Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Weren't you like platinum or something? By typing stuff like this you pretty much confirm it.
    That's good to know. So, what's your take on it? Which hero or heroes need more situational awareness than Mercy? I find there are a number of heroes, particularly those who are forgiving with aim requirements, do require different skillsets in terms of positioning and awareness. It stands to reason for me that there are players out there with far better mechanical skill than I, that complain about Pharah, and it's clearly due to a lack of awareness.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-08-26 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    That's what I've been saying, and that's what it's going to be. Anyone not using it for anything than that is not using it optimally, dare I say, correctly. This Chicken Little "Augh she can do damage rip Support Merch no one is going to heal with her" meme is ridiculous.
    Are you ignoring where Endus also said to remove a few of damage aspects to accomplish that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are you ignoring where Endus also said to remove a few of damage aspects to accomplish that?
    No I'm not. They can disable her gun entirely from the Ult for all I care. What I'm disputing is your assertion that every single Mercy in any serious game is going to pull her gun out and charge the enemy team because of what they saw in meme Youtube videos and Twitch clips of a top 500 Overwatch playing rolling over a mishmash of silver and golds on the PTR.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

No I'm not. They can disable her gun entirely from the Ult for all I care. What I'm disputing is your assertion that every single Mercy in any serious game is going to pull her gun out and charge the enemy team because of what they saw in meme Youtube videos and Twitch clips of a top 500 Overwatch playing rolling over a mishmash of silver and golds on the PTR.
    I honestly have no idea what you're reading then.

I never "asserted" that "every single Mercy in any serious game" is going to do this.
    I said the fact that it exists and that you could do it is going to cause people to. Just like Torb being a better defender doesn't stop people from picking attack Torb even in competitive. The issue is, you can't fix that issue with Torb unless you gut him, or you can just suck it up build a team around that strategy.

We don't need ANOTHER character having that issue. And if you don't care if they disable her gun from her ult, why are you so agitated by me saying they should?

For the record, to elaborate on Endus's ideas, the bare minimum I would do is remove the unlimited ammo, since Mercy autoreloads when healing anyway, it would encourage her to not waste time reload, and just heal instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's good to know. So, what's your take on it? Which hero or heroes need more situational awareness than Mercy? I find there are a number of heroes, particularly those who are forgiving with aim requirements, do require different skillsets in terms of positioning and awareness. It stands to reason for me that there are players out there with far better mechanical skill than I, that complain about Pharah, and it's clearly due to a lack of awareness.
    Tracer and Genji, because of their high mobility and quick thinking needed. Tracer mostly because she's also squishy.

There's nothing difficult about playing Mercy except in deciding when to res, get the most out of her res. I can heal pretty well as Mercy, but since I don't main her I can't get as much out of her as some others. Flying back and forth between teammates to avoid that pesky Tracer isn't hard. Damage boosting isn't hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Tracer and Genji, because of their high mobility and quick thinking needed. Tracer mostly because she's also squishy.

There's nothing difficult about playing Mercy except in deciding when to res, get the most out of her res. I can heal pretty well as Mercy, but since I don't main her I can't get as much out of her as some others. Flying back and forth between teammates to avoid that pesky Tracer isn't hard. Damage boosting isn't hard.
    Right, so she's easy, you're just not very good at her. Okay. This is what it is, she is very accessible, you can do a job with the basics pretty well. But to carry a match like I've seen some really good Mercys do just takes that extra attention; watch them, they're spinning and flying almost constantly. You say Tracer and Genji are quick, high mobility heroes. GA has a two second cooldown, she's the most agile hero in the game, and she's squishy.

Deleted
    Right, so she's easy, you're just not very good at her. Okay. This is what it is, she is very accessible, you can do a job with the basics pretty well. But to carry a match like I've seen some really good Mercys do just takes that extra attention; watch them, they're spinning and flying almost constantly. You say Tracer and Genji are quick, high mobility heroes. GA has a two second cooldown, she's the most agile hero in the game, and she's squishy.
    But it's not hard to fly between teammates.

It is hard to blink effectively as a Tracer or use your extreme mobility as a Genji to confuse your enemies.

Now I do agree, good Mercy's are very noticable :P Sorry if I offended you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I honestly have no idea what you're reading then.

I never "asserted" that "every single Mercy in any serious game" is going to do this.
    I said the fact that it exists and that you could do it is going to cause people to. Just like Torb being a better defender doesn't stop people from picking attack Torb even in competitive. The issue is, you can't fix that issue with Torb unless you gut him, or you can just suck it up build a team around that strategy.

We don't need ANOTHER character having that issue. And if you don't care if they disable her gun from her ult, why are you so agitated by me saying they should?

For the record, to elaborate on Endus's ideas, the bare minimum I would do is remove the unlimited ammo, since Mercy autoreloads when healing anyway, it would encourage her to not waste time reload, and just heal instead.
    What I'm saying is, you are fine in wanting some offensive buffs taken (they likely are) out, your reasoning, however, rankles me because you are basing balance on the possibility of bad/troll players who would make the wrong choice and ignoring their team based on the actions of a top 500 player against a mishmash of random pugs. (PTR has shit for MM even moreso than Live)

One of Mercy's major flaws was that people "maining" Mercy do not improve any skills that would translate into other heroes- aiming, when to go in, when to hang back, you know, damage instinct, and when they couldn't play Mercy, they were then playing at a level far below that than their SR would suggest. While the new Valk offensive capabilities won't replace actually playing other heroes, they will at the very least have an opportunity to learn things other than hold LMB, mash Shift, rinse-repeat.

