10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Off topic - Wasn't last week around this forum. Where the hell all these daily leaks threads?
    Come back around Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can finally claim all the leaks that popped up were fake. Yay.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Here, maybe this will lighten some spirits.
    Seeing a planet from another planet is FAR different from seeing it through an artificial, hand-made globe. Devs are talking about the latter in the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    We can finally claim all the leaks that popped up were fake. Yay.
    Not conclusively but probably.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Seeing a planet from another planet is FAR different from seeing it through an artificial, hand-made globe. Devs are talking about the latter in the video.
    No, the devs were quite clear "Artists do it, I hope they didn't, representations of the world aren't canon". At no point do the devs imply that titan watchers were erroneous in their globes, that is a ridiculous thing to consider. The globes, as shown to us just do not spoil future content for obvious gameplay- only reasons and that can obviously also apply to artistic representations of the planet itself. According to BT, azeroth is flat or something.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    well, even so, this isn't something you can go by. because it doesn't even include quel'thalas or azuremyst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    It's time to admit your gamescom shit was utter bullshit, that you were wrong all along and a lot of stuff you say means nothing.
    How about you choke on that bullshit spewing out of your mouth, eh? We've been through this already. Yes, I was wrong. But I could just as well have been right. My speculation was perfectly valid all the way through, and while it seemed a lot less likely once we'd seen they didn't send out an invitation the week before Gamescom, it was pretty obvious to any thinking person that we were all half-jokingly sticking with it at that point. 50% goofing around, 50% clinging to hope based on some reasonable speculation.

We all know I was right in 2015, and your insufferable personality can't take away that fact. Anyone claiming from the start that they wouldn't unveil it at Gamescom this year has nothing to base that on, and literally 'won' the argument by a coin-toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    By the way can someone explain Lothraxion to me. The light-infused Nathrezim.
    He's a nathrezim that was purified by the Light, and there might be more like him. Also, he's been in the Army of Light for a while.

That's about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Hmm, moist. I see, the horde counterpart delivers it to Bilgewater harbor and I haven't noticed if they changed something. Do you have happen to have pre and post pics of the change? Great find TBH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Nice find btw,
    How long until 7.3.5 PTR?
    PTR will be before blizzcon IMHO.
    Was discussed back on page 528.

A sea-based expansion would be a great way to find an undiscovered continent out there somewhere.

Deleted
    @scarecrowz This is a thead for 8.0 speculation, idk why you guys discuss about Legion design and stuff here.

But about you, why did you say earlier that you liked Legion but that it has its flaws, but I always see you talk about how shítty almost everything is?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    can't wait for wrath of the alligator king to release, 8.0 gonna be lit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Come back around Blizzcon.
    Eh mid October probably will see them and sometime around there we will see fake trademarks appear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The reason this is being discussed and I'll admit it has been a bit sidetracked; is that some of us are praying for a return to form in 8.0. A removal of the heavily RNG infested systems and an end to the laziness.

I think Legion started as a decent expansion. But calling the debacle that was 7.2 "the biggest content patch we've ever made" was enough to turn me sour. Then you look at what we're getting in Argus(which lore nerds are jizzing over the fact its finally in game) and the content provided is just garbage. Same landscape, same demons, same rares, same WQs, same treasure chests. The only "new" thing they claim is invasion points..... Which are watered down scenarios from MoP. You literally just port into a room with an ice or fire texture set and fight waves of demons + a mini boss.

Argus is just Broken Shore 2.0. It adds nothing new. It's bland, uninteresting(bar macaree). Is anyone else not worried we are just going to get iterations of these god awful systems in 8.0? RNG loot boxes from emmisaries, RNG legendaries, RNG warforge/titanforge, Mythic + + +(NEW!! EXCITING!!!), a new raid difficulty!!!!!!

I'm also only just coming to realise that I haven't touched PvP in Legion and I used to be quite an avid PvPer. That really says something.....

I mean I could honestly see them calling "cross faction grouping" the main feature of 8.0 and calling it a day. Laziness.
    You act as if they have devs just sitting on their thumbs there....

