Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sargeras was doing to the Void Lords and their armies what Illidan was doing to Sargeras and the Burning Legion. Both committed to evil actions in order to achieve their goals and imprisoning Sargeras is no different than imprisoning Illidan.

What needs doing is Maiev imprisoning Illidan who imprisons Sargeras who imprisons the Void Lords. Kappa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    This is what I'm struggling to understand. Once the Titan becomes more than a 'soul' what happens next? Is it in some kind of fetal position in the planets core and then grows and grows? What happens to everything on the planet? Wowpedia says they become living planets? I don't understand, does this mean there will be one big titan and the denizens and infrastructure on the planet are just attached to it by gravity? What happened to Aman'thul's etc planet?

What? When? Who? Where? Why?.. Okay?
    I personally think they they kinda phase through in an ethereal form which becomes corporeal as they exit the planet (just my theory), though Argus has obviously emerged and if you look at the planet it does not look healthy so maybe they do just bust out xenomorph style.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What needs doing is Maiev imprisoning Illidan who imprisons Sargeras who imprisons the Void Lords. Kappa.
    Ironically Maiev has many similar characteristics to Illidan, she is just as goal driven as he, but hers is much much smaller one and as such does not leave such a high body count in her wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Ironically Maiev has many similar characteristics to Illidan, she is just as goal driven as he, but hers is much much smaller one and as such does not leave such a high body count in her wake.
    I know. She would be imprisoned by Jared, who would be watched over by Malfurion, who would be watched over by Cenarius. It would require pocket-universe cells.

Wait, what world souls? I was under the impression Sargeras killed them all and only Azeroth remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Possible but hard to say, especially since three new world souls were found later on, Argus, Azeroth and the unnamed one Sargeras cleaved in half and all that in their small corner of the universe.
    Blizzard have been really clever here and allowed their universe to be practically limitless, just like the one we have in real life. Before it was just the Pantheon ordering the whole universe with Sargeras going around throwing shit at them where he could. Now we have this whole Light vs Shadow thing and it seems the Titans (the ones that we know) and the Pantheon only ordered a tiny fraction of it. The clustering of world souls could function exactly like galaxies, with less and less being found on the rims (which is probably where the Titans found Azeroth), and then nothing.. Until you go far enough and find another galaxy. There are potentially countless Pantheons and many more billions of dollars to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Dimensius? He's a Void Lord. Sort of.
    More specifically, Dimensius is a fragment/shadow/faintest echo of a Void Lord. Not an actual Void Lord, but a manifestation of one. Think of him as a Void Lord's toenail.
    Hes a boid lord like avatar of sargeras was still sargeras

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    The void lords are on deity level when it comes to power, and they are very likely the direct opposite of Elune and her consorts (whatever they might be). We aren't going to face them anytime soon, blizzard is going to build up the story over multiple expansions, not just one expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct, if we read correctly in both the books and wow (game) lore, it sounds like Azeroth is the last standing world soul after Argus dies. They also mention it's the most potent one out of them all, far more potent than Sargeras. Though how does a titan wake up? Will it pull the planet to shreds as they are physically part of it? Unless they are some kind of essence (like in Antorus) and they can be extracted?
    The void lords build up has been since the gates of AQ

Why do people keep acting like this is new?

Its really not

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard have been really clever here and allowed their universe to be practically limitless, just like the one we have in real life. Before it was just the Pantheon ordering the whole universe with Sargeras going around throwing shit at them where he could. Now we have this whole Light vs Shadow thing and it seems the Titans (the ones that we know) and the Pantheon only ordered a tiny fraction of it. The clustering of world souls could function exactly like galaxies, with less and less being found on the rims (which is probably where the Titans found Azeroth), and then nothing.. Until you go far enough and find another galaxy. There are potentially countless Pantheons and many more billions of dollars to go.
    Not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hes a boid lord like avatar of sargeras was still sargeras

- - - Updated - - -

The void lords build up has been since the gates of AQ

Why do people keep acting like this is new?

Its really not
    What level of reality are you actually operating under? It doesn't seem to be this one. Chronicles changed everything about Warcraft, how were you aware of this build up since AQ when the incarnation of Void Lords now were not what they were in vanilla, nor was a void lord the same in BC when we first saw one to what they are now.

