Don't allow individuals to create more than 1 thread every 5 min

What is this problem with the bots in this forum specific? Not that the other forums don't have problems but on this specific one it has these weird ones with baba ji and body cream, why do they targer the mmo-champ forum and not the rest is there something special about this place? The only solution that i see to this is to not allow individual people to open more than 1 thread every 5 minutes, like that the bots wont be able to spam and they will be tracked easily for ban while the normal users will still be able to comment freely without the time-limit and also create threads like they used to.

I'd say make brand new accounts not allowed to post threads for at least 10m and you can only make a thread once an hour or so and post/reply once every 5m. All these limitations go away when you have 50 posts or so.

It is an anomaly that of all the forums I visit, this is the ONLY one that gets destroyed with spam bots. You'd think they'd have something in place to prevent that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It would also keep certain people named after certain famous WoW priests now turned King of the Alliance from posting new threads every 5 minutes as well. lol.

Seems like a pretty solid change.

Curse doesnt give a fuck lets be real

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Seems like a pretty solid change.
    Indeed, I can't think for me to create a multiple threads in quick succession?

If I am interested in the topic, then I should be interested in the thread I've created.

I support the above.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been said in many other threads suggesting this, the reasons we don't have any restrictions on thread creation for new accounts is that if spambots are not allowed to make new threads, they post in existing threads. This makes them enormously harder to spot then when they make a brand new thread with a super obvious title, and it makes cleaning up their posts much more time consuming. The current system means we can clean up spambots significantly faster.

I know they post very rapidly and it can often look like we don't catch them very fast (and sometimes it is hard in hours when less mods are around) but this way is absolutely the most efficient way.

What you guys also don't see is that for every spam thread that gets through, our spamfilter catches dozens more. There are thousands of threads that get caught before they even make it on the forums. Yes, what you see can be pretty bad at times, but a lot of effort goes into making sure it's not a lot worse than it is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |