Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Pogba is a moment player although he has gotten more consistent lately. A Pogba - Kante midfield won't work against the top teams, they need another center mid to help out.
    Throw Bakayoko or Matuidi in there too and tighten it up and push Pogba more forward. Griezmann/Giroud will get service all day

15+ Year Old Account
    Belgium did indeed have a weak group, but I'm not complaining, or well, would have been more interesting in a harder group, but heh, what can you do.

Deleted
    You got a good team and I personally believe Martinez is not a bad coach. Let's see if Belgium can finally give that needed jump @ the WC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Throw Bakayoko or Matuidi in there too and tighten it up and push Pogba more forward. Griezmann/Giroud will get service all day
    I actually believe that would be a great decision. Pogba shouldn't play next to Kanté because it limits him. His potential is upwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, I see you lot sorted it out but I just want to let you know that the mods (both sports mods, and globals) are aware of things going on in this thread. I was unfortunately not available at the time to come and shout at all of you (who am I kidding I can't shout, I'd have gotten Crissi to do that), but I'm glad you managed to sort it out between you and move on. Let's try to keep this thread enjoyable for everyone and I just want to make a small reminder that this is not and England/PL only thread. Any league can be discussed and I don't want people feeling like they're not allowed to post about their countries league for whatever reason. I understand that most of the posters in this thread follow the PL, but let's try to stay open minded towards other leagues as well.

I'm not trying to restart the discussion with this post, as I said I'm glad you lot sorted it out between yourselves, I just wanted to let you know that Big Brother is constantly watching and that the thread is more enjoyable if everyone remains open minded. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    You got a good team and I personally believe Martinez is not a bad coach. Let's see if Belgium can finally give that needed jump @ the WC.
    Martinez is indeed not a bad coach. I honestly didn't dislike Wilmots, but Martinez seems to be doing a better job. However I don't know if Belgium has what it takes to really be a serious contender for the WC. We have the talent, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to add up. Other teams like Germany and Spain would easily out play Belgium right now, in my opinion.

I personally believe Martinez is not a bad coach.

I actually believe that would be a great decision. Pogba shouldn't play next to Kanté because it limits him. His potential is upwards.
    He plays Hazard back from injury early so I like him, more of that please.

Yeah pogba is better as more a 10, than a 6 or 8. Utd still need him to do the dirty work in midfield though to use his speed in transition counter attacking and its not so bad when you've got mhkhitaryan infront of you in the 10, not a bad option to pass too and Matic fills the space left behide like a genius and cleans up better than anyone

Martinez is pretty much par for the course for international coaches. Top coaches very rarely take national team jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genuine question for the France supporters here. What's your opinion of Didier Deschamps?

His starting line-up selections have been somewhat suspect from what I've been reading. What are the chances he gets sacked?

I like Martinez.
    Did a steller job in his first season at Everton, and also got Wigan the FA Cup. Yes, they were relegated, but still a fantastic achievement.

Hopefully he'll come back to the Prem one day. I can imagine him being really successful with a side like Southampton

10+ Year Old Account
    Big game for Slovakia tonight. I'm hoping for an upset but it'll probably end up being a stalemate encounter. Germany, on the other hand, should have no problems scoring 4+ against Norway.

Deleted
    Chelsea didn't put Costa on the CL player's list, so he is going to Atl. Madrid in January.

Deleted
    Nobody has figured out what Pogba's best position is.

Our team selection vs Luxemburg was sketchy at best and we still struggle to break sides down that sit deep and defend with ten men behind the ball.

Kante and Lemar are a cut above though it must be said.

Chelsea didn't put Costa on the CL player's list, so he is going to Atl. Madrid in January.
    Man utd did the reverse for zlatan, he's on the cl's list, while he's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Man utd did the reverse for zlatan, he's on the cl's list, while he's injured.
    Thats interesting as I didnt think he'd be back before the group stages are over, you get to re-register after the group stage IIRC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vincent Janssen left out of Spurs CL squad. Not that surprising but it really sucks for him. There are plenty of teams where he would get to play every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Vincent Janssen left out of Spurs CL squad. Not that surprising but it really sucks for him. There are plenty of teams where he would get to play every game.
    I mean we did try loan him out but he didn't want to go. I think we'd love to see him get game time and develop, but if he isn't scoring what can you do? You can't just keep forcing him in there and praying today is the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean we did try loan him out but he didn't want to go. I think we'd love to see him get game time and develop, but if he isn't scoring what can you do? You can't just keep forcing him in there and praying today is the day.
    No, it is totally understandable. I was under the impression he was leaving during the transfer period but the deal didn't happen. He should never have gone to the Spurs in the first place. He should have joined Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord first.

Deleted
    Janssen is fine as a back up, but we've got Llorente now whose far more proven.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats interesting as I didnt think he'd be back before the group stages are over, you get to re-register after the group stage IIRC?
    Yeah you do

Deleted
    yes, that's why Costa no playing the CL with Chelsea means he will do so for Atletico in January

Deleted
    If Ingleterra can pump Slovakia we would love you in Scotland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    If Ingleterra can pump Slovakia we would love you in Scotland
    The England team couldn't pump a tyre let alone Slovakia