I didn't say that was going to happen mind, I'm just saying that Blizzard have given themselves limitless story to work with, if they're willing to keep it going for many, many years.. not that they will.
    Last edited by Pum; 2017-09-04 at 11:03 PM.

What level of reality are you actually operating under? It doesn't seem to be this one. Chronicles changed everything about Warcraft, how were you aware of this build up since AQ when the incarnation of Void Lords now were not what they were in vanilla, nor was a void lord the same in BC when we first saw one to what they are now.

I didn't say that was going to happen mind, I'm just saying that Blizzard have given themselves limitless story to work with, if they're willing to keep it going for many, many years.. not that they will.
    They are the same. We just didnt know they were conected or that deep of a threat. It changes very little

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I feel like imprisoning Sargeras is gonna bite us in the ass in the long run.
    That's exactly the point. If defeating Sargeras solved every problem then World of Warcraft would effectively be over. That said, I can't imagine how the Void Lords could ever feel as imposing or dangerous as Sargeras does.

In terms of the story, Sargeras is on his way to Azeroth and will be here soon and ingame dialogue seems to imply he will arrive just as we defeat Argus the Unmaker, so one way or another this was a necessity for the survival of everyone on Azeroth and, realistically, Azeroth herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    This one's a bit tricky to pin down. Dimensius may have been the name given to the avatar of the void lord rather than the void lord itself.
    Um, no. I am going to agree with the person I am quoting here; Dimensius is not a void lord.

If Dimensius was a Void Lord, in the sense of what the Void Lords are implied to be, his appearance would mean that all existence in the universe would have effectively ended.

I mean, even now warlocks summon entities called Void Lords -- I've always felt like they should have been called Void gods or something similar, as the name was taken, but hey... I am not in charge of lore.

One way or another, if a spatial anomaly is all that it takes to cause a void lord to fully appear in our universe, we're screwed (and would have been screwed) already. In short, Dimensius is not a "void lord" in terms of being one of the all powerful beings that would destroy the universe, it is just higher up the hierarchy in terms of voidwalkers. He's powerful, but he's not that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That's exactly the point. If defeating Sargeras solved every problem then World of Warcraft would effectively be over. That said, I can't imagine how the Void Lords could ever feel as imposing or dangerous as Sargeras does.

In terms of the story, Sargeras is on his way to Azeroth and will be here soon and ingame dialogue seems to imply he will arrive just as we defeat Argus the Unmaker, so one way or another this was a necessity for the survival of everyone on Azeroth and, realistically, Azeroth herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, no. I am going to agree with the person I am quoting here; Dimensius is not a void lord.

If Dimensius was a Void Lord, in the sense of what the Void Lords are implied to be, his appearance would mean that all existence in the universe would have effectively ended.

I mean, even now warlocks summon entities called Void Lords -- I've always felt like they should have been called Void gods or something similar, as the name was taken, but hey... I am not in charge of lore.

One way or another, if a spatial anomaly is all that it takes to cause a void lord to fully appear in our universe, we're screwed (and would have been screwed) already. In short, Dimensius is not a "void lord" in terms of being one of the all powerful beings that would destroy the universe, it is just higher up the hierarchy in terms of voidwalkers. He's powerful, but he's not that powerful.
    Dimensius is a void lord. Void lords can enter our realm through weak realities. Its the same way other void creatures enter.

energy who dwell within the Void, outside the borders of reality. Merciless and cruel beyond imagination, they seek only to devour all matter and energy and the universe itself. However, only the most powerful of the void lords can actually manifest in the physical universe, and only for limited amounts of time for their energies quickly seep into nothingness. They thus must consume untold amounts of matter and energy to maintain their presence.[1
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    This one's a bit tricky to pin down. Dimensius may have been the name given to the avatar of the void lord rather than the void lord itself.
    See above

Also he is one of the main void lords because of above

If there are any more world souls out there, they are going to wake up one day be like wtf?!

Deleted
    We have still been fighting their armies sinve vanilla. Just like weve been fighting the burning legion since warcraft 1

Its the same thing just pne more patch

Also Dimensius the All-Devouring IS a Void Lord.
    Stop making up BS(if you are even capable of that). Not only are your theories not facts they are far fetched and not even logical.

- - - Updated - - -

Dimensius is a void lord. Void lords can enter our realm through weak realities. Its the same way other void creatures enter.

