Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Simple solution: disable Master Loot options (force Personal loot) for raids with 20% people who did the boss on the account once (personal loot locks tier pieces, which are the crux of split raiding). Or lock the loot entirely to a person when he gets that with same conditions.

Will solve another problem to an extent: gear runs.
    Err I actually like playing my alts and to punish my alt runs just because of a matter that affects perhaps 0.1 per mille of the wow population seems a little bit harsh.

Which brings me back to the topic: If you cannot cope with what is demanded from a world first player then refrain from participate in the race. It's a niche problem for a niche playerbase. As long as there is no solution that doesn't affect the larger playerbase I see no reason or intention to change anything.

And this is an issue for less than 1% of the player base. In other words, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Easy;
    Just ignore it, it only effects the top 20 guilds (tops)
    If you are pushing your awesome world rank 1987 and your leader forces you to do split runs, then you are doing it really wrong.
    Plot twist, most of top 200 do, or at least try to run at minimum 2 heroic splits.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is fame and fortune on the line, people will torture themselves for it just to be able to say they did it or at-least attempted it.
    Tell yourself what you have to while aiming for the moon and shooting for the stars.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. Blizzard should not inconvenience normal players because some tiny minority want to burn themselves out and then whine about it.

Well I don't do splits - and I'd never do - but if people want to put in the time and the effort what are we to tell them what to and what not to do?

As an example, if you somehow made splitraiding 1/4 effective as it is now, top guilds would still do it. If you made splits THRICE as effective, they'd still do it. If the question here is complaining about people not wanting to do split raids to keep up then tough luck, if you want to be the top you have to do what it takes to be top. (And I use "top" here loosely - I have no life aswell but I'm not deluded enough that WoW is a sacred practice or anything)

tl;dr: We shouldn't tell people what to and what not to do in a video game. Some Korean would die either way.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Only way to stop it would be to make lockouts account wide for the latest tier and I think that does more harm then good.

Its a player problem not a dev one.

Deleted
    I laughed a little. Nobody likes doing them? And they are still doing it?
    It's a problem these players have created themselves. Stop doing it. That's all. Or blizzard can remove raid difficulties I guess. Isn't that what made these split runs possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzel View Post
    I am involved. And many other players are involved who wants to participate in the competitve mythic scene but cant afford to spend pure quantity of time on multiple charackters only to equip one of those.

Stop denying problems you dont want to be true.

It's not a problem, it's a choice. You choose the guild you run with, if you don't like their requirements find another guild.

Stop confusing game design with player choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    There are 2 ways of "fixing" Splitruns and neither are likely to ever happen

1) Players stop doing it,
    and
    2) Blizzard makes raid lockouts acc-wide for x weeks after a new tier release.

Splitruns is one of the final challenges for raid system design and the verdict is that you cannot fix it without imposing limitations that'll spill over on many, many more typical players and that is not worth it. Just another example of players needing game devs to save them from themselves.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Every single suggestion to fix this hurts people who don't do it, and never would do it, the best method is just to leave it alone.

You can't combine lockouts, that hurts every guild (i.e. farm first night of the week, progression second type thing)

You can't force personal (honestly, personal is not bad but it handles tier the wrong way, but still, master is better in a guild setting)

Any type of "account" level lock (this is the worst of them all, do people not realize some people LIKE playing multiple characters?)

Just leave it, if they want to stop it it would have to be a gentleman's agreement type thing, as many have said, it's a player problem, not a dev problem.

Just make items from raids BoA - simplier - better - easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does anything need to be done about it? It only affects a very few and if they dislike it so much then they should stop doing it.

It's not up to Blizzard to solve obsessive-compulsive needs within guilds. If they want to raid for 20 hours a day that's on them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    It only affects the top guilds so who cares
    top 300-400 guilds does this. its not just a top 20 thing at all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's awful but there is no clean way to do it. Most of the imposed solutions hurt people who don't do it as well, and it truthfully is a small amount of players anyway.

It's still a small number but a lot of guilds, but a lot of guilds still try to do it in some capacity (like one split, of 75% of the instance or something).

Deleted
    Changing it to personal loot wouldn't help because you can still trade items to other characters in the raid. The only way you could possibly fix it would be to make all loot drops non-tradeable, but this would be pretty frustrating if someone loots an item they don't need when it's a huge upgrade for someone else. That would be far more demoralising than simply keeping the current system.

My guild's world 350 or something like that and we do not do split runs, which is good because I work and I simply wouldn't have the time to participate in them. I prefer my alts to be strictly for fun, with no pressure on maintaining them.

Honestly as others said this is something players inflict upon themselves, but this random warforging/titanforging nonsense does not help matters. Mythic should drop superior loot to heroic, heroic should drop superior loot to normal, etc. It should just not be possible to loot a 950 item in LFR, ever.

Other than that this is something the top 0.1% of guilds will do. The amount of guilds that do not will outnumber the amount that do so if split runs aren't your thing there are plenty of guilds out there full of players that agree with you. Unless you are going for world first there's literally no point, nobody is going to care or remember about you getting the 74th kill on Kil'Jaeden so if you're in that kind of guild it's little more than a death march.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Err I actually like playing my alts and to punish my alt runs just because of a matter that affects perhaps 0.1 per mille of the wow population seems a little bit harsh.

Which brings me back to the topic: If you cannot cope with what is demanded from a world first player then refrain from participate in the race. It's a niche problem for a niche playerbase. As long as there is no solution that doesn't affect the larger playerbase I see no reason or intention to change anything.
    How does that punish you? If you play alts you are most likely doing it with PuGs anyway. If not, well, you are in said 1% (because majority doesn't want to do several runs of the same raid and difficulty twice a week). It's not that you are not getting loot, you just can't deliberately distribute loot to benefit a small group now.

How does that punish you? If you play alts you are most likely doing it with PuGs anyway. If not, well, you are in said 1% (because majority doesn't want to do several runs of the same raid and difficulty twice a week). It's not that you are not getting loot, you just can't deliberately distribute loot to benefit a small group now.
    Because trading loot is actually a thing in pugs? I got my t20 4 set bonus on three chars by receiving the item from other players, and I trade pretty much every tier item that is no upgrade for me to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Because trading loot is actually a thing in pugs? I got my t20 4 set bonus on three chars by receiving the item from other players, and I trade pretty much every tier item that is no upgrade for me to other players.
    Then again, most of the PuG, as I said, is going to be doing for the first time on their account, 2-3 people in the raid having already done it fits with 20% (this number is not set in stone BTW, they need to make focus group research to determine this number).

Then again, most of the PuG, as I said, is going to be doing for the first time on their account, 2-3 people in the raid having already done it fits with 20% (this number is not set in stone BTW, they need to make focus group research to determine this number).
    So? What does that change? It still affects me negatively if he cannot trade it because the one who got the item is one of the 20%. Just apart from the fact that most pugs consist of alts of raiders that obviously have a main raid (and so are loot trade locked), as especially in the first months of a raid having the raid achievements is one of the most wanted requirements for joining a pug.
    Since I usually pug with a friend, I could not trade items when we go for a second time for the week.
    Our main raid is sunday and monday, so to stay loot trade eligible for the main raid I would have to refrain from alt raiding until monday.

So many negative consequences for the broad playerbase to stop a fracture of the playerbase from voluntarily participating in a race and not being able to cope with it.