Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I haven't paid for anything Wow since 7.1 was revealed to not finish Pathfinder and unlock flight. I did break down and buy the necro pack for Diablo 3, and that was a horrible idea and not worth the money at all. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
    Interestingly, while the necromancer didn't give me as much fun as I hoped it might, I don't regret buying it. I have enjoyed RoS quite a bit for a long time, so it's not like the money was really wasted
    I went pure token when Draenor Pathfinder was announced and resubbed when I read the requirements for Legion one. Argus might indeed convince me to go back to tokens.
    I surely do hope a lot of people operate simlarly: pay for entertainment when the entertainer managed to entertain you, don't pay in any other case.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Interestingly, while the necromancer didn't give me as much fun as I hoped it might, I don't regret buying it. I have enjoyed RoS quite a bit for a long time, so it's not like the money was really wasted
    I went pure token when Draenor Pathfinder was announced and resubbed when I read the requirements for Legion one. Argus might indeed convince me to go back to tokens.
    I surely do hope a lot of people operate simlarly: pay for entertainment when the entertainer managed to entertain you, don't pay in any other case.
    Necro just wasn't worth $15. There should have been an option for JUST the class unlock for $5. I sure as hell didn't want the wings or the stupid portrait background. But stupid me wanted to play the live class. Shoulda waited for a sale. :/

Tokens are actually more beneficial for Blizzard than a normal sub. You may not be personally shelling out money, but someone else paid them $20 instead of $15. By maintaining your sub with a token, you're actually promoting their business model MORE, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    How dare Blizzard make you feel this way on a hostile, alien planet with anti-air fortifications that they showcase in the very intro cinematic?
    Fighting the terrain....not the enemy. See there is a difference....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Fighting the terrain....not the enemy. See there is a difference....
    I guess you didn't listen to the quest lore; the very planet itself is out to get you. Not to mention that we, you know, fight the embodiment of Argus in the upcoming raid. Sorry if that design philosophy doesn't strike you as acceptable, if not enjoyable.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I guess you didn't listen to the quest lore; the very planet itself is out to get you. Not to mention that we, you know, fight the embodiment of Argus in the upcoming raid. Sorry if that design philosophy doesn't strike you as acceptable, if not enjoyable.
    Did the lore tell them to make the zones really frustrating and boring? I guess I missed that quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    I won't set foot in Argus after unlocking the crucible. It's really annoying for classes without any self heals like mage ,i'm really getting sick of sitting and eating food everytime i pull a fucking pack of mobs.
    Use fighter chow then. 400% out of combat HP regen.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Did the lore tell them to make the zones really frustrating and boring? I guess I missed that quest.
    That's their opinion vs yours. If you are dissatisfied, belly aching on mmo-champ is going to accomplish nothing. Go voice your opinions on the official forums if you haven't already. In the meantime, go play a game that doesn't cause you to froth at the mouth.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

That's their opinion vs yours. If you are dissatisfied, belly aching on mmo-champ is going to accomplish nothing. Go voice your opinions on the official forums if you haven't already. In the meantime, go play a game that doesn't cause you to froth at the mouth.
    I would not be so sure about that. Blizzard is rather good at following other platforms, not just their own forums.
    They might not answer you here but they do read.

And isn't that what a large portion of the player base was clamoring for?
    No. /tenchars
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Seriously? It's only going for 126g on mine with most at 326 then next one at 541g. It only takes 25 leather. Find a LW friend to make you a bunch
    I doubt they even work now. The Stirrups don't. They only work on the Broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i'll almost certainly be chastised but outland lanscapes and even northrend zones, were not a pain in the ass to navigate or get around in. as i was questing through stormheim, i was literally on a "road" that was on the side of a cliff and then once at the top of it was packed with clusters of mobs. it just didnt appear to be that way in BC, Wrath or any expansion really up until WoD
    I wasn't disagreeing with you. Since the flight "decision", they have made terrain a ridiculous and what they think is subtle time sink. Be it the cliff you are describing, having to spiral around and around something to get to a mob or item or even just falling in a "pond" that has walls that are so steep you can't get out of it on a mammoth - they are abusing the terrain design to generate player time stats. 10 to 30 seconds here and there times millions of players adds up.

The thing is, time spent playing wasn't a metric of interest to Wall Street during the older expansions, hence the terrain was used in less extreme ways to consume player time.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I find more enjoyment in zones that feel like they are places to live. These zones aren't that (and couldn't ever be that).
    For me its the lack of logic in layout. I realize expecting a alien world to look familiar is silly but caves and multitiered building/structures seem to start and end without a whole lot of logic to their design things that look like they connect rarely do.

