Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    Ignore the "unsub" trolls.

In my guild we have a large number who also are not happy with the new zone. Againb the dull color theme (I know it is their homeworld now, but come on).
    But what irks be the most is the blatant lie of "you have tons to do once 7.3 hits" - compared to the horrible island with ToS.
    Gating anyone? I get that most of us crazy folks qwould blast through the complete content within days if they would unlock everything. But honestly, no matter how awesome the cutsecene with Illidan was - this is the same crap as before.

Everything is gated. From recipes, the instance (next week), the storyline (each week one segment), the crudible - blah.
    Yes, you can write "then unsub" and honestly, I am considering until 7.3.5 comes along or shortly before to then enjoy the content.
    With the M+ being a joke now - then being (again, gating) boosted before the raid hits....it's just...argh!

Anyone remember Pandaria? Yes, not everyones favorite but you actually had shit to do (more diversity). Where are my scenarios that tell us more about the story of Alleria for example? Some other (current content) worthwhile things to do that are connected to actual storyline.
    I'll always support more story. Have you done all the "Stay a while and listen"s? I've done a couple, but suspect there may be more I haven't discovered.

I resubbed for this patch and its kinda meh at best, there are some cool visuals there tho, like the contrast of light/yellow stuff and fel is awesome.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Sounds like you don't play a warrior. I haven't come across any issues, I just leap to wherever I need to go. Reroll Warrior, no reason to play any other class.
    This tbh.

And for even easier of a time on Argus, play an outlaw rogue. Stealth past shit and grapple wherever you need to go. Go engineer too for full freedom.

There are no (okay, few) problems, only solutions.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    I resubbed for this patch and its kinda meh at best, there are some cool visuals there tho, like the contrast of light/yellow stuff and fel is awesome.
    Kind of like your avatar, with the fel costume and holy hair!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    This tbh.

And for even easier of a time on Argus, play an outlaw rogue. Stealth past shit and grapple wherever you need to go. Go engineer too for full freedom.

There are no (okay, few) problems, only solutions.
    It's great on VDH as well, leaping, double jumping, and gliding ftw! Shadowmeld to avoid pointless fights is convenient too.

Congrats on being the first dick to do a complain post on golden long awaited content.

It's like winning the lottery and then complaining that you didn't win enough money.

Seems most of these complainers just want to have a problem with something.

people complaining about argus being green

Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    Ignore the "unsub" trolls.

In my guild we have a large number who also are not happy with the new zone. Againb the dull color theme (I know it is their homeworld now, but come on).
    But what irks be the most is the blatant lie of "you have tons to do once 7.3 hits" - compared to the horrible island with ToS.
    Gating anyone? I get that most of us crazy folks qwould blast through the complete content within days if they would unlock everything. But honestly, no matter how awesome the cutsecene with Illidan was - this is the same crap as before.

Everything is gated. From recipes, the instance (next week), the storyline (each week one segment), the crudible - blah.
    Yes, you can write "then unsub" and honestly, I am considering until 7.3.5 comes along or shortly before to then enjoy the content.
    With the M+ being a joke now - then being (again, gating) boosted before the raid hits....it's just...argh!

Anyone remember Pandaria? Yes, not everyones favorite but you actually had shit to do (more diversity). Where are my scenarios that tell us more about the story of Alleria for example? Some other (current content) worthwhile things to do that are connected to actual storyline.
    7.3 is a catch up cycle same as the lead up to ToS. If you don't have anything to do to prepare for 7.3 or one of those masochists that doesn't enjoy playing games but plays them anyways, then you should unsub.

Dont worry OP, you'll have 2 years to enjoy Argus while its current

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Kind of like your avatar, with the fel costume and holy hair!
    Oh yeah, guess i like green and yellow alot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    7.3 is a catch up cycle same as the lead up to ToS. If you don't have anything to do to prepare for 7.3 or one of those masochists that doesn't enjoy playing games but plays them anyways, then you should unsub.
    Good thing I play a lot more than WoW - so taking the comment as I hope I should: that is exactly why I am considering pausing, due to the fact that we're only doing ToS HC and I only "need" 2 more items, rest ist RNG upgrades. So...probably, yes.
    Realizing that I do not enjoy it as much as I should anymore > should take a break. It's only this typical "drug" issue of thinking you miss on something out that has always been my issue with WoW.

Why are MODs not cleaning this topic from all the people answering with a simple "unsub", without even trying to combat OP's complaints/arguments?

What if I go on all forum sections and and just flood all topics with answers like "stop watching the news", "stop reading Trump's tweets", "don't go to work", "quit playing w/e class you are thinking is shit" or w/e, to deny the activity/aspect which the respective OP wants to discuss?

Allowing this kind of replies you only let flaming begging, massive number of crap posts, which I think is the duty of a moderator to stop. But maybe not only blizz is milking a cash cow.

(and now somebody will say "stop reading if you don't like it" :-) )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Choochill View Post
    I'm on a kick today. That "kick" is trying to understand WHY people come here and tell the world how unhappy they are with Warcraft. Why on earth do you play if you feel so miserable in the game? There are literally thousands upon thousands of other games out there in the world that you can play that might fit your personal desires in gaming much more satisfactorily than Warcraft is currently doing for you. I honest to God do not understand why people complain about this game. Personally, I enjoy it, otherwise I'd go play something else. It's not like I'm so heavily invested into the game that my life will end, or some great tragedy will befall me should I unsubscribe. So why is it so hard for others to just unsubscribe, move on, and play something else?

