Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    This is probably one of the dumbest, most retarded things i read on the internet.
    pretty valid statement you make

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by begemoc View Post
    You'll be glad to hear I only did +9 last week and received 950 piece. Great start of 7.3 and as adult who can afford to play an hour a day because I got other responsibilities in life I was truly excited to upgrade my 900 item.
    do you raid at all?
    reason I ask is I raid with a group of working adults that are in the same boat as you.
    low time available, still tend to clear heroic before the next tier by raiding a shortened weekend eveneing schedule.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I feel like a lot of people don't understand what the word "free" means.
    It's a matter of effort reward. For instance, someone that puts a lot of effort and time into killing a mythic boss is rewarded with a 930 piece of gear. For that same person doing a +10 mythic dungeon is a trivial matter.

In their eyes, it's free loot. Considering that he spends hours each day progressing through content when suddenly there's another kind of content that he considers trivial awarding the same level of gear.

As for me, I don't care. Let them have their gear with shitty stats.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-help-please

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Who gives a shit? It's all going to be replaced with greens and blues in a few months.
    what is scary is that I have started getting weapon drops. NOOOOOOOOOOOO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The compensation for playing well in a raid should be the self-knowledge that you did well and that your raid group was successful. You can admire one another's play all you like and that absolutely should happen. That's what good teams do. Recognize each other's contribution to a successful result.
    yeah. superbowl rings, advertising contracts. nobody ever gets materialistic stuff like that for performing better than who they beat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You keep saying average player like you think the average player is 910 ilvl...
    like the average player is a normal/heroic raider...
    you seem to not know the average
    crafted gear is 900. assuming the player has an AVERAGE amount of AP on their weapon 910 is totally believable.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If vannila was casual then Legion is what? Super casual? Ultra mega easy super casual? We need new word for todays casual term.

- - - Updated - - -
    WoW has just always been the more casual MMO on the current Market. It always has been, it always will be. People just need to move on already. You don't lose xp when you die, you have flightpaths and mounts not requiring mages to port you, trash doesn't respawn after 30 min (or less), rares don't sometime spawn a placeholder (PH) mob instead, forcing you to kill the PH and wait another 12+ hours for him to HOPEFULLY spawn (or spawn another PH). You don't have to run back to your corpse naked. I mean I can go on but these are a few things that made WoW super ultra casual compared to every other MMO and it will continue to do that till the very end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yeah. superbowl rings, advertising contracts. nobody ever gets materialistic stuff like that for performing better than who they beat.
    Ignoring context is pointless. How many people have made a living for themselves playing this game?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    what is scary is that I have started getting weapon drops. NOOOOOOOOOOOO

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

crafted gear is 900. assuming the player has an AVERAGE amount of AP on their weapon 910 is totally believable.
    not everyone can afford full 900 crafted gear with obtiterum dude....
    910 is not believable
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    If the color of the quality of your gear has a serious effect on the psychology of your time playing, I suggest seeking professional help.
    I don't know which part of your reply makes less sense and is more unrelated to my post; the one before or after the comma.

It's catchup gear you absolute dolt, and it's hardly farmable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    And about your comment about mythic having less of a point. What? The whole point in mythic is experiencing harder boss fights and getting the big dick gear/titles/mounts to show it off.
    If title/mounts are the point of Mythic, then Mythic ToS is a colossal game design failure, since so few players are making it to the end.

Mosts "mythic raiders" have progression that has gone only partly through the instance. Gear is both the reward for that progression, and the thing that helps them progress further. Gearing is an integral part of mythic raiding, just as it is for heroic or normal mode raiding (or LFR, to a lesser extent.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by begemoc View Post
    You'll be glad to hear I only did +9 last week and received 950 piece. Great start of 7.3 and as adult who can afford to play an hour a day because I got other responsibilities in life I was truly excited to upgrade my 900 item.
    2 more similar comments and we can consider our work here done.
    We will officially blow OPs ass off from the burn it receives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If title/mounts are the point of Mythic, then Mythic ToS is a colossal game design failure, since so few players are making it to the end.
    Didn't Blizzard already agreed on that themselves?

Progression in WOW has always been about gear, because the majority of the stats you have as a player come from gear.
    Therefore playing the game has always been about increasing the level of gear in order to increase the level of mobs you could fight.
    Sure, you could run through a 110 zone naked but you would die quickly.

That is the core mechanic of WOW and always has been.

Endgame in WOW has always been about strict gear progression based on increasingly difficult raid instances.
    That really hasn't changed. There is no alternate "end game". And that is primarily the problem. Outside of leveling and quests which provide the lore and story, "end game" is by definition the END of the game, or end of a chapter of the game. It is where you finish off the bad boss of the expansion and close out the story. There is nothing after that.... until the next chapter or xpac. (In a sense it is no different than the traditional formula of a FPS. Run through a level, defeat the mobs and then beat the boss, with the biggest baddest boss at the end).

