Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I am relieved that the maze "only" took a couple of hours, since I got lucky with the first 4 runes. The last took extremely long, fortunately, my mapping system finally worked out. Karazhan was easy then, just googled the video. Still, it's frustrating and my guild mates are quite desperate now. If only the rooms had additional features except of their entrance layout.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I am relieved that the maze "only" took a couple of hours, since I got lucky with the first 4 runes. The last took extremely long, fortunately, my mapping system finally worked out. Karazhan was easy then, just googled the video. Still, it's frustrating and my guild mates are quite desperate now. If only the rooms had additional features except of their entrance layout.
    I agree, if they ever make another one of these, which they should, because is a clever and original use of phasing, landmarks would improve it a great deal.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try to map the rooms as well as I can but often I find that I'll return to a room from a side which was blocked when I previously ran through it.

Deleted
    I think it's too "inconsistent" to be covered by a map. I tried eliminating ways after I only had 1 reference point left. Like, if you have more than 1 way to go, check one first, and if this leads you back to your reference point, then check the next. And repeat for every room with more than 1 way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I try to map the rooms as well as I can but often I find that I'll return to a room from a side which was blocked when I previously ran through it.
    Moving east and then north is different from moving north and then east, so in a 2d map different rooms would share the same tile. Even without cycles, it's not mappable. You can map sections of the map, but never the whole map.

I must have been lucky, managed to brute force the maze while watching two episodes of Rick and Morty, so 40-50 min.

One thing that helped me with the map was basically assuming that every room with 3 directions open was next to a potential warp.

So in this example, room 5 is the culprit. Going South in this room is no problem, but every time I'd have to go West in a situation like this, I'd basically treat it as a new floor, since there was every possibility that the next room would let me go North... Which should be impossible with the South exit from room 3 blocked.

The best thing you can do, though, is to map EVERYTHING before you touch any of the orbs, so that you don't lose what few landmarks you have. Once I found all the torches and altars, it was a simple matter of retracing my steps and avoiding any of the screwy parts I'd found along the way.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-09-03 at 10:02 PM.

I solved it TWICE , clicked on scroll , print screened , went kara..no chest....ticket opened..lets see ..

Quote Originally Posted by Raznazor View Post
    I solved it TWICE , clicked on scroll , print screened , went kara..no chest....ticket opened..lets see ..
    Did you run the script from the front page to see the completed steps? Maybe you were looking in the wrong spot in the crypts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raznazor View Post
    Are you on a warlock? Because apparently, there's a quest that phases you out of the instance with the mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I agree, if they ever make another one of these, which they should, because is a clever and original use of phasing, landmarks would improve it a great deal.
    or if a toy you put down in one room not show up in ALL rooms you go afterwards - that alone would be helpful

Secret finding community is destroying these super cryptic puzzles so fast they're going to keep getting made harder and harder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Secret finding community is destroying these super cryptic puzzles so fast they're going to keep getting made harder and harder
    Monkeys and typewriters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, it IS NOT mappable. that is the point of this SHIT.
    who ever came up with this idea should be fired and tortured to death.
    You CAN map your own instance, you CANNOT follow other peoples maps, there is a difference.

few things to note about the puzzle with the map.

When you get a light to the right place: it resets. using the addon I strongly suggest you reset the map in the addon.
    once you are done with a color, it does not give it to you again, which is why you can safely reset the map and go.

I spent close to 2 hours in it before I figured this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    few things to note about the puzzle with the map.

When you get a light to the right place: it resets. using the addon I strongly suggest you reset the map in the addon.
    once you are done with a color, it does not give it to you again, which is why you can safely reset the map and go.

I spent close to 2 hours in it before I figured this out.
    It shouldn't reset. It just clears the orbs/rune so you don't have a point of reference anymore. The layout stayed identical for me all the way through till turning in the final orb.

Not a bad tactic to keep people subscribing, at minimal effort.

"The Secret Finding Discord has discovered".
    They did discovered nothing, let's stop pretending, the truth is like Kosumoth and like EVERY similar puzzle, they had heay clues from the devs.
    Simply look at all the tasks you need to do, NO ONE has sense, NO ONE has link to each other, exactly like the Kosumoth puzzle, please, stop pretending they hard work to find the answer when EVERY single step of the puzzle has NOTHING to do with the next, and EVERY step is 100% NON-SENSE and isn't even related to the puzzle itself.

It's remind me of a time hen i was on a private realm who organized regular events with riddles, enigmas and treasure hunting. EVERY time, it was the same 4 people who were finding the solution, hours before every other (and there was many people who participated), every time they claimed they had to work hard to find the answer.
    You want to know the truth? In fact, those 4 people were close friends of the co-organisator, and he was giving them all the answers before the event were officialy set, when the event was launched, they had just to sit and wait, then, head straight to the place were the treasure was, the only difficulty was to wait enough time so the other people didn't suspect they were cheating.

The "Secret Discord" is exactly like this: they already know the answer, because the dev told them, they didn't find anything, they just lie by pretending they work hard, in fact, they knew from the very beginning what to do and in what order.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    There were over 30k people in that discord by the time it was completely solved. The God awful chair, and the binary that wasn't actually binary about caused a few people to go insane....

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    It shouldn't reset. It just clears the orbs/rune so you don't have a point of reference anymore. The layout stayed identical for me all the way through till turning in the final orb.
    You're right. It doesn't reset.