- - - Updated - - -

See above

Also he is one of the main void lords because of above
    Again your logic is off. It says the most powerful Off the void lords can manifest. It doesn't say you have to be a void lord within the void faction to be able to manifest. There could be many non void lords able to manifest themself

Or do you see voidwalkers as void lords aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Stop making up BS(if you are even capable of that). Not only are your theories not facts they are far fetched and not even logical.

- - - Updated - - -

Again your logic is off. It says the most powerful Off the void lords can manifest. It doesn't say you have to be a void lord within the void faction to be able to manifest. There could be many non void lords able to manifest themself

Or do you see voidwalkers as void lords aswell?
    Considering one summoned armies to consume a world.......

Who ami kidding tou arent reading anything

Dimensius is one of the void lords' manifestations, which she describes as "fragments, shadows, the faintest of echoes" of her masters
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-05 at 06:30 AM.

Deleted
    Considering one summoned armies to consume a world.......

Who ami kidding tou arent reading anything
    He is described as "a fragment, a shadow - the faintest echo" of s void lord. He is not a fully powered physical manifestation of an actual void lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    He is described as "a fragment, a shadow - the faintest echo" of s void lord. He is not a fully powered physical manifestation of an actual void lord.

energy who dwell within the Void, outside the borders of reality. Merciless and cruel beyond imagination, they seek only to devour all matter and energy and the universe itself. However, only the most powerful of the void lords can actually manifest in the physical universe, and only for limited amounts of time for their energies quickly seep into nothingness. They thus must consume untold amounts of matter and energy to maintain their presence

- - - Updated - - -

Void lords may need world-souls for other reasons than creating a dark titan. World-souls represent unimaginable sources of energy, which would likely counter the seeping out of a void lord's own energies into nothingness when they manifest in the Great Dark. As such world-souls would serve as anchors to the physical universe for them. Dimensius the All-Devouring was revealed through [Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire] to be a manifestation of the void lords.[3] However, he did not have a world-soul at his disposal and thus remained comparatively weak, relying on weakening the barriers between the physical world and the void and consuming matter and energy to grow in power. In this state, Xal'atath called it "the faintest of echoes", "a fragment" of a void lord's true power. Dimensius needed to constantly absorb matter and energy to remain anchored to the Great Dark Beyond, and it took him years to devour the ethereal's homeworld of K'aresh. He was also repelled by the sacrifice of a single naaru, T'uure, while attempting to devour another world. This gives some insight as to the difficulties the void lords face when attempting to manifest in the universe.

Deleted
    energy who dwell within the Void, outside the borders of reality. Merciless and cruel beyond imagination, they seek only to devour all matter and energy and the universe itself. However, only the most powerful of the void lords can actually manifest in the physical universe, and only for limited amounts of time for their energies quickly seep into nothingness. They thus must consume untold amounts of matter and energy to maintain their presence

- - - Updated - - -

Void lords may need world-souls for other reasons than creating a dark titan. World-souls represent unimaginable sources of energy, which would likely counter the seeping out of a void lord's own energies into nothingness when they manifest in the Great Dark. As such world-souls would serve as anchors to the physical universe for them. Dimensius the All-Devouring was revealed through [Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire] to be a manifestation of the void lords.[3] However, he did not have a world-soul at his disposal and thus remained comparatively weak, relying on weakening the barriers between the physical world and the void and consuming matter and energy to grow in power. In this state, Xal'atath called it "the faintest of echoes", "a fragment" of a void lord's true power. Dimensius needed to constantly absorb matter and energy to remain anchored to the Great Dark Beyond, and it took him years to devour the ethereal's homeworld of K'aresh. He was also repelled by the sacrifice of a single naaru, T'uure, while attempting to devour another world. This gives some insight as to the difficulties the void lords face when attempting to manifest in the universe.
    Jesus.

Yes dimensius may be a manifestation of an actual void lord but the point is moot. It may not be is real name. He may not look like the actual void lord. And his power is only "the faintest of echoes" compared to the real thing.

We have not fought, seen or defeated an actual void lord yet

So i guess its settled. Dimensius prime void lord

Dimensius is an AVATAR of the Void Lord's power. Pls read the Priest Artifact weapon bio's before you make up random Bullshit.

Thank you.

So how will a world soul be born into the world to save everyone?

Will it suddenly be born, and the world crack apart manifesting into a giant being.. In which case destroying the egg it is born from, thus destroying all of the species in azeroth..
    or does the planet just become self aware and protect itself some other way?