Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

CD Projekt Red celebrates 10 years of Witcherness

Best video I have seen in a while. Happy 10th birthday Witcher games! *shuffles gwent deck*

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome CDPR never ceases to amaze.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you CD Projekt Red you are the best. Thank you Geralt for everything I am doing great.

Ok I can't lie I got a teary eyes haha.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I got the "perfect" ending in Witcher 3, that crowd in the House were all the people I saved and adventured with. Was kind of cool seeing them all in a sort of "prologue" setting all together.

I have something in my eye...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Since I got the "perfect" ending in Witcher 3, that crowd in the House were all the people I saved and adventured with. Was kind of cool seeing them all in a sort of "prologue" setting all together.

Is the Baron living really the perfect ending?

My friend linked it to me the other day. Caught me off guard.

I was expecting a time-skip epilogue, showing everyone in a "perfect" end.

And then Geralt just begins speaking to someone specific and looks at the camera and addresses the player.

It felt really sweet and made me happy seeing these characters finally having a "fitting end". But also made me somewhat sad knowing I likely wont see another Witcher game.

I plan to play Witcher 1 through 3 next time I have a 3-4 day holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Well he is taking his wife to find a cure somewhere. Maybe he finds it?

Uh, yeah. Without the Baron, his men go on a pillage spree. The Baron alive heals his wife and makes Velen decent.. ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    If Hearts of Stone has taught me anything, O'dimm is hiding in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Uh, yeah. Without the Baron, his men go on a pillage spree. The Baron alive heals his wife and makes Velen decent.. ish.
    His men go apeshit either way, if the Baron leaves, he leaves his seargeant in charge, who sets up the "new rule" (a.k.a Rape, Pillage, Murder), if the Baron dies, then the Seargeant takes over and the same shit happens.

Whether he returns is left open, doesn't make much sense anyway, if Redana wins the war, he most certainly loses any claim on Velen, if Nilfgaard wins the war, it's doubtful that Roche and the gang would just "give it back" to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    It felt really sweet and made me happy seeing these characters finally having a "fitting end". But also made me somewhat sad knowing I likely wont see another Witcher game.
    There might be another Witcher game after Cyberpunk but Geralt's story is done, CP Project Red confirmed this.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-09-04 at 10:59 PM.

They do that anyway. And don't those children become soup for the undoubtedly evil hag ladies if he lives?

They do that anyway. And don't those children become soup for the undoubtedly evil hag ladies if he lives?

Releasing the evil spirit is way worse than killing it. It slaughters a whole village and then probably goes on a swamp war against the crones.

Releasing the evil spirit is way worse than killing it. It slaughters a whole village and then probably goes on a swamp war against the crones.
    Kill a village of cultists vs turning a bunch of children into soup.

The crones were evil through and through. I see nothing wrong with it fighting them.

Kill a village of cultists vs turning a bunch of children into soup.

The crones were evil through and through. I see nothing wrong with it fighting them.
    And what of the people caught in the middle?

And I doubt every villager in that place was evil or deserving of death. Did they not have kids?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And what of the people caught in the middle?

And I doubt every villager in that place was evil or deserving of death. Did they not have kids?
    A few Villagers lives to save some Kids and purge some ancient Evil Crones that would likely kill even more people over the next century than what was in the village?

I mean this game makes you make some pretty "grey" choices where the long term solution outweighs the short-term losses.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence the quotations "". Since this game has a ton of moralistic grey choices the "perfect" ending is kind of subjective. I base mine mostly on how the country as a whole goes after the end + the main characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Awesome CDPR never ceases to amaze.
    You can say that again! Showing Geralt and Friends living happily ever after and then breaking the 4th wall to thank the players...just amazing.

So the Witcher 3 is over 2 years old and as of the posting of this message there are still 15.6K people in game on Steam.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Thank you CD Projekt Red you are the best. Thank you Geralt for everything I am doing great.

Ok I can't lie I got a teary eyes haha.
    Same here!!! I was sitting at my desk at work getting choked up! Gotta love this team, really going above and beyond for their fans.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I played Witcher 3 on my PC. I'm tempted to rebuy it for PS4 on 4k 55inch. Plus then I can play the DLC I never did with it all fresh in my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If Hearts of Stone has taught me anything, O'dimm is hiding in the background.
    Always watching....lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I played Witcher 3 on my PC. I'm tempted to rebuy it for PS4 on 4k 55inch. Plus then I can play the DLC I never did with it all fresh in my head.
    I thoroughly recommend the dlc if you havent played it already. They arw both as good, if not better, than the base game. Blood and Wine was my favorite part of Witcher 3.