Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maze took me a few attempts at mapping strategies/brute forcing before I was satisfied a particular iteration of mapping and my capacity to understand it. Ended up taking me like 6 hours.

Problem was just the red rune by itself (spent > 4 hours on it alone) - mine was in a really specific point in the map which was a few "levels" deep, and had a good number of trap returns to other parts of the main loops which contained the rest of the runes.

Looking at the simple maps that some people ended up with, especially when I was in the process of completing it was kinda disconcerting.

Alas, I got my non-flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Maze took me a few attempts at mapping strategies/brute forcing before I was satisfied a particular iteration of mapping and my capacity to understand it. Ended up taking me like 6 hours.

Problem was just the red rune by itself (spent > 4 hours on it alone) - mine was in a really specific point in the map which was a few "levels" deep, and had a good number of trap returns to other parts of the main loops which contained the rest of the runes.

Looking at the simple maps that some people ended up with, especially when I was in the process of completing it was kinda disconcerting.

Alas, I got my non-flying mount.
    So basically the maze map is more the issue?

Otherwise it just seems like match up the colours from what I'm reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So basically the maze map is more the issue?

Otherwise it just seems like match up the colours from what I'm reading.
    The colours part is easy, it's the randomised map that you happen to get that can be the problem. Some people get fairly brute-forcable maps with little to no looping, depths or tricks, other people get convoluted labyrinths that have multiple looping traps and layers.

10+ Year Old Account
    So here I am stuck in Deepholm because a bunch of retards want to stand on the chair and summon crap like soulwells on it.

1800 rooms and not a single blue orb or rune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Done.

Hardest part was by far the Bejewelled puzzle. I suck at those games. Got through the maze without a map in about an hour.

Pro-tip. Once you've got an orb don't abandon it like I did. I picked up a red orb, found a green orb, picked that up which removed the red buff and then in the next room I found a red rune...
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-09-04 at 02:12 AM.

Going on 2400 rooms now, still no blue orb or blue rune. I'm also not finding any purple runes now. Everytime I found one, Id find the orbs 3 rooms over, only to have the entrance be changed. I'm about to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renderman View Post
    Going on 2400 rooms now, still no blue orb or blue rune. I'm also not finding any purple runes now. Everytime I found one, Id find the orbs 3 rooms over, only to have the entrance be changed. I'm about to lose it.
    You have been teleported back a large number of times then.

The maze is not that big so for you to be getting those numbers you are getting ported back to a point in the maze you already know. This is why it has been suggested that you leave all the orbs and runes alone until you have mapped out all 5 colours so that you can use them as reference for when you have been ported back.

The maze is way too rng.

My last orb, the blue on was a nightmare.

In my attempt to map it, after going straight north for about 40 rooms i got back to the starting point. It really made no sense, considering i crossed 8 rooms with ladders going up.
    Around 4hrs with some breaks from time to time.

As usual the hint is not to map the whole place, it wouldn't work, but keep track of the steps you made to get from a particular orb to its own rune.

Advice to map makers in the maze.
    1. Do not activate any of the runes until you have found the location of all runes and orbs, the runes and orbs will help orient yourself in the maze.
    2. Once you've found all of them, work from the outside in (the most isolated orb etc)

Makes it a lot easier. My map went from hundreds of rooms to 20-30 because if I got disoriented, the runes and orbs were a good marker to reorient.

Another question. If I disconnect do I have to start from scratch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. Do not activate any of the runes until you have found the location of all runes and orbs, the runes and orbs will help orient yourself in the maze.
    2. Once you've found all of them, work from the outside in (the most isolated orb etc)

Makes it a lot easier. My map went from hundreds of rooms to 20-30 because if I got disoriented, the runes and orbs were a good marker to reorient.
    Just a note - if you did complete as you went and got stuck on a last one - eventually the runes (but not the orbs - your progress is safe) will respawn, giving you 4 waypoints back in the case that you're stuck on the last.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Another question. If I disconnect do I have to start from scratch?
    No, it even keeps your last debuff applied to your character. You may get disoriented in general though.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Just a note - if you did complete as you went and got stuck on a last one - eventually the runes (but not the orbs - your progress is safe) will respawn, giving you 4 waypoints back in the case that you're stuck on the last.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it even keeps your last debuff applied to your character. You may get disoriented in general though.
    Good. Was actually gonna get upto before the maze now and take a break.

Just on the puzzle minigame in AQ now and it feels like it's gonna take a while.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-04 at 04:33 AM.

It took me about 4 hours to complete the Kun'lai maze. While I am satisfied, I'd dare say it wasn't worth the pain. I hate myself.

The teleporting is evil.

Getting a bit frustrated with the Blingtron puzzle bit and then I just nail it.

- First, go here: http://polarski.cz/graph_paper/

- Use "Large Paper"

- Let each room be a 3x3 square. You won't use the corner boxes of those squares, just the N, S, E, W and center boxes.

- Fill in the corresponding N, S, E, W box with Orange for a path and Black for blockade. If there's a rune or orb, fill in the center box of that 3x3 square with the color of the rune or orb.

Tips:
    - Remember orient yourself by putting your back to the south exit/blockade. You'll know which one that is because there's stairs and you'll face the altar and the torches will be in front of it.
    - As you map your grid, if you realize you're about to butt an Orange entrance against a Black blockade, then don't go thru that entrance. If you do, it will teleport you to a random part of the maze.
    - Sometimes, no matter what, you'll get teleported to a random part of the maze anyway. If so, stop and look at the room and look at your map, try to see if you can match the entrance/exit pattern with your map. If there's more than one possibility, pick an entrance and go thru it, then match up that room and the previous room with your map.
    - If you get into a string (3 or more in a row) of straight rooms (N/S or E/W) you're probably (but not always) headed in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2017-09-04 at 05:31 AM.

All steps look boring as hell - 10/10 won't ever do

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

This is the best advice here - find them all first while you have the flames and runes up as waypoints. I mapped it all using Google Sheets leaving these up, took about 45mins in total with only 1 colour being a bit of a nightmare (35 rooms away from its rune)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Crazy..how do these guys figure that out? Mindboggling. Thanks for the guide
    my thoughts exactly.. crazy how people find this stuff. After reading the comments im unsure if i wanna try and get the mount though.