Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Agreed on all fronts. The Naaru have proven entirely useless thus far in game.
    Not entirely useless.. That are excellent power cores for space ships
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, Titans came to be from Light shards originally and they're told to be uniquely susceptible to Fel. But yeah, apart that there's really not a direct correlation between Light and Fel.
    From my understanding, that's just a general requirement for living beings. Makes you wonder if the Old Gods also have one.

But the Titans were vulnerable because Sargeras essentially threw the antithesis of their being at them. How he himself survived Mardum is an unanswered question.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    X'era was weakened, and Illidan is one of the most powerful characters in Warcraft lore.

I don't see a problem.
    is this just speculation that X'era was weakened or did they say somewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well her heart was apart from her body for the last few months, her body was in a ship that crashed and she had just had her heart put back in its place. That sounds like keeping a man on bypass and while the heart is out, dropping the body down a flight of stairs and then reversing the bypass.
    Don't forget throwing the heart down a chimney and letting it sit in a cabinet for a few weeks. It's visibly cracked, too.

Deleted
    my guess is that theyre more or less immortal godlike creatures, but their physical form is relatively easy destroyed.

The Naaru don't seem to be on the same team. One Naaru told us to kill Illidan while the next Naaru claimed we made a mistake. Xe'ra actually said that she was going to be "lost to the great dark" once we completed our mission which kinda implies that Illidan's attack was actually part of her prophecy. There is a strong probability that she allowed herself to be destroyed.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Awakenings
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    If he recovered to himself shortly before TBC (the one described in the novel), he might be one of the most powerful characters on our side at the moment (not counting the Titans, of course). Probably the most, if we don't count Malfurion (an angry Malfurion is brokenly powerful, but he hasn't gotten that mad much during this expansion).
    Of course, why would he? They only took Cenarius to the Nightmare and killed Ysera. Also corrupted half of Val'Sharah, one of the sacred Druid places. His birthplace IIRC.

They don't do things. They are something.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Agreed on all fronts. The Naaru have proven entirely useless thus far in game.
    "They don't punch things ergo they are useless".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Most things do indeed become badass when infused with the void.
    Like priests.

Parasites are useless without their host.

And we call that thing fragile . . .

I mean O'ros might be called fragile but Rakeesh had almost killed him (and he had spent all that time we were cleaning up the Exodar doing so) before Velen healed him and then ate a Fel Reaver to the face.
    I dunno. I don't think he was trying terribly hard. He pretty much oneshot him(it?) once he actually got serious, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "They don't punch things ergo they are useless".
    If GenOT taught me something its that they should pull their weight and punch a na- I mean demon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    The Naaru don't seem to be on the same team. One Naaru told us to kill Illidan while the next Naaru claimed we made a mistake. Xe'ra actually said that she was going to be "lost to the great dark" once we completed our mission which kinda implies that Illidan's attack was actually part of her prophecy. There is a strong probability that she allowed herself to be destroyed.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Awakenings
    I absolutely agree this was a part of Xe'ra's plan. Naaru are ancient, powerful beings. Xe'ra was a Naaru that was specifically fixed on Illidan and knew him inside out, surely. It surely must have known how powerful Illidan really is and it surely known what would happen. I am kinda positive the plan went through. Holy energy began to fill Illidan and it passed out from Turalyon's eyes. I strongly believe Xe'ra was filling Turalyon with power and now it went to Illidan.

But it will remain hidden until need be.

Can't wait to see what awaits us in Antorus.

EDIT:

I strongly believe Xe'ra transfered its power to Illidan for one simple reason. A lot of us know Illidan will play a part in Antorus and with his former "master" Sargeras. We know Sargeras is basically the de facto overlord/ruler of all things fel and we know how much of Illidan's power is fel. I strongly believe Xe'ra's sacrifice was so that Sargeras couldn't control Illidan because I have no problem imagining that Sargeras upon meeting with Illidan closely will hold an upper hand until Xe'ra's power unshackles him from fel control of Sargeras.

I imagine there's a strong connection between Illidan and Sargeras (see Harry and Voldemort) and I strongly belive Xe'ra played its Dumbledore part in this

Or we maybe be completely wrong. November can't come too soon.
    Last edited by mmoc18a8a8cfdd; 2017-09-04 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it said that A'dal could easily level a mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What if that hearth transplant made her more powerful?

(just guessing)

And what about Illidan power right now?
    That was not a transplant, it was Xe'ra's original core.

Deleted
    It's true, compared to past lore, Malfurion is weak in Legion. I mean Ysera thinks he has a stronger command of the dream than she did and Deathwing or N'zoth asked Azshara herself to provide a distraction to get him out of Hyjal.
    I agree with you.

With Malfurion I think there's one thing holding him back. Well, he is the oldest emo mankind ever known but honestly, I think it's his fear of his own power. I'd believe he fears he may lose control like Illidan (we kinda know that Illidan didn't lose control of his power but from Malfurion's PoV it may seem so). And there are only few things that will drive him to using his actual power.. for example, if daddy Cenarius is in danger or, especially, if sweet Tyrande is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    From my understanding, that's just a general requirement for living beings. Makes you wonder if the Old Gods also have one.
    If there's any entity who does not posses even a glimmer of Light that's surely an Old God. They came to be from the Void itself and they're probably not even "alive" by the mortal's usual standard. Just cancerous entities spreading like a virus throughout the cosmo.

It's true, compared to past lore, Malfurion is weak in Legion. I mean Ysera thinks he has a stronger command of the dream than she did and Deathwing or N'zoth asked Azshara herself to provide a distraction to get him out of Hyjal.
    The overpowerment of Malfurion has always been retarded but backtracking so much to have him become nearly useless is just a stupidity born out of previous stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If there's any entity who does not posses even a glimmer of Light that's surely an Old God. They came to be from the Void itself and they're probably not even "alive" by the mortal's usual standard. Just cancerous entities spreading like a virus throughout the cosmo.
    Certainly possible. They aren't exactly dying "normally" after all.

Elune and the Naaru turning out evil from our mortal perspective is about the best plot twist I can think of for this game. I'd be all for such an expansion, the consequences would be great for many of ther races' cultures.

Blizzard always finds ways and excuses to incapacitate Malfurion to not let him have any major role in game. For Legion, it's "His tie to nature and the dream is too strong, so he is extra vulnerable to the nightmare". I still don't understand why he doesn't help fight the legion. He gave the command of the dreamgrove to the player then just disappeared.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-09-04 at 10:38 PM.