Now, maybe the current incarnation is a bit too strong at the moment. You won't have an argument from me there, and it seems Blizzard is painfully aware of it as well. I am just thinking you are so grossly underestimating the general community (and holy shit if you have me defending the Overwatch community) that you are willing to shove a Hero back to crushing LMB and being a low-risk high-reward Hero "for their own good". Which is not healthy for the game.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not know who this change was for. In higher level play, Mercy is easy to counter, the meta destroys her and in all honesty still will.

In lower level play, the example should not be "coordinated use of ults to wipe the enemy team," (because thats always totally happening) rather it should be

"soldier just felt like ulting hail Mary style got a kill or 2, didn't plan to have a follow up, had most of his team dead anyway, and then the enemy team rezzed because why not."

(Sorry, but I wont sugar coat it, I will go with the most common, the lowest common denominator)

- - - Updated - - -

There are not enough healers to justify this.

Ana is under powered. Mercy is the only other main healer in the game. Ana is only usable and only barley in the highest level of play on PC. Ana if anyone deserved some changes. I am sure these same DPS who hail mary ulted are gonna love continuing there 6 DPS v 6 DPS quick plays while complaining about lack of healing. I hope death match keeps them distracted long enough to get some actual good changes into the game.

I can't wait for all these DPS players on the forums, reddit, and youtube who say "wow I can't wait to play mercy now, because even though I'm silver I got skill!" to just continue insta locking hanzo, gengu, etc.

As for D.va and her changes. She was nerfed and left for dead months ago, what happened? Now shes suddenly OP? I see reapers with brains bust her out of mech, and then ult. Or I see a soldier say, "hey, fuck up D.Va I got ult" or "fuck up Rein, I got ult" because thats logical and good play. (BTW in the current meta, D.va tends to get swapped out for Soldier, shes not as integral as people think.)

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add. I don't care about your aim so much as I care about your ability to work as a team and have good positioning. I see plenty of "I can totally aim" players stand in front of shields (and die, and complain), go inside of a cramp room with a character who is gonna fucking rekt them (yeah not a good idea against Doomfist, hog, junkrat, etc), go off on their own with no way of getting back to the team, etc.

Also for as much shit as I think Stylosa deserves, when he posts a video of lower level players to give them some feedback, when I see these low levels, I see people who can aim, but lack literally any other skill.

If you want to care about your point and click skills only, heres the game for you

(PS I fuckin loved this game as a kid)
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-08-27 at 09:02 PM.

i love the new revive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    i love the new revive.
    https://twitter.com/9ambler/status/900947988381442048

It's really cool, I like it.

What I'm saying is, you are fine in wanting some offensive buffs taken (they likely are) out, your reasoning, however, rankles me because you are basing balance on the possibility of bad/troll players who would make the wrong choice and ignoring their team based on the actions of a top 500 player against a mishmash of random pugs. (PTR has shit for MM even moreso than Live)

One of Mercy's major flaws was that people "maining" Mercy do not improve any skills that would translate into other heroes- aiming, when to go in, when to hang back, you know, damage instinct, and when they couldn't play Mercy, they were then playing at a level far below that than their SR would suggest. While the new Valk offensive capabilities won't replace actually playing other heroes, they will at the very least have an opportunity to learn things other than hold LMB, mash Shift, rinse-repeat.

Now, maybe the current incarnation is a bit too strong at the moment. You won't have an argument from me there, and it seems Blizzard is painfully aware of it as well. I am just thinking you are so grossly underestimating the general community (and holy shit if you have me defending the Overwatch community) that you are willing to shove a Hero back to crushing LMB and being a low-risk high-reward Hero "for their own good". Which is not healthy for the game.
    You're really not reading what I'm saying then, since I've already said several times the strength of it is what's going to cause more than just the bad/troll players to do it. If they don't nerf it at all and it went live as is, are you really going to deny the fact that it excels so well at picking people off, that it's more beneficial to let your other healer stick solo for a bit so you can rush in and destroy? I mean, you still have 2 rez charges if you rez, ult, rez, and you'll have 2 more rezzes within the ult. It's not too bad if you let people die then.

Most of those "flaws" aren't even applicable...yeah, you don't need to aim with Mercy, but you sure as hell need to know when to hang back, when to go in, more so than most healers since she needs to be close to heal, but has nothing like Lucio to survive on her own. In fact, knowing when to hang back is what LED to the whole "I'm gonna hide and get a large rez guys", because the Mercy player knew that was the better idea after letting the enemies pop their ults. If you're mashing shift as a Mercy, you're doing it wrong horribly, since it's just extra movement that's going to take you out of cover most the time.

You need to know where your teammates are at all times, you need to know where safe areas are for you, if you're safe to glide off and edge to use a teammate to jump back on so you can avoid fire, etc. Sure, Zenyatta needs to know how to aim, but he doesn't have to be right near the fight the entire time either, he can heal safely from a distance. Same as Ana, and Lucio can be more annoying than Genji at times in terms of movement. I don't know where this myth of Mercy being low risk came from aside from her rez ult when she needs to be in the fight to heal.

Do we know when the new Mercy will be coming on live? Even approx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Do we know when the new Mercy will be coming on live? Even approx.
    At least another fortnight. These are big changes and they're actively iterating so I don't think they're in a rush.

At least another fortnight. These are big changes and they're actively iterating so I don't think they're in a rush.
    Thank you, I believe this is as accurate as we can safely guess.

The 30 second rez is going to cause a lot of issues for 3v3. I hope it's disabled in that mode.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    The 30 second rez is going to cause a lot of issues for 3v3. I hope it's disabled in that mode.
    It's already causing issues with carries, it makes pocketing pretty much viable. It won't stand long if it goes live.