons/Order Halls) as it seems folks really don't want to go out into the world and do quests and so on..
    Oh yeah, no no flyer's day would be complete without a slippery slope argument. The fact of the matter is, some of us don't like spending a lot of time playing the game at the lowest possible level (travel). It is, after years of gameplay not challenging, not interesting, not rewarding and in fact just raises the relative time cost of doing anything out in the world (which is already massively lower rewarding than instanced content) to the point where it's barely worth bothering with.

It's not about being "lazy" or "entitled" - it's about gameplay time relative to what is essentially a "time tax" and that is ALL that increased travel time is. If running around "exploring" Blizzard's totally artificial terrain that is quite clearly designed to waste time was at all entertaining, then nobody would take issue with it but it is simply not engaging gameplay and wanting to avoid it shows that some people place a higher value on their free time than you and your ilk do.

Deleted
    I`m fine its helps me to use my brain cells
    But after month or 2 it will not be a challenge because i wll have remembered every rock over there

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Oh yeah, no no flyer's day would be complete without a slippery slope argument. The fact of the matter is, some of us don't like spending a lot of time playing the game at the lowest possible level (travel). It is, after years of gameplay not challenging, not interesting, not rewarding and in fact just raises the relative time cost of doing anything out in the world (which is already massively lower rewarding than instanced content) to the point where it's barely worth bothering with.

It's not about being "lazy" or "entitled" - it's about gameplay time relative to what is essentially a "time tax" and that is ALL that increased travel time is. If running around "exploring" Blizzard's totally artificial terrain that is quite clearly designed to waste time was at all entertaining, then nobody would take issue with it but it is simply not engaging gameplay and wanting to avoid it shows that some people place a higher value on their free time than you and your ilk do.
    Thing is every MMO in one way or another is pretty much the same, from the likes of Wildstar, GW2, SWToR, Rift and FFXIV and so on they are all the same they are designed to be time wasters.. In fact all games are time wasters, everything in life is a time waster..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Do you people also feel irritated playing GTA that you can't drive straight through buildings?

Flying truly is a pandoras box isn't it, considering how freaking spoiled players are. Getting frustrated and annoyed because they can't beeline to everything with 0 obstacles.

You feel entitled to never having to make a single decision traversing world content so I can't blame you that much for getting annoyed that Argus has the audacity to have different elevations. You see a yellow dot then by god is it a human right to get there right now.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-09-03 at 05:49 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Do you people also feel irritated playing GTA that you can't drive straight through buildings?

Flying truly is a pandoras box isn't it, considering how freaking spoiled players are. Getting frustrated and annoyed because they can't beeline to everything with 0 obstacles.

You feel entitled to never having to make a single decision traversing world content so I can't blame you that much for getting annoyed that Argus has the audacity to have different elevations. You see a yellow dot then by god is it a human right to get there right now.
    I just find argus really poorly designed a pain rather then a pleasure to explore.

If killing the mobs was actually rewarding, then I'd be fine with no flying. But they're trivial fucking padding that do nothing but increase the amount of time you have to spend getting between WQs, so without flying it's just incredibly absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is so wrong with Krokuun? I mean it is basically flat. As for Antoran, it is only annoying at the fel lava. It is so nice also that they use teleporters instead of flight paths. Traveling is so quick there.

I think this post proves how muhc of a mistake the design in Argus is regarding pathing.

I really wish ion comes out and acknoledges the problem and then find a solution to it, which I doubt.

I don't mind it though cause from what it looks like at least from week 1, I won't be around argus for long, or even log-in to wow for more than 1-2 days a week. 7.3 brought nothing, content wise so far, just an hour long storyline and some new world quests of go kill this and that. The rest are just fillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tested Argus: doesn't seem worse than Suramar.
    Typical Blizzard maze with a gazillion mobs that each have millions of HP but no abilities of consequence.

