Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    BElves use whatever their class is with arcane (Mana Tap and Arcane Torrent).
    Draenei use whatever their class is with Light (Gift of the Naaru).
    Forsaken use whatever their class is with necromancy (Touch of the Grave).

Balance druids depends on two forms of magic at the same time - so not only is it possible, but it seems required.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Balance druids depends on two forms of magic at the same time - so not only is it possible, but it seems required.
    I'm still of the opinion that their 'arcane' magic is an old QoL change that was put in to make them NOT useless in the event of an interrupt and that it was still 'nature' magic.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm still of the opinion that their 'arcane' magic is an old QoL change that was put in to make them NOT useless in the event of an interrupt and that it was still 'nature' magic.
    What ever the name is - the idea was that it was two different and opposite forms of magic ... earth and space, sun and moon etc... I mean most magic is 'nature' magic when it comes to it

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Fel and Arcane cannot coexist; we have multiple NPCs say that once they started using Fel they had trouble using the Arcane. We have numerous NPCs using all forms of elemental magic, using both Light and Void or Life and Death so the discordance seems to be specific to Fel and Arcane.
    Doesn't Illidan use both Fel and Arcane magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    This guy I'm talking to is saying that Arcane and the Light cannot coexist, and so therefore a Paladin cannot both use Holy and Arcane Magic.
    Moonkins say hi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Classes having 2 schools is a relic from older raids where 1 form of magic may not do any damage at all to certain raid bosses.

Also your opinion, isn't stronger than actual lore, its arcane magic

Does he? All I see him using is Shadow and Fire, summoning shadow and fire creatures, using melee combat and back in WC3 he also had Mana Burn. A skilled sorcerer should be able to replicate most arcane magic with fel as well.
    In the Illidan novel he spends a lot of time astral projecting himself across The Great Dark Beyond to find Nathreza; I just assumed that was Arcane magic that he was using.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post
    Moonkins say hi

- - - Updated - - -

Classes having 2 schools is a relic from older raids where 1 form of magic may not do any damage at all to certain raid bosses.

Solar Wrath and Solar Beam are nature magic even if they get their power from the sun. They're not holy magic. As has already been mentioned though, there are instances of Arcane/Light magic coexisting throughout the Warcraft universe such as Priestesses of the Moon and the Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does he? All I see him using is Shadow and Fire, summoning shadow and fire creatures, using melee combat and back in WC3 he also had Mana Burn. A skilled sorcerer should be able to replicate most arcane magic with fel as well.
    He was studying Highborn magic back before he became infused with fel, he was an arcanist and arcane magic, when used to control or empower other magic takes form of said magic. You probably confuse these two since it's arcane magic that can be used to replicate, not fel. And still demon hunters tattoos are definitely arcane runes drawn all over their bodies. So yeah, they still use arcane magic to control fel energies inside them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I am going by an actual NPC quote from Jace Darkweaver saying that after the fel makes it impossible to use arcane magic. He was a mage before becoming a demon hunter.
    And yet, DHs still use arcane runes in game, cover their bodies with arcane runes in order to hold their demon and there have been cases of Illidan using arcane magic in warcraft 3 after he became DH (mana burn), in the war of the ancient and in Illidan novel.

Just for arguments sake the actual quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Darkweaver
    Before I became a demon hunter, I practiced the arcane arts. I still retain some of that knowledge, though the fel makes it all but impossible to use. One thing I can still manage is the occasional glimpse into faraway places. You've seen me use the nether crucible to do this. I'm afraid that things don't look too good. The forces that are arrayed against us are not limited to the Burning Legion. You must act quickly to keep the Broken Isles from being overwhelmed.
    Bold parts are important - it's his subjective experience of having hard time using arcane magic. For whatever reason. Maybe he is too good/bad at "demon huntering" or too good/bad and being a mage, but DHs in general do regularly use arcane magic, without it they would be just consumed by their demon.

And just to reiterate my point - arcane magic have lots of uses, and the most important part (for our conversation) that you can conjure other stuff with it, you can infuse it with other magic, magi do not ask fire elementals for power to throw fireballs at their enemies, they conjure them using knowledge of the arcane. Arcane magic is what allows magi to use elements for their advantage, and with DHs being arcane magic users (elves) it makes total sense.
    And in case of Jace - he may very well have a powerful demon and strong influence of fel within him that hinders his ability to use the arcane
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-09-04 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post

This and to get around getting locked out of your entire spell book if you ate an interrupt.