Are you looking for a specific type of empathy from the Warcraft community? Are you looking for justification to your unrest? Are you just trying to flame a fire of unhappiness upon others as an attempt to influence their own opinions and perhaps make them empathize with you further? I seriously don't get it. Don't like the game? Fine, find one you do enjoy! It's all about personal happiness and enrichment. If this isn't for you (which I'm positive it isn't for everyone) then move on and find your game.
    Don't be a hypocrite man. You know, we can always check your previous posts and see all your complaints, like this one. The OP is maybe venting a little bit, same as you were doing when you got your Sephuz.

So maybe you explain why you think Argus is good (maybe deconstruct OP's arguments), but don't give us moral lessons, you are in no position to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    It is in no way a "safe assumption" that "time played" equals enjoyment. Every player that uses flight points, is wasting valuable free time doing literally NOTHING and I'd say 99% of them are not "having fun" while they are on that flight point doing nothing. Yet they take it. Why? Because they want to do something they find fun later.

The game is filled with tons of these trade-offs and there is literally no one on this planet that can possibly be "having fun" all the time with the many many pointless ways in which the devs waste our time to generate player usage stats.

Just because someone can be bribed via loot, or access or what the fuck ever into doing something and add into a database of player participation somewhere doesn't mean shit about what players like. When there is a true choice, then you can compare statistics and determine which players like better but even then you'd have to be an idiot to assume that just because players spend X hrs going from one place to another playing WoW that they are enjoying it.

All you can safely assume is that the overall tradeoff is still acceptable to the player and when the equation gets too tilted to the "time wasted that i don't enjoy side" vs the other, then you have a former customer and the devs are great at creating those.
    Ah I see you conveniently glazed over this part:

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I mean what kind of rational person wastes valuable free time on shit they don't enjoy?
    But there isn't a shred of your response resembles anything like rationality, so...

i'm not. Having a blast on Argus.

But there isn't a shred of your response resembles anything like rationality, so...
    Every person on the planet with a job they don't like.
    Every player in WoW that does something they don't like to access something they do.

I didn't glaze over anything unless it is your contention that nobody is WoW or real life ever makes a rational choice to do something they don't like to access something they enjoy.

Everything I said is entirely rational. There is no direct inference that someone enjoys something IF it is used to gate something else or provides the means to access other things. At best you can say people are williing to make that exchange - it proves nothing about the enjoyability of any given activity in the game if something else is locked behind it or it pays something akin to currency.

If it is your contention that there are no deliberate timesinks or that Blizzard does not concern itself with inflating the very metrics that it reports to Wall Street, then you are the one that isn't looking at things rationally.

- - - Updated - - -

To answer this question: I mean what kind of rational person wastes valuable free time on shit they don't enjoy?

Every player in WoW that does something they don't like to access something they do.
    Every person who has ever made a compromise with someone for the sake of their relationship with them.
    Anyone who has ever made a trade-off essentially. Duh.

I didn't glaze over anything unless it is your contention that nobody is WoW or real life ever makes a rational choice to do something they don't like to access something they enjoy.

Everything I said is entirely rational. There is no direct inference that someone enjoys something IF it is used to gate something else or provides the means to access other things. At best you can say people are williing to make that exchange - it proves nothing about the enjoyability of any given activity in the game if something else is locked behind it or it pays something akin to currency.

If it is your contention that there are no deliberate timesinks or that Blizzard does not concern itself with inflating the very metrics that it reports to Wall Street, then you are the one that isn't looking at things rationally.

I mean what kind of rational person wastes valuable free time on shit they don't enjoy?
    So do you enjoy replying to people with opinions that you don't value as being rational? Or would you say you're wasting your valuable free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Case in point.

Comparing your time spent at work to time spent on a video game. They are not the same thing.

Very few people in this world have the luxury of not needing to work to survive. What we are talking about (playing WoW) is the time and money left over from the necessities of life "free time". Most rational people spend time and money on things they enjoy... it would be quite ridiculous of me to go buy a sack of dog shit, and expect to get some sort of enjoyment out of it, moreover why the FUCK would I pay for that? If your perception is that Argus and WoW are dog shit... why are you rolling around in it?

Its quite pathetic that I need to sit you down like a fucking child and explain what "free time" is or disposable/discretionary time, also known as leisure time. "[The] time spent away from business, work, job hunting, domestic chores, and education, as well as necessary activities such as eating and sleeping."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure
    Though I suspect you knew that and are just obtuse for the sake of doing so.

So the very fact that you confuse the 2 suggests that you are not being rational, and you are in fact, quite irrational.

http://www.healthline.com/health/psychosis
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-09-05 at 06:31 PM.

The only issue I have with the patch is the terrain not being "clear" enough in term of colors palette so I don't really get to enjoy the true beauty of the scenery, but other than that who cares? it's a game we play, sometimes it's good, sometimes not so good, deal with it and move on, or take a break from the game. I've done that during most of Cata, some time in MoP, about a year in WoD (and I came back for legion), and yet I still praised WoW back then because no matter the direction it takes it's always gonna be controversial especially when you have such a diverse community, heck its bigger than the population of several countries added up.
    Last edited by Sberdila; 2017-09-05 at 05:08 PM.

God forbid they don't give you a map that makes the game a giant "walk from point A to point B" and have to wander a little in an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So do you enjoy replying to people with opinions that you don't value as being rational? Or would you say you're wasting your valuable free time?
    I get a certain amount of pleasure in pointing out the irony, hypocrisy, and futility in others. Also I'm on the clock... so this ain't exactly "free time".

Feel free to help your buddy take a turn back to reality at any time. If you 2 are only interesting in Blizz bashing, and aren't open to what the opposition might say (whether you like it or not) go start a fucking blog.