The reason this is being discussed and I'll admit it has been a bit sidetracked; is that some of us are praying for a return to form in 8.0. A removal of the heavily RNG infested systems and an end to the laziness.

I think Legion started as a decent expansion. But calling the debacle that was 7.2 "the biggest content patch we've ever made" was enough to turn me sour. Then you look at what we're getting in Argus(which lore nerds are jizzing over the fact its finally in game) and the content provided is just garbage. Same landscape, same demons, same rares, same WQs, same treasure chests. The only "new" thing they claim is invasion points..... Which are watered down scenarios from MoP. You literally just port into a room with an ice or fire texture set and fight waves of demons + a mini boss.

Argus is just Broken Shore 2.0. It adds nothing new. It's bland, uninteresting(bar macaree). Is anyone else not worried we are just going to get iterations of these god awful systems in 8.0? RNG loot boxes from emmisaries, RNG legendaries, RNG warforge/titanforge, Mythic + + +(NEW!! EXCITING!!!), a new raid difficulty!!!!!!

I'm also only just coming to realise that I haven't touched PvP in Legion and I used to be quite an avid PvPer. That really says something.....

I mean I could honestly see them calling "cross faction grouping" the main feature of 8.0 and calling it a day. Laziness.
    I strongly believe that they realize that the primary mistake of legion was the RNG. I MEAN THEY HAVE TO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I strongly believe that they realize that the primary mistake of legion was the RNG. I MEAN THEY HAVE TO
    If you read what Ion said about gearing in Legion you'll laugh your ass off. They actually think titanforged and shit is a good system.

- - - Updated - - -

The new Mana-Ray mounts are another sign that 7.3 was rushed as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hate Crossrealm gets is ludicrous. You'd start liking it when your realm gets low population. Nor is waiting for people to join your dungeon group in a chat channel, provided it's the right role.

The new Mana-Ray mounts are another sign that 7.3 was rushed as fuck.

You need actual reasoning.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-09-05 at 12:25 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a strong theme of "just doing enough" then loading it with RNG to give it longevity.

Why are we going to have another content drought if the team was supposed to have doubled in size?

- - - Updated - - -

They don't though dude. If it doesn't change in 8.0 then you will all have to admit that the Diablo devs own this game now and that the RNG is here to stay.

There isn't a single system in WoW anymore that isn't completely front loaded with RNG.

Even my spec(Havoc) can have a differential of 200k+ on different pulls of the same boss because my Fury gain is...... RNG. The main feature of my spec is refunding Fury on Chaos Strike crits which is.... RNG. The way to improve my Fury gain is fixed through a Legendary. The way you acquire them is..... RNG.(We are 12 months into this expansion and I still don't have that ring).
    I think im going to start blocking people like this. If you hate the game so much quit. I cant stand the constant bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think im going to start blocking people like this. If you hate the game so much quit. I cant stand the constant bitching.
    He's trying so hard to convince people to feel just like him, it's hilarious as fuck I won't even lie. But yeah this thread is garbo, be back when Blizzcon is closing in.

There is a strong theme of "just doing enough" then loading it with RNG to give it longevity.

Why are we going to have another content drought if the team was supposed to have doubled in size?

- - - Updated - - -

They don't though dude. If it doesn't change in 8.0 then you will all have to admit that the Diablo devs own this game now and that the RNG is here to stay.

There isn't a single system in WoW anymore that isn't completely front loaded with RNG.

Even my spec(Havoc) can have a differential of 200k+ on different pulls of the same boss because my Fury gain is...... RNG. The main feature of my spec is refunding Fury on Chaos Strike crits which is.... RNG. The way to improve my Fury gain is fixed through a Legendary. The way you acquire them is..... RNG.(We are 12 months into this expansion and I still don't have that ring).
    same here, no ring yet..... 8.0 is the last chance for me.

At what point during my post did you get the impression I got benched?

I'm 9/9 Heroic and haven't logged in since.... Well that's not true, I logged in when 7.3 launched for exactly 57 minutes. That's how long it took me to complete the whole of week 1 Argus + every single garbage World Quest this new patch had to offer - which are all just the same(kill rare, kill spiders).

PS. I'm actually surprised I didn't get benched because Havoc does garbage DPS and requires a Legendary to compete from Blizzards god awful legendary system.