Deleted
    My friend, don't even argue with them. They are the kind of people who only play WoW to raid. They are the kind of people who like to log in, max everything out in less time possible and log out till next raid. They are the kind of people who loved WoD because the little effort you needed to join a raid.

If anything is a bit more immersive, a bit more complicated, a bit more time consuming, they will hate it. You can't argue with them sadly.

I don't mind the difficulty of it, it's the homeworld of the legion. It's supposed to be difficult to traverse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Tokens are actually more beneficial for Blizzard than a normal sub. You may not be personally shelling out money, but someone else paid them $20 instead of $15. By maintaining your sub with a token, you're actually promoting their business model MORE, not less.
    This could mean anything only if people who buy tokens for cash would never do that unless others bought them for gold. It would take some considerable proof process from Blizzard to convince me about that, especially as long as the token, while visually attached to auction house UI, is actually a vendor item.
    As long as I don't start burning time farming gold for tokens, it's literally free game time, whether sponsored by other players or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I don't mind the difficulty of it, it's the homeworld of the legion. It's supposed to be difficult to traverse.
    Intent and success are two different things. Something can be what it is intended to be and still not work.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    There is no such thing as The Community and I don't think there has been once at least since Cata hit the fan. That's when one minority got catered to so much with the exclusion of everyone else that people started to actually leave by the millions.
    Idiotic design of various areas and many other retarded decisions made by Bliz are already heavily criticised, but as long as big and loud enough a clique keeps trying to make themselves feel cool by sucking up to anything Bliz shits out, such decisions will keep being made. There is a way to let Blizz know they need to pull their heads out of their bowels a bit and I do take the option whenever I deem the bliztardation to have hit the critical level again. I involves money not moving from you to Blizzard.
    I am not so sure. At least, not for WoW.

I mean, look at the sub losses Blizz took during the first 6 months of WoD. For any rational dev or administrative team, that would be the cue to start a emergency meeting and SERIOUSLY re-evaluate their strategy until that point, and react accordingly.

Instead, their decision was to mantain the course of action (and anyone familiar with WoD´s production history knows what it means). About this time, they let slip (as the interview was given in an obscure third-party website, on a Friday, just before a major holiday) "that there were no plans to bring Flight back, for either current or future content." 2 weeks later, they would be forced to backtrack in this decision, as the forum uproar reached about the same levels as the RealID fiasco. WoW sub numbers are at its lowest in its entire history (about 4,5 million).

By this time, a rational team would realize that their decisions so far were actually damaging their product, and reverse course.

However, their decision was to keep doing the same as they did, but harder. The sub numbers were used as a metric for evaluating the game´s health, so they declared that sub numbers for WoW would no longer be announced. Tanaan Jungle was harshly criticized for its terrain, so they extended that design style to the ENTIRE Broken Isles map, and made Argus even more extreme. WoD´s pathfinder was harshly criticized, so they made the Broken Isles Pathfinder even longer, with about double the amount of steps for completion, and time-gated for about 8 months, AND also made the reward for the achievement unusable in the very next major patch.

Conclusion: The current person or team responsible for WoW´s production and design doesn´t seem to acknowledge or care about its customer base opinion, and the fact that their revenue is entirely dependent on that same customer base being happy enough with their product to actually spend their money.
    Last edited by Connll; 2017-09-04 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Greetings,

I'm strongly in the camp of no-flying but Krokuun and Antoran are really testing me. I'm wondering what's going through Blizzards mind and why they don't seem to be making terrain easier to navigate and are instead making it harder.

As I said I'm generally not bothered by having to explore via ground mounts, but my limits are being pushed when to get to each world quest you have to run over some of the most chaotic and confusing terrain yet while trying not to get dazed off your mount when charging through often unavoidable fields of mobs. Graveyards also seem to be few and far between making corpse runs a pain.

How do you feel about this?
    I think it's great. I would do away with flying mounts completely, but then that is one of the things I loved about Vanilla... is it aggravating and annoying sometimes? Yeah, but worth it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorGz View Post
    Flying was a mistake.
    So was your Father not using a Condom

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-09-05 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    I find whole argus story and gameplay weak.. nothing interesting there anyway. It would be less pain with flying so you can skip some stupid terrain things