Imho, at 885 - Disc Priest, stuff takes too long to kill. Maybe I'm still tainted by my memories of older content in Heroic/Mythic raid gear.

i'm loving argus.
    So much shortcuts that seems darksoul on steroid, i always loved jumping around the world

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    interesting game design would be mini games like throwe of thunder king - in there it was indeed fun to deal with those and they were completly optional content - not during ordinary boring WQ -_-
    To some people, there is no such thing as "optional content". You have to do everything to see everything. To others, like myself, everything is optional. I only raid content from classic through the previous expac. Never in current, cause there are way too many elitist asshats who want me to have Bis, gems, chants, be 100% on my rotation, and the first wipe we have, get kicked. As a Druid Bear, I would rather just use LFR from time to time or wait and solo the during the next expac. These days I am two expacs behind. I am still clearing stuff from MoP, while doing daily items in my garrison, and grinding older instances to get one step closer to 70 exalted reps.

By the time I get to Argus, I will have to fight twice as hard cause there will hardly be anyone else there clearing my path for me as I run WQs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Other than when a zone is flat, when is navigation ever "enjoyable"? The flight whistle made pre-flight legion tolerable. If you're not impressed so far, bear in mind that you have bypassed about a thousand timegates and timesinks that have been removed, though every time they do, they've added new ones to take their place so you will certainly get to share in the "fun".
    i'll almost certainly be chastised but outland lanscapes and even northrend zones, were not a pain in the ass to navigate or get around in. as i was questing through stormheim, i was literally on a "road" that was on the side of a cliff and then once at the top of it was packed with clusters of mobs. it just didnt appear to be that way in BC, Wrath or any expansion really up until WoD

well, let's put this way: argus just killed the no-fly complaining for ever. Collectively pissing of all players with such bad design because muh immersion was a bad move.

Daze mechanic is the single worst fucking shitty unbearable thing this MMO has and it's been a hot topic issue since Vanilla that people stopped arguing with Blizz over because Blizz doesn't give a shit about how much people hate it.

FUCK. DAZE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Daze mechanic is the single worst fucking shitty unbearable thing this MMO has and it's been a hot topic issue since Vanilla that people stopped arguing with Blizz over because Blizz doesn't give a shit about how much people hate it.

FUCK. DAZE.
    Agreed. And before anyone talks about the Barding... it's 800g on my server. For something that would last 4 hours... maybe. For 2? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    lol @ this thread, best patch ever. So much winning.

Players want to not play, it's true. They've been playing a year, they want to log in once a week and raid or do a daily or two and log out, they've kept their character up and that's that.

Argus is a new quest zone that is going to last for months and months. It is a rich and storied quest zone and you won't breeze through it because you believe you are OP and have earned it. It will be just like Suramar, and this is the first time this late in an xpak that we've got something this good. So nice.
    From someone who's quested through all three zones already the content doesn't take long and it will definitely not last you for months and months. Only reason people will be doing that is because of artificial reasons. Such as toys/mounts/pets from mobs because RNG is a cruel mistress or World Quests for whatever reason. Other than that there's nothing here to really sustain it to last that long.

Also, it's not rich and storied questing zones either. Antoran Wastes and Krokuun is terrible at best. The only zone that has some semblance of being decent is Mac'Aree as it looks like they focused on the Shadow aspect more than the Fel aspect for Sargeras (probably setting up for expansion). You will also definitely breeze through it. When they unlocked all three zones on the PTR in one week I was able to finish all 3 zones in a day so it's definitely breezable. Heck I had 3 characters through Krokuun/Antoran Wastes on Day 1 just because I wanted to have things unlocked and done.

The zones are ok at best and feels more like they just needed to get them out of the gate instead of focusing on them a bit more to make them feel important in the grand battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Ehh, then I have some info for you.. .Grats that it wasnt a problem for YOU to handle... for me it was boring as fuck without flying.. didnt u understand I wrote MY opinion, not YOURS?
    Just because it is your opinion, doens't make his statement less true.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Agreed. And before anyone talks about the Barding... it's 800g on my server. For something that would last 4 hours... maybe. For 2? Nah.
    Seriously? It's only going for 126g on mine with most at 326 then next one at 541g. It only takes 25 leather. Find a LW friend to make you a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You can upgrade the whistle to work on Argus too.
    I did not know that, but gating it behind rep is ridiculous... when you'll have it, you probably won't need it.

The whistle was probably the best addition to the game they ever made in Legion, now they just ruined it to put that behind rep.