Mouse for Overwatch

Hey everyone, I am pretty new to this forum but so far I am loving it. Lots of great discussion on here and I have been getting my video game news a lot quicker since looking here everyday!

My long time mouse finally bit the dust yesterday. It was a SteelSeries Sensei and it worked really well for a long time but it was not a great mouse for games like Overwatch. The side buttons were so far back that it would require you to take you finger off the mouse button before you could use the second button, which would sometimes render the click pointless. I plan to spend a little bit more money this time and I think I might buy myself an actual gaming mouse. I am usually a SteelSeries guy (still using my Apex keyboard) but it might be time to branch out a little bit and try something else.

What mice would you all suggest right now? I am open to getting a new or a used mouse, my budget is around $130 so if I could get something really good but used for that instead of something only pretty good but new, I would probably prefer the used one instead. All suggestions welcome, thanks in advance everyone

Thanks for all of the help and replies gents, I went to the shop yesterday to get a feel for the mice and the one that really spoke to me was a Corsair Saber. I found some really good one for sale online around me that were barely used (a lot of people selling them as the favor their new Zowie mouse over it) especially some of the lisitngs on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/corsair-mouse which is where I eneded up shopping and now that I have hooked up my mouse and played a couple games I am very happy with my purchase.
    Last edited by Dota3Confirmed; 2017-09-01 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With a budget of 130 you can get any good FPS mouse new.

I'd recommend these: any Zowie FPS mouse. There are like 3 different styles, so you can find whichever shape you like best. It's simplistic and effect. They don't try to make it look like an alien anus.

Logitech G303: It's a small symmetrical mouse, it's the one I use. It has a really good sensor and it's cheap.

I don't have any other recommendations. Most FPS pros use either or, I got lucky with the G303. Spend some money on getting a good and large mouse pad too. I love my ridiculously large Zowie pad.

You might want to factor in how you hold your mouses too. Some mice are shaped for a specific mouse grip. Though it's not very hard to work around/get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    G502 should fit in your budget and works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    With a budget of 130 you can get any good FPS mouse new.

I'd recommend these: any Zowie FPS mouse. There are like 3 different styles, so you can find whichever shape you like best. It's simplistic and effect. They don't try to make it look like an alien anus.

Logitech G303: It's a small symmetrical mouse, it's the one I use. It has a really good sensor and it's cheap.

I don't have any other recommendations. Most FPS pros use either or, I got lucky with the G303. Spend some money on getting a good and large mouse pad too. I love my ridiculously large Zowie pad.

You might want to factor in how you hold your mouses too. Some mice are shaped for a specific mouse grip. Though it's not very hard to work around/get used to it.
    I still have my old Razer Goliathus mouse pad, and it works great still. Looking at the mice you recommended and they look like they do the job and more, but the grip has got me thinking as I have always felt more comfortable with a finger ledge so I am also taking a look at the G502. Thanks for the input!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I gotta support this. I picked up an EC1-A a month or so ago when my Logitech mouse started to die. There's no frills to the EC1-A, but I never used the frills anyway. The G502 had multiple sensitivities I could swap between on the fly that I only used to spin like an idiot in spawn in OW, or hit accidentally and fucking up my shots. The sniper button I never used. Etc. The EC1-A is a better hand-fit for me, and is just a simple 5-button mouse (two thumb buttons). But the hardware's high-end, and there's no software to fuck anything up; just plug and go. The sensitivity adjusts with a button on the bottom that you can't ever hit by accident. If you REALLY NEEDED to be able to set your DPI to any particular number, maybe it's not a good fit, but the presets are fine for pretty much everyone.

Which isn't me shitting on the G502; it's a great mouse, it just had features I ended up never using and which caused more problems than they solved, for me personally. If the mouse wheel hadn't started getting wonky, I wouldn't have gotten the Zowie.

Deleted
    G403 I'd say. The ZA-11 worked just fine as well.

I've been a big fan of the Razer Deathadder for a few years now. It is very minimalistic, comfortable and it works great. All the buttons (the 2 primary and 2 buttons on the side) are fairly big so you're never in doubt where any button is in a frantic firefight.

Deleted
    any of these mouse should be great

Zowie ec1/2 or FK.
    Logitech Gpro or g303/403.
    Razer Deathadder
    Steel series rival.

after all, you should use a mouse that fit with your hand size and with a decent sensor.
    i use the Logitech Gpro and is a great mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I've been a big fan of the Razer Deathadder for a few years now. It is very minimalistic, comfortable and it works great. All the buttons (the 2 primary and 2 buttons on the side) are fairly big so you're never in doubt where any button is in a frantic firefight.
    Yeah I'm still using my Deathadder too. I suppose it could be improved in some minimal ways but that chassis is now my standard other mouses have to match up to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Don't go with Zowie right now. They use an outdated sensor and you may not like the switches they use for the main buttons - they're huanos and quite stiff compared to the more typical omron - though, it seems the shell design may be more to blame for the stiffness than the actual switches from what I've seen. I loved my FK and FK2 back in the day, but they're nothing compared to my current GPro.

Logitech GPro is considered one of the best FPS mice atm - small, lightweight, ambidextrous design, and uses the current best sensor on the market (pixart 3360/3366). G303 and 403 also use this sensor, but have different shell shapes.

Razer Deathadder Elite is fine if you like bigger/heavier palm grip mice - uses an up to date sensor and has the tried and true palm/claw shell it always had. Lancehead is their new updated ambidextrous mouse - I personally found the shape to be weird and the weight was a bit much.

Steelseries just released their updated Rival and Sensei mice (Rival 310/Sensei 310). Up to date sensor and nice shapes, however the quality control seems iffy from what I've seen on mice forums. I tried both and the Sensei had very wobble buttons that had some play to them when pressing. Rival felt really nice, but mine had very stiff buttons to the point where I couldn't get used to it.