- - - Updated - - -

You are notorious on these forums for your zealous behaviour in defending Blizzard. That's a fact.
    You are just talking out of your ass at this point. I have more than 400 posts on the rogue subforum and the vast majority of them are criticisms of Blizzard's handling of the class. I continually point out the very painfully obvious flaws in Vanilla, BC, and Wrath, the poor design choices made in Cata and the suffering content and undue reliance on Garrisons in WoD. I just finished an entire argument where my whole point was that Wrath (fyi since I guess you didn't know, Wrath was an expansion made by Blizzard) was an extremely lazy expansion that seriously lacked in original and unique content on many fronts.

"You like something I don't so you're zealously defending Blizzard" is not a valid argument, especially in a thread where I've been clearly criticizing them. Blizzard is putting out better stuff these days than they did in Vanilla or the first few expansions =/= Leave Blizzard alone!

At no point in the above post did you make a coherent argument. You actually just tried to make the point that everything is an iteration of something. Really good.

The whole of Stormwind didn't have to be remodelled for flying or anything did it? They just flicked a switch and let our mounts swim in the air.
    Yes. Because you were trying to make the argument that Legion added systems aren't new because they are iterations of existing systems in the same post where you claimed Wrath of all things was the shining example of content addition, an expansion whose big features included "Do the same dungeons at the same difficulty for the same rewards, but more!"

And the whole of Argus didn't have to be modelled and textured, did it? They just flicked a "make new world quests" switch and copy pasted the broken shore into space.

Would you care to talk about how lazy their implementation of Timewalking raids was? How groups were broken? Trash isn't tuned properly? No you're just going to say it was "HEAVILY REQUESTED GUYS".

Arathi Blizzard - they added fog and froze the water. I mean... Really? PvP is the worst it has EVER been in Legion and participation is at an all time low. Part in fact due to having to grind PvP levels and that they added ZERO NEW CONTENT FOR PVPERS. Don't claim PvP levels are new content when most of the abilities are pruned abilities that specs already used to have!

Please tell me with a straight face you enjoy WQs and grinding out your emissaries each day.

Our point is that they don't put EFFORT in these days. Argus is 75% re-hashed models and terrain. It's minimal effort for sub retention with a HEAVY SPRINKLING of RNG all over every god damn system in the game because that will keep you subbed and on the treadmill.
    Sure. It was poorly implemented, and I have no doubt it will be fixed and still be something that players asked for and that was then implemented to provide additional side content that older expansions never even attempted.

Arathi Blizzard is a bit more than "they added fog and froze the water" and it was quite unique in its gameplay because of the alterations to targeting and sight. "Zero new content for PvPers!" Except, you know, the two arenas added. You seem to be confusing talents for levels. My point was not "There are PvP talents, that's new content!" it was that the entire system (talents/levels/prestige) adds steady, long term reward for PvPing actively that did not exist prior to Legion.

Also "75% re-hashed models and terrain" is still more than previous expansions. Remember all those shiny new models in Naxx, TotGC, ICC, the "3" dungeons, and argent tourney? All those new models on Timeless isle? Isle of Thunder? Oh wait, nearly every patch in the entire game's history has added few new models, and Legion has added more new models than, as far as I can recall, any other expansion in the history of the game.

Everything you do in this game now has a slot machine to pull.

No actually. Game is losing subs after the sharp decline in the quality and quantity of content. A sharp decline of giving a fuck. An acceptance from community people like you that "This content is good enough Blizz, keep giving us garbage like this! We love you".

I'm pretty sure you all know where it happened. The worst expansion ever made.
    As opposed to? Did everything you do not have a slot machine to pull when "everything" was dungeons and raids? The slot machine is largely bonuses, gearing itself acts almost identically to how it has in every other expansion. Except that now, if you want, rather than just being done with the content because you got everything you could want from it, you can continue to do it for a reduced chance and useful rewards.

Legion has been a great expansion, and I have no doubt 8.0 will be as well, because Blizzard has (with the exception of WoD's problems) pretty much continually moved towards better design choices and fixed poor choices and badly designed elements seen in previous expansions.