Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How can Argus be real if our eyes arent real?

Maybe fel fumes on Argus is causing the player to hallucinate.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Clearly OP doesn't have mining or blacksmithing... Otherwise he could see these strange, unknown to earthlings, elements. Different elements means different initial conditions during universe creation. Different "big bang" may lead to different distribution between the four fundamental forces in nature.
    Maybe if we "pretend" that Azeroth is located in a parallel universe, where the dominant force is not gravity, but electromagnetic force for example, we can explain a lot of "anomalies" we can see... Have to ask Algalon about that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Maybe fel fumes on Argus is causing the player to hallucinate.
    In fact, the player got knocked down by the first enemy they met at level 1, everything else has been a dream.

7+ Year Old Account
    What it bothered me most, is that Quel'thalas cannot be seen from Argus. Eastern Kingdoms stop at western plaguelands!

They should make Argus bigger in the skies of Azeroth, but beside that I don't really have a problem with it, even as a space nerd.

This is a fantasy world. Out of all magical things happening, you are questioning this?
    Nice bait thread, please close.

/thread

Deleted
    You have enough atmosphere around Outland, that is just a bunch of floating rocks at this point, to be able to breathe without every molecule disappearing into the outer space due to lack of mass considering the size of the land compared to whole planet... Yet nobody was complaining or even thinking about that.

so yeah

physics seems to not physic in warcraft universe

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Azeroth is bigger than Argus.

That's why Azeroth looks bigger when viewed from Argus than Argus does when viewed from Azeroth over the same distance.
    i think he realizes that and even explains it in his original post. gg

so could this be like a fold in the space time continuum thing? thats why argus appears right next to azeroth?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    They should make Argus bigger in the skies of Azeroth, but beside that I don't really have a problem with it, even as a space nerd.
    They really shouldn't. I'd say the biggest reason that they did it this way is that they don't want Argus dominating the skybox the same way Azeroth currently does in the Argus zones. Assuming similar size. and the fact that we are meant to see Argus in its entirety, we would have almost no sky showing any more in all of the Azeroth zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post
    Right.
    I happen to wonder where did all these guys disappear to. Y'know, the ones that blamed me for being 'too logical' a few weeks ago when I decided to do just a tiny bit of thinking and tried to estimate the outcome of dragging a massive stellar body such as Argus is right next to the existing constellation that includes Azeroth. The main counterarguments were 'DAT ARGUS EEZ IN DA PORTAL EET EEZ NOT RLY DERE' and 'EET BE DA PORTAL EET DUNT WORK FOR GRAVITY FIELDS'.
    Mhm.
    The very first cinematics we're getting on Vindicaar clearly shows us that there is no portal. Argus is just there. But we defy the baseline laws of physics. Our apples do not fall on the ground yet, since Sir Newton is not yet born. Eet eez magic.
    It no longer bothers me. I was right. You were wrong. I'm but a prophet.

Now I find myself in a bewilderment.
    Let's completely disregard the laws of physics. Fine by me. But can someone please explain me THIS?

This is how Argus can be seen from Azeroth.

And this is how Azeroth looks like when you actually avert your eyes from these fancy (nope) rare-elites on the ground of Argus.

Same distance between two planets, yet totally different scale. The radius of Argus is roughly three times smaller than Azeroth. That means that the volume (and the mass) of Argus is approximately 27 times smaller than that of Azeroth. Which, in turn, means that one metric ton of something on Azeroth would weight less than 40 kilos on Argus.

Well pardon me but I just can't see myself performing 'lunar' 20 meter high jumps here on Argus.
    I also fail to see them space goat draenei's getting flattened to messy pools of gore on Azeroth. Looks like they're enjoying their time here. Despite the fact that Argus was their 'homeworld'.

Thus ends the streak of Ten Thousand Years Of Quality Game Design.
    Please keep us updated about yet_another_Billzord_employees_quitting.
    This is actually Interesting, more science on this biz nitch. Too sad fanboys will just dismiss this as "IZ BLIZZARDS VISION AND BLIZZ LOGIC HIIII" meh...

