Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Yes..what happens with you if you jumps down from great height? Gravity pulls you down...ergo gravity exists...What`s happens with you with pushback effcts? You get pushed back...So on, so on...
    Excuse me, but gameplay =\= lore. Get us the passage from an established, canonic source, then we'll talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    I can also see massive chunks of land floating above the surface of a planet, I can see that Outland doesn't have less 'gravity' than Azeroth, despite the force of gravity being proportional to mass. And unless you can use your wonderful powers of 'logic' to answer this:

I see no point continuing any discussion with you.
    Having an argument about logic thinking will not get you anywhere with a person trying to fit his own logic to a fantasy game.
    not saying you should quit, this is quite fun.... but i don't have any pop-corn

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    There is no discussion. You have no basis for a discussion. Physics have been neglected in WoW from the beginning. You can find a billion examples of a clear violation in each and every expansion. Stop making a fool out of yourselves by trying to apply physics to a game where teleportation, ressurection and floating city are slow days news.
    Read my posts. I'm agreeing with you, and quoting your question to post it to the guys who don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post
    It no longer bothers me. I was right. You were wrong. I'm but a prophet.

Now I find myself in a bewilderment.
    Let's completely disregard the laws of physics. Fine by me. But can someone please explain me THIS?

Thus ends the streak of Ten Thousand Years Of Quality Game Design.
    Please keep us updated about yet_another_Billzord_employees_quitting.
    Dude, you sound like a complete tool. Stop before it's too late.

It's a video game. What are you even on about? You really need to do something real with your life. Judging by the look of things though, there's still a looong way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Having an argument about logic thinking will not get you anywhere with a person trying to fit his own logic to a fantasy game.
    not saying you should quit, this is quite fun.... but i don't have any pop-corn
    I agree, I'm only here to kill time before I play some video games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Yes..what happens with you if you jumps down from great height? Gravity pulls you down...ergo gravity exists...What`s happens with you with pushback effcts? You get pushed back...So on, so on...
    Gravity would also cause arrows to follow a ballistic curve, which they don't. Instead, they zig-zag to follow their target. Would you care to explain that with physics?

- - - Updated - - -

Read my posts. I'm agreeing with you, and quoting your question to post it to the guys who don't understand.
    Ah, I'm sorry, I mistook you for the OP. My bad!

Deleted
    And unless you can use your wonderful powers of 'logic' to answer this:
    It doesn't need to be stated. Can you find me the passage where it says that humans on Azeroth have an anus? If not, then I will just assume they shit out of their mouths.

Things like that do not need to be explicitly stated.

The laws of physics in a fantasy settings aren't the same as IRL unless explicitly stated so.
    Doing it that way would be stupid. Do you want every fantasy story to start of with an explanation of how the worlds physics differ from RL? Because you would have to do that for your assumption to work. Otherwise you wouldn't know if people could breathe, hammers worked or things fell down when dropped. You know, basic stuff that you don't really want to think about.

No, it's the other way around. Identical to real physics unless noted. Usually, there's only a few exceptions anyway, so this makes for a much shorter list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It doesn't need to be stated. Can you find me the passage where it says that humans on Azeroth have an anus? If not, then I will just assume they shit out of their mouths. Things like that do not need to be explicitly stated.
    Ah, reductio ad absurdum! You're so cute. There's literally a wikipedia page devoted to telling you why your argument is stupid. I'll let you find it for yourself. I wonder how long it'll take you?

Generally when it comes to fantasy, you should never assume physics works the same way as irl unless it's explicitly stated so in the canon.
    Actually that's the opposite : you assume everything work the same except if explcitely stated so in the canon.
    That's why we have people feeling the same emotions, tree in the ground, clouds, oceans, things falling down, animals and basically everything making up the world, and only the part which are described as different being actually different (like magic).

Deleted
    OP, do you look like comic book guy from the Simpsons too? Because I couldn't help but read your post in his voice.

Reassess your priorities, man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doing it that way would be stupid. Do you want every fantasy story to start of with an explanation of how the worlds physics differ from RL? Because you would have to do that for your assumption to work. Otherwise you wouldn't know if people could breathe, hammers worked or things fell down when dropped. You know, basic stuff that you don't really want to think about.

No, it's the other way around. Identical to real physics unless noted. Usually, there's only a few exceptions anyway, so this makes for a much shorter list.
    It's quite easy to convey how a fantasy setting works without going through a list of constant laws and stating them 1 by 1. This is why you're not a fantasy writer, or world builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Gravity would also cause arrows to follow a ballistic curve, which they don't. Instead, they zig-zag to follow their target. Would you care to explain that with physics?
    Game mechanical simplification. They actually do do that in lore, unless enchanted to behave differently.

Half the problem here is people throwing together something done for the sake of cool visuals in a game with lore anyway. Nothing in WoW is accurately scaled in proportion with just about anything else the way it is described in lore.

Deleted
    Ah, reductio ad absurdum! You're so cute. There's literally a wikipedia page devoted to telling you why your argument is stupid. I'll let you find it for yourself. I wonder how long it'll take you?
    You really have no leg to stand on. Now show me where it is explicitly stated that humans in the WoW universe have anuses.

It's quite easy to convey how a fantasy setting works without going through a list of constant laws and stating them 1 by 1. This is why you're not a fantasy writer, or world builder.
    No, it isn't. Not unless you assume it mostly works like what you already know.

For that matter, how do you even know i'm not? You're just assuming at that point. You have no idea who i am, or what i do outside of this forum.

Deleted
    You really have no leg to stand on. Now show me where it is explicitly stated that humans in the WoW universe have anuses.
    Except that leg I helpfully labelled 'Stop arguing with people who use logical fallacies to back up their terrible arguments.'

Deleted
    So, have we forgotten about the laws of physics-breaking characteristics of the Fel and the Nether? The Burning Crusade came out in 2006, the remnants of a planet with floating rocks, magical infinite water and standing between dimensions.

"The law of physics of a planet with a godlike world spirit and with dimensional disruptive proprieties shouldn't be like this!" isn't really a good argument.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-09-05 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Except that leg I helpfully labelled 'Stop arguing with people who use logical fallacies to back up their terrible arguments.'
    You're pretty much outnumbered in this thread. Just give up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it isn't. Not unless you assume it mostly works like what you already know.

For that matter, how do you even know i'm not? You're just assuming at that point. You have no idea who i am, or what i do outside of this forum.
    If you were a fantasy writer or a world builder you wouldn't be here arguing a point that is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

You're pretty much outnumbered in this thread. Just give up.
    Democracy doesn't decide what's right and what's wrong. I'm here to helpfully inform 'til I get bored, anyway.

Deleted
    I'm here to helpfully inform
    So when will you start?