10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    fate/apo 10 - oh my god mordred is a shit character, typical 'm-masaka!!!' asspull surviving fran's attack

though really this episode was trash
    You're really not in the mood for m-masaka!! moments lately.

Just finished PriPri9, and this has me in the mood to rant just a little. I'm afraid I may steal from my future review, but oh well.

Characters are made interesting by their flaws. Not little things like, "Chise loses her temper because she has too much of a sense of justice and honor" but true weaknesses in who they are.

When I watched the first couple of episodes of Princess Principal I was hooked precisely because we seemed to be offered just this: a protagonist who was a pathological liar, and whose actions indicated something of a moral defect. Ange kept shooting the man, over and over, reaffirming "no!" after he was already dead. To lie as part of necessity is one thing, to lie reflexively, for neither good nor evil, is a disturbing tendency. Along with the girl in the hospital, there seemed to be hints that this series wouldn't be afraid to go to some darker places. Ange taking out the insurance plan should have warned me, but I ignored it.

Several episodes in, I've watched this show slide right back to the mean. All the girls are likable, even Ange, with only the most superficial of flaws. In a rush to make none of them objectionable, none of them are truly remarkable either. It's disappointing to me. Pandering strikes again.

Perhaps I want something different from what everybody else wants. I want a show that has character, not another "feel good" vehicle. I just want some substance in my entertainment. This isn't wanting PriPri to be dark and brooding, philosophical or a grand allegory of humanity. I just want to see characters who want things, who are shaped by their pasts, who make critical mistakes and sometimes overcome them.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2017-09-04 at 02:36 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

RELIFE 195 - My God this series makes my heart work. It's not just cute, it's genuinely touching to see them grow and figure things out without ever really being melodramatic or condescending towards the simple troubles that young people go through.

Relife 195 - A whole ago it felt like the manga was somewhat stagnating, but the past few chapters have been getting increasingly better with 195 being pure diabetes.

Some of my own speculation for the end of the series. I really want an end where the story continues with them being university students. But let's be honest, that's so incredibly unlikely to happen.

The cast has grown on me so much ever since the start of 2015, that it'd hurt to see the friendships and relationships that happened because of Kaizaki partially dissapear with the memory reset.

At the moment my best guess is that it will be a bitter sweet end of their final high school year with the memory reset happening and a very likely (short?) timeskip where Kaizaki will inevitably end up bumping into Hishiro. The two of them will each hold their phones, with the phone straps from Christmas being attached without either of them knowing where or how they got them exactly, and when they see the other's strap they will feel a connection and we get a somewhat open end with an implied happy ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re Life has such good art. The scene with Ferris Wheel was top notch.

Even the text bubbles are masterfully done. I prefer the other couple to the MCs though..

10+ Year Old Account
    An is still the cutest.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Relife 195 - A whole ago it felt like the manga was somewhat stagnating, but the past few chapters have been getting increasingly better with 195 being pure diabetes.

Some of my own speculation for the end of the series. I really want an end where the story continues with them being university students. But let's be honest, that's so incredibly unlikely to happen.

The cast has grown on me so much ever since the start of 2015, that it'd hurt to see the friendships and relationships that happened because of Kaizaki partially dissapear with the memory reset.

At the moment my best guess is that it will be a bitter sweet end of their final high school year with the memory reset happening and a very likely (short?) timeskip where Kaizaki will inevitably end up bumping into Hishiro. The two of them will each hold their phones, with the phone straps from Christmas being attached without either of them knowing where or how they got them exactly, and when they see the other's strap they will feel a connection and we get a somewhat open end with an implied happy ending.
    They're basically telegraphing that with this latest chapter. Not that I mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    An is still the cutest.
    There are no bad girls in ReLIFE. Rena's voice gets me rigid though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    There are no bad girls in ReLIFE. Rena's voice gets me rigid though.
    I love them all too, I don't even think there's a way to dislike them. They're all lovely and all cute, and none of them feel forced or anything. Relife feels very real, it's simply cute.

New Fate was pretty bad, not even Mordred can save this train wreck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Fate was always bad piece in milking state.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Fate was always bad piece in milking state.
    what .

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Bad as in, enjoyable enough to watch it once, but not twice bad (ie, Aldnoah.Zero, SAO) or is it legitimately bad (Re: Zero, Umaru-Chan, Irregular at Magic Highschool)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Irregular at Magic Highschool)?
    You what.

Also gonna re-watch Fate/Zero soon, getting a semi-weeb girl at my school into better anime. Excited to see it again, been too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    legitimately bad Irregular at Magic Highschool)?
    how the fuck do you even live with your taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I think the same thing every time i see you make a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    isn't he the one that mainly watches dubs? that should be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I think the same thing every time i see you make a post.
    but don't you have similar taste?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    isn't he the one that mainly watches dubs? that should be enough

but don't you have similar taste?

[video=youtube;UNHIcWK2ySY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNHIcWK2ySY[ideo]
    Telling me i cant shitpost?

Reminder to please post with out insulting each other, this includes not being insulting about people liking things you don't like. Thanks