You can't expect Blizz to apply science as open minded as they are, they won't bother to make logic out of this kind of thing, even though you might say "Well FANTASY DUURH HURR" well fantasy got replaced by Sci-fi when we got demons who apparently have rocket launchers, giant demonic cannons and technology that makes them seem that the only reason they're strong IS their technology. A bit of starcraft/warhammer In here. It's really alittle obsurd It makes me think of Iron Horde but with Rocket Laucnhers and mines and... look, I'm a GIANT orc fanboy, especially of Grommash so I was kind of like "OH MY GOD THIS IS COOL" but now I'm like "Wait what the fuck are they doing adding that kinda technology In the game willy nilly" I mean Draenei already have that tech apparently.

Also explain to me, If the draenei has this powerful shield ability that can withstand many poundings of a fel cannon over and over again, why wasn't It applied to the 4th War? Aka war from end of Wrath until Pandaria, when Garrosh took over and went fullscale war with the Alliance cause Varian declared war? (Yes It was him, take that Alliance dogs, overreacting from the whole wrathgate thing). In this case the Draenei might as well be the Protoss aiding pre-Industrial humans In a war that gives them a large advantage yet they kept It all hidden In the Exodar? Horde should've raided the Exodar long ago, seems pretty defenceless on that isle there.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post
    ... blamed me for being 'too logical' ...
    Don't worry. You aren't. If you were logical you would have found a lot more differences between the WoW universe and ours, a long time ago. And you wouldn't make such a fuzz about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    In fact, the player got knocked down by the first enemy they met at level 1, everything else has been a dream.
    I can get on board with this theory.

Is this what people do when they have no friends?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    An oxymoronic argument isn't a factual one. That's why it's called fantasy.
    That makes no sense.

Fantasy or not, there are rules. Like that when you cut off someone's head, they're dead. If they don't die, then you have to have an explanation. Like that they are undead, or a machine. If you cut off the head of a robot or a zombie, and their body keeps moving or hitting you, you wouldn't feel like anything was unusual. But if someone went up to Anduin and beheaded him, and then his body stood up and walked around and his head kept talking and saying things like "gee, that's gonna hurt in the morning", and he just kept on living, everybody would go WTF! When Varians's body explodes into fel, or Illidan does the same thing to Gul'dan, we understand that that character is dead (for now). He might be resurrected, but if without any explanation, that character all of a sudden appeared behind a bush as if nothing happened, you would go, with all due respect, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? You would think that Blizzard doesn't take their own story seriously. No amount of "this is just a videogame" or "this is fantasy" would change that.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-09-05 at 11:31 AM.

Since when the volume equals a mass? lol, nice science

You know the density of the Argus? Maybe it's much bigger than Azeroth.

So it can be scientificaly proven that Argus can have the same gravity as Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Fantasy or not, there are rules. Like that when you cut off someone's head, they're dead. If they don't die, then you have to have an explanation. Like that they are undead, or a machine. If you cut off the head of a robot or a zombie, and their body keeps moving or hitting you, you wouldn't feel like anything was unusual. But if someone went up to Anduin and beheaded him, and then his body stood up and walked around and his head kept talking and saying things like "gee, that's gonna hurt in the morning", and he just kept on living, everybody would go WTF! When Varians's body explodes into fel, or Illidan does the same thing to Gul'dan, we understand that that character is dead (for now). He might be resurrected, but if without any explanation, that character all of a sudden appeared behind a bush as if nothing happened, you would go, with all due respect, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? You would think that Blizzard doesn't take their own story seriously. No amount of "this is just a videogame" or "this is fantasy" would change that.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    I loved that post. Yes - there should be rules and nothing should be asnwered with "It's fantasy game/magic".
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-09-05 at 12:56 PM.

Dragons couldn't fly according to physics, either. It's a fantasy game. You should really check your priorities.

Deleted
    When was the last time you went to a parl/pub/disco op?

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for this thread, I needed a laugh in my coffee break.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Dragons couldn't fly according to physics, either. It's a fantasy game. You should really check your priorities.
    Pretty much nothing in Warcraft would be able to fly on Earth, given how small their wings are and/or how heavy their bodies would be. And none would be able to carry a person on top.

But wait, those designs are based off the ones in other fantasy franchises, does that mean those other universes are also disregarding science for the sake of storytelling and visual impact? It couldn't be, could it?