Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post
    I'm angry about inconsistent physics in a high fantasy world please take me seriously I'm so clever.
    The laws of physics in a fantasy settings aren't the same as IRL unless explicitly stated so.
    Last edited by mmoc21aa76c534; 2017-09-05 at 09:23 AM.

If the last one of these was also yours then I'll say the same thing I did there. You obviously WAY overestimate how much care and attention Blizzard put into the realism of all this.
    You either (A) don't know this so you're looking for an answer which just isn't there.
    or (B) Do know this and just want to seem intelligent on mmochamp

And that was exactly my thought a few weeks ago when I made my previous post with this screenie:
    Thats just sargeras with a flashlight.

I see.
    It seems that people will just swallow whatever crap you shove down their throats these days. Well played, Billzord.
    Will someone please lock this thread? We're getting nowhere. Trying to discuss the developer's lack of logic and common sense in a community that lacks logic and common sense was a horrible idea to begin with.

Fallacy of Misplaced Rigor. You are measuring/weighing details that were never designed to be so accurate. Blizz threw a plot together that told the story they wanted to tell, got some artists to come up with cool visuals, but I very much doubt they had Stephen Hawking vetting the details.

Deleted
    I'm so clever why won't people agree with me.
    You're applying your own logic and common sense to a fantasy setting that includes magic, dragons and giant portals in the sky that lead to planets full of evil demons.

Deleted
    Yeah I noticed that, too. It makes no sense. Blizzard is bad at science.

Deleted
    One of my favourite quotes on realism in WoW is the one going "are we complaining about that in a videogame that zends you dragons by mail?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    infinitely thin
    What the fuck does that mean?

Ah, yes... Trying to apply real physics in a fantasy game.
    GG, WP, GL AND HF.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Real life law of physics don't apply in the game /facepalm
    Really? Is that why gravity is a thing on Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are complaining about physics in WoW? What the fuck? What about us having our entire mount collection in our pocket, not to mention all the other crap you can carry with you at any given time? And on and on it goes. I'd like to see some consistency, if physics is really ruffling your feathers here.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Azeroth is bigger than Argus.

That's why Azeroth looks bigger when viewed from Argus than Argus does when viewed from Azeroth over the same distance.
    You need to finish what you read.

Deleted
    I see.
    It seems that people will just swallow whatever crap you shove down their throats these days. Well played, Billzord.
    Will someone please lock this thread? We're getting nowhere. Trying to discuss the developer's lack of logic and common sense in a community that lacks logic and common sense was a horrible idea to begin with.
    People or developers do not not necessarily lack logic and common sense, take into exam the possibility that you're just one of the very little amount of people that simply give, for some kind of reason, a shit about this particular subject, while the rest of us while understand perfectly your point, simply do not give a shit about physics in a game with talking cows and people spewing fireballs out of their hands.

Devs may simply have thought that it wasn't worth the effort to try and be realistic when two planets distant light years apart all of a sudden became really really near in the space of five minutes, especially when probably just you and other 5 people on planet earth noticed

Understanding <> Caring

You're just nitpicking on the game to create forum drama.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2017-09-05 at 09:37 AM.

Same distance between two planets, yet totally different scale. The radius of Argus is roughly three times smaller than Azeroth. That means that the volume (and the mass) of Argus is approximately 27 times smaller than that of Azeroth. Which, in turn, means that one metric ton of something on Azeroth would weight less than 40 kilos on Argus.
    It might have a different chemical composition though, and therefore a different core density.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What the fuck does that mean?
    Imagine a layer with thickness of a proton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    The laws of physics in a fantasy settings aren't the same as IRL unless explicitly stated so.
    No, it's the other way around. They are the same, unless explicitly stated to be different. Are you telling me that in a fantasy setting where people are standing on a round planet that revolves around some kind of sun, that unless it is explicitly stated, you assume there is no gravity? Please. Logic.

Deleted
    Really? Is that why gravity is a thing on Azeroth?
    Is it gravity? How do you know? Even if it is, it means Blizzard cherry picked gravity from RL physics, given the behaviour of Azeroth and Argus while it close proximity gravity obviously doesn't behave the same IRL as in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's the other way around. They are the same, unless explicitly stated to be different. Are you telling me that in a fantasy setting where people are standing on a round planet that revolves around some kind of sun, that unless it is explicitly stated, you assume there is no gravity? Please. Logic.
    You are wrong.

Well pardon me but I just can't see myself performing 'lunar' 20 meter high jumps here on Argus.
    On a related note, I think that it would have been a pretty cool idea to include some gameplay like that. Wildstar does it on their zones where gravity is lower than normal. It's actually a LOT of fun.

But to get back on topic, I think a lot of WoW's problems stem from a game engine that's over a decade old, and legacy code which would be a MASSIVE undertaking to clean up and bring back onto the cutting edge. So at this point I think Blizzard pretty much is taking the overall stance of "Fuck it" and "We're just gonna do whatever the hell we want regardless".
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-05 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    You are wrong.
    Nice argument.