Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Does not change its politics involve genocide.
    Yes, the politics of Fascism and Communism both include genocide. There hasn't been a single fascist or communist government which hasn't resorted to murdering its own citizens in some form or another. That's why I'm so surprised to see a blatant Communist being allowed free reign on a site that bans low-key Fascists daily. I mean, I'm all for free speech but if the right wing nut jobs are going to get banned and the left wing nutjobs aren't, that's not free speech. That's biased bullshit. Either let them both post their insane nonsense or ban them both because both are advocating authoritarian governance that always devolves into the darkest aspects of humanity.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Yes, the politics of Fascism and Communism both include genocide. There hasn't been a single fascist or communist government which hasn't resorted to murdering its own citizens in some form or another. That's why I'm so surprised to see a blatant Communist being allowed free reign on a site that bans low-key Fascists daily. I mean, I'm all for free speech but if the right wing nut jobs are going to get banned and the left wing nutjobs aren't, that's not free speech. That's biased bullshit. Either let them both post their insane nonsense or ban them both because both are advocating authoritarian governance that always devolves into the darkest aspects of humanity.
    Communism is Economic ideology, not all communist ideologies involve genocide. Communism does also not have to be authoritarian, in fact, the original idea behind communism was a stateless society.

Facism and communism are no way comparable.

Deleted
    Sounds like after they nullified the meaning of the words "nazi" and "fascist" the lefties are now out to nullify the definition of "terrorist".
    One can only guess at their agenda.

Im no fan of the man in question but damn the left is dum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck. Can't wait for the anger when Trump ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Sounds like after they nullified the meaning of the words "nazi" and "fascist" the lefties are now out to nullify the definition of "terrorist".
    One can only guess at their agenda.
    This is a right wing petition

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Can we get a petition to declare Donald Trump a terrorist too? Cause Trump is actually a legitimate threat to our national security.
    no more than people like you

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Can we get the kochs declared terrorists? How bout the mercers? And the devoses? Theyve manipulated and usurped the political process far more than soros. Soros is a small fish relative to the right wingers.
    Start a petition if you think so. /shrug

Petitions only mean something to leftists. They are just symbolic to those on the right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    This is a right wing petition
    I stand corrected then.
    Both sides of the political spectrum are dum.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Good luck. Can't wait for the anger when Trump ignores it.
    There will be none. The right doesn't put feelings above all else, so they understand this is symbolic. The only people that think this results in anything of meaning, are of the crazed Left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There will be none. The right doesn't put feelings above all else, so they understand this is symbolic. The only people that think this results in anything of meaning, are of the crazed Left.
    But you always put feelings above all else.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid petition is stupid. Just because 129k idiots sign something doesn't mean it's real. There are 300 million people in this country and 129K of that is a very small number. As far as the whitehouse having to take notice of this, they can simply say "no comment" and be done with it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But you always put feelings above all else.
    No I don't. That is what you crazed Democrats do. The obsession with the feels is not a thing of my side, nor is it a thing of my generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    No I don't. That is what you crazed Democrats do. The obsession with the feels is not a thing of my side, nor is it a thing of my generation.
    What are you saying? You always do this? It is those crazy Tijuanas who are always saying things. Not You!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Stupid petition is stupid. Just because 129k idiots sign something doesn't mean it's real. There are 300 million people in this country and 129K of that is a very small number. As far as the whitehouse having to take notice of this, they can simply say "no comment" and be done with it.
    Yeah, that law has no teeth. They have a pile of these things that have yet to be responded to.

That said, I COULD see Trump responding to this, just to take a shot at Soros.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Communism is Economic ideology, not all communist ideologies involve genocide. Communism does also not have to be authoritarian, in fact, the original idea behind communism was a stateless society.

Facism and communism are no way comparable.
    Marx's end goal for communism was to transition into a stateless society, but he supported totalitarianism as a means to that end. It's the one thing that separated him from the anarchists of his day, to which he drew much criticism. And Communism is actually a socio-political ideology and not wholly economic. You say not all Communist ideologies involve genocide and yet every single communist government has committed egregious human rights violations across the board. You can not point to a single communist government in history that was not guilty of this to some degree. And then to which apologists say, "well those states weren't really communist. They didn't do it right" and the cycle repeats itself all over again. This is where the whole "works on paper but not in practice" cliche comes from.

You expect a human to step down from their position of absolute power so it can turn into a stateless society but human nature dictates otherwise. This is why communism is wholly comparable to fascism because the political spectrum is not a line. It's a flat circle and the more you travel in one direction, the more it comes around towards the opposite direction. The differences between communism and fascism on paper seem large, but in practice, they are quite similar. They have more in common than not and the idea that communism is somehow better than fascism by default because of the Nazis is a strawman argument at best. They are both equally evil and destructive and should be resisted by the rational center of the masses at every turn. The solution to the rising fascist right is not an extreme reaction from the communist left. The only sane solution is moderate governance from the center where the rational and emotionally stable, albeit less vocal, majority resides. A choice between Hitler and Stalin is no choice at all.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Yeah there's legitimate fascist political parties too. Hitler was elected into office.
    No he wasn't. He was named Chancellor by the cronies in power. Weird how, of all the myths surrounding Nazis, this is one of the most enduring.

Then again, neither were the Communists elected in any country where they took power. But since Soros is demonstratively neither a nazi nor a communist I'm not sure how all this is relevant.

I don't really like the man and his ideologies. That said, it's a free country, if people want to petition something that can plainly be ignored for just about any reason, then I see no issue in letting them.

wait but what about Ben Ghazi

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/09...on-White-House

That's such bullshit. Now the WH even has to take an official position since the 100k threshold is passed.

You can't just make a clickbait petition to declare everyone you don't like a terrorist. That's fascist methods

We all need to stand behind Soros in this. Freedom is at stake

Please consider supporting the open society foundation if you can : https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org
    the fact that you support Soros is enough reason for me to sign the petition.

and...done.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I'd imagine that was the approach of the vast majority of signatories.
    Well, if you read the history of Soros, he's not exactly a pillar of the community. He's wanted in several countries for currency manipulation and other financial crimes.

He also was a Nazi in his youth.