As for why I have my opinion, which you so eloquently rebuke with a "fuck off" type of counter point.... druids were always stated as having nature magic originally. At inception it wasn't discussed that they were practitioners of the arcane and there was no distinction between moon and stars and earth in the 'nature' category (at least from what I could tell in teh pre-cata state). The two school usage in that time seemed like a gameplay QoL effect to not make them terribad if someone ever chose to field a finger licking crit chicken (did not exist prior to TBC you called these player mana batteries to make your priest better healers... or retards if they didn't have innervate).

There was also the point that Night elves forbade the use of 'arcane' as a fact of life... you know, the reason the highborne got kicked out and the Shen'dralar were off hidden away in their exile within the dire maul. Thus the 'arcane' classification of their star based spells seemed like it was in reality a split from 'nature' for gameplay and not lore related reasons.

Not if something has changed in the fundamental idea of druidic magic since the Shen'dralar were re-introduced to Night Elf society or the various resdesigns of teh class over the years, please point them out and don't simply state "Also your opinion, isn't stronger than actual lore".

As it stands.. I see the likes of Star Fall, Starfire, Moonfire, etc. as 'nature' lorewise. Much like how Death and Decay isn't 'shadow' anymore so much as it is 'Death' magic. (and death knights as all about death magic now and shadow is it's own separate thing)

What ever the name is - the idea was that it was two different and opposite forms of magic ... earth and space, sun and moon etc... I mean most magic is 'nature' magic when it comes to it
    Different themes, but still Nature magic. I'd personally prefer if the spells did Lunar or Solar damage so people don't constantly confuse spell schools with Magic types.

If spell schools and Magic types were identical, we'd have Light, Nature, Arcane, Void, Death and Fel, not Holy, Shadow, Arcane, Nature, Frost, Fire and the combination schools.

Arcane and Fel can coexist, but they basically repel one another, so you can't mix them.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Arcane and Fel can coexist, but they basically repel one another, so you can't mix them.
    But you can study both them.

Also - saying Lunar/Solar are both nature isn't that useful - because arcane and light are nature too ... anything that is 'natural' can be called 'nature damage'.

But you can study both them.

Also - saying Lunar/Solar are both nature isn't that useful - because arcane and light are nature too ... anything that is 'natural' can be called 'nature damage'.
    That's mostly because you're throwing together Magic types as lined out by the Chronicle and spell schools as part of game mechanics. Nature magic and the nature spell school have some overlap, but are by no means identical. Frost and fire aren't even types of magic to begin with.

All Druid magic is Nature magic. Not all of it is in the nature spell school.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    All Druid magic is Nature magic. Not all of it is in the nature spell school.
    All mage magic is Nature magic too if you want to take it that far ...

well not exactly. Nature has it's realm, death has one too... shadow or as it's now know: void has it's scope too.

Nature seems to encompass life, plants, storms and many things which we would view as natural disasters. Earthquakes, storms, wind, rain, plant manipulation... I guess the feral forms also fall into this somehow. But the writers seem to keep pulling weird shit... like the time Malfurion used seeds to cast burning explosions in the form of bombs =/

Arcane and death somehow fall beyond the realm of 'nature' and fel most certainly is nowhere in the natural order of things. But at this point they have a lot of explaining to do just to establish how death and shadow are now viewed as separate things and how fel is chaos/disorder when it's basically the most ordered existence shown thus far that we fight >.>

Could a Warlock balances his Chi and become a Monk Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Could a Warlock balances his Chi and become a Monk Lock?
    I don't know... but the idea of a demon lock beating things with his fists as the demon head artifact critiques his form and calls him a fool makes me wish this was in game.

Deleted
    Discipline priests uses both light and void magic.
    Balance druids uses both arcane and nature magic.
    Dks uses both death and frost magic.
    Mages in a way or another seems to mix and wave arcane with other school of magic to obtain fire/frost.

It seems to me it's definitely possible to learn and use differents form of magics at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Is it possible, in lore, for a Paladin to train in the Arcane Arts on the side, and even have a slight understand and grasp on something like Arcane Fire or something similar?
    Yes, anything is possible, seeing as how disc priests literally hold Light and Void AT THE SAME TIME.
    The two primal forces in eternal conflict held by a single entity, paladin with arcane fire would be a piece of cake :P

Look, if you're just going to ignore the entirety of WarCraft cosmology to keep repeating the same bullshit, i'm just going to respond with bullshit to everything you write.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Discipline priests uses both light and void magic.
    Balance druids uses both arcane and nature magic.
    Dks uses both death and frost magic.
    Mages in a way or another seems to mix and wave arcane with other school of magic to obtain fire/frost.

It seems to me it's definitely possible to learn and use differents form of magics at the same time.
    Priests are the only player class that has access to two types of magic. The others just have different expressions of one. Balance Druid is still all Nature magic, DK is exclusively Death, Mages only Arcane. What you're talking about are spell schools, not magic types.