And this is the core problem. The game is now boiled down to a short spurt of leveling content with a little bit of story and lore and a rush to the END game. Which always means getting gear and then beating the final boss. And then wait 10 - 12 months to do it all over again. Vanilla WOW had no such limited context for the game. And all they are doing now is simply trying to "enhance" what limited easy content there is with gimmicks. Artifact weapons are a gimmick as currently implemented. They could have been something only rewarded after a long series of quests and achievements all over Azeroth but no. They gave them to everybody just for showing up. In keeping with the lore and nature of these items only very few people should have them and those should be required to get into an entry level raid. From there progression would be measured by increasing artifact power which exclusively comes from raid drops and achievements. That would leave all the other forms of gear as an alternate progression mechanic for those not into raiding. Along with that this idea that EVERYBODY is the ultimate general leading the fight against the legion makes no sense. That title should only come about as an achievement awarded after a long campaign and being exalted with the order hall. But they screwed themselves with this everything for everybody approach, which contradicts the idea that every body should be able to play the game their own way. That and free legendary weapons and the RNG titan forging system only made legion content so trivial that not even the gimmicks can really make it last. Would that mean that some folks would be left out of certain bits of content? Yes. But that only means there is something to shoot for and with the raid finder and group finder systems it isn't like it would be that difficult to obtain. It would just make the goal of attainment and a "reward" more tangible and "epic" than what you have today. You can't make something epic when it is handed out easily.

Bring back harder content with less "free loot" and folks may be a little more "content" with the content instead of obsessing over "end game" which should not ever be something that people are getting to so fast (Of course folks will always find something to complain about). But compared to Vanilla, or even better TBC, Legion content is trivial and easy by comparison which means folks are burning through it quickly especially since all kinds of epic loot is being given out so easily which was not previously the case. Some folks like this idea of a loot pinata system other folks don't. But I still see it as gimmicks over good game play.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-09-04 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You keep saying average player like you think the average player is 910 ilvl...
    like the average player is a normal/heroic raider...
    you seem to not know the average
    I got to 915 on my alt pretty quickly... you can argue knowing to coin world bosses isn't common knowledge but heroic level gear isn't hard to come by at all. Decent trinkets and weapons relics are another matter though but that could of been rng on my part.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is more appropriate than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    Time =/= skill

There is literally no point in giving a shit about 'casuals' getting free gear, 'casuals' by definition will not have the time nor interest to partake in Mythic raiding, or ANY raiding for that matter.

Personally I am a casual now as I have far less time, interest or guild connections to tackle raiding. I do LFR to experience the lore and get quests done, I have never been interested in that end of the game. That's fine.

So who cares if I get the same level of gear as you, I am not taking your achievement away, you are still completing a highly challenging encounter. Surely then it should be skill based and people getting free gear should have no effect on this, which means there should be nothing to worry about.
    No. You are wrong about pretty much everything.

While you seem to think mythic raiders get all of their enjoyment simply out of killing bosses; this couldn't be further from the truth. You see, a lot of raiders play (or played) this game to be the best. In skill AND in gear. A lot of people raid to be the best geared and to own anyone and everything in the game world, but also to be awed at. The entire reason I rolled a warrior was because I saw this insanely geared orc warrior with shadowmourne bladestorming everyone into the ground outside Orgrimmar. Keep in mind, transmog didn't exist back then so he basically looked like a god among men.

Your argument seems to be that gear doesn't award prestige; skill does. Wrong. Skill awards skill. You're not gonna determine the fastest Olympic Runner from them standing still, but you could (past tense being the key word here) gauge the dedication of the player from how geared they were.

This is another trait of WoW that has been lost as gear became more widely available (It completely snowballed in WoD and Legion).

Deleted
    Thanks for calling me (a casual) some sort of leech that doesn't deserve a piece of loot. I've done my fair share of raiding through 5 expansions and I grew tired of dedicating time to this game. I cannot afford to spend 2-3 evenings a week in raids. I am clearly a scrub noob that doesn't need gear and that is "part of the majority" because I am clearly doing mythic +10... The only content I do is WQ, leveling alts, seeing everything there is ingame and enjoying my time with an occasional boost from my guild through HC content.

We need gear because the class-specific challenges are not persé made for raiders, they're solo content like the Green Fire quest was. I'm 910 geared and I do not care about others getting gear... I am enjoying the game

15+ Year Old Account
    Boo fucking hoo, signed a mythic raider.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    Thanks for calling me (a casual) some sort of leech that doesn't deserve a piece of loot. I've done my fair share of raiding through 5 expansions and I grew tired of dedicating time to this game. I cannot afford to spend 2-3 evenings a week in raids. I am clearly a scrub noob that doesn't need gear and that is "part of the majority" because I am clearly doing mythic +10... The only content I do is WQ, leveling alts, seeing everything there is ingame and enjoying my time with an occasional boost from my guild through HC content.

We need gear because the class-specific challenges are not persé made for raiders, they're solo content like the Green Fire quest was. I'm 910 geared and I do not care about others getting gear... I am enjoying the game
    Nobody is saying you don't need gear, we're just saying you don't need the highest level gear available in the game from collecting fucking bear asses in Highmountain.

Deleted
    ^ That's the RNG part... You don't need the best gear in the game to beat Mythic raids... IIRC mobs now scale with ilvl, so it doesn't really matter what someone ilvl is if he/she is just doing solo-content.

And why are people so bothered? It's like they either feel envy or they hate the very guts of a man. No wonder people choose to play this game solo.

Deleted
    You should be raiding because you enjoy raiding, like PvP players play PvP because they actually enjoy it.
    If the loot is your main reason to do raids, you actually don't enjoy raiding to begin with, but the rewards at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Nobody is saying you don't need gear, we're just saying you don't need the highest level gear available in the game from collecting fucking bear asses in Highmountain.
    What are the chances that you will get constantly lucky and get great gear? Does that bit of gear come out of your pocket? Is your avatar the look on your face when some random guy gets lucky with some gear?

People need to worry about their own gear and not worry about what some random stranger